Bye bye Theresa

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Bye bye Theresa

Post by Rich B »

Who cares about “what ifs”, the fact is the leave vote won and nothing has changed since then to negate the result of that vote.

If anyone thought it wouldn’t be years of fuckwittery to get to an unsatisfactory deal for leaving, then you’re a fool. It’s played out exactly as I expected the day I heard the shitty result in June 2016.

It needs to be put to bed as quickly as possible so everyone can get on with all the normal stuff that’s being neglected as the country focuses on this shit.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What Rich said. There's still enough unknown about actuality, let alone hypothetical situations.

I didn't want to leave the EU, I still don't, but more than anything I just want certainty so the country can actually get on with its business. It's so frustrating that every day the newspapers refer to the markets moving up or down in a step due to some Brexit-related announcement. FFS, we have Grant Thornton trying so hard to save their own arses giving evidence to a select committee yesterday about the Patisserie Valerie fraud that they are tainting all other auditors and that's relegated to minor news.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

fair point - I just want it all sorted too, one way or another.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am Who cares about “what ifs”, the fact is the leave vote won and nothing has changed since then to negate the result of that vote.

If anyone thought it wouldn’t be years of fuckwittery to get to an unsatisfactory deal for leaving, then you’re a fool. It’s played out exactly as I expected the day I heard the shitty result in June 2016.

It needs to be put to bed as quickly as possible so everyone can get on with all the normal stuff that’s being neglected as the country focuses on this shit.
Bang on.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 am fair point - I just want it all sorted too, one way or another.
That just leaves defining "it", so we know what is being sorted.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

What do we want? Something ill-defined and nebulous! When do we want it? Now?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:11 am What do we want? Something ill-defined and nebulous! When do we want it? Now?
Thats EXACTLY what 52% voted for unfortunately.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

What do you 99 percent remainer people commenting on this thread think of Niges article 24 idea yesterday? :lol: :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

He doesn't understand article 24
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

His speech was good tho - cant fault that.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 pm His speech was good tho - cant fault that.
Don't know - didn't hear it. But then, I am more inclined to feed that ghastly cunt through a woodchipper than I am to hearing syllable that emerges from the hole in his face. If the premise of his speech is flawed, though, the quality of the oratory isn't really important...
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

PreacherCain wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:29 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:57 pm His speech was good tho - cant fault that.
Don't know - didn't hear it. But then, I am more inclined to feed that ghastly cunt through a woodchipper than I am to hearing syllable that emerges from the hole in his face. If the premise of his speech is flawed, though, the quality of the oratory isn't really important...
Do you have a volunteer registry? Happy to help.
---
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 pm
I imagine there's a shade over 16 million of us, mate.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I can provide the woodchipper and transport it - just changed the oil and sharpened the blades on it last weekend 8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 pm
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
I am also considering starting a crowdfunding effort to find a way of forcing Farage, Wigmore and Banks to fist each other to death on live TV, before their remains are mulched and used to fertilise Dutch tulip gardens.
Beany

Post by Beany »

PreacherCain wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:27 pm I am also considering starting a crowdfunding effort to find a way of forcing Farage, Wigmore and Banks to fist each other to death on live TV, before their remains are mulched and used to fertilise Dutch tulip gardens.
I love you.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

PreacherCain wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:01 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:31 pm

I imagine there's a shade over 16 million of us, mate.
Just remember the three Fs (Forum Friends First)
---
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So what do we think of Plan C?
Under Plan C, the UK would ask for the transition period to run for an extra year to the end of 2021 and EU citizens living in Britain would have their rights protected.

There is then a two-pronged approach to the negotiations.

First, the UK would demand the EU negotiates a new Irish border backstop that is acceptable to Brexiteers.

They suggest a technology-based system for goods crossing the Irish border that has already been rejected by the EU.

If this proves impossible, the group would then suggest a no deal exit based on keeping the transition period from the existing plan in return for paying some of the divorce bill.

Both sides would then use the three year transition period to prepare for an exit on basic World Trade Organisation rules, while negotiating a final trade deal.

If it went ahead, Brexiteers would get to remove the backstop they say is unacceptable while Remainers still get the transition period they say is essential.
My initial reaction was hat it sort of seems reasonable, but I just can't see the EU agreeing to vapourware in terms of the technology and not having physical checks surely isn't an acceptable position for anyone? You just fill in an online form to say you're carrying sacks of potatoes but then take bags of cocaine across?
Middle-aged Dirtbag