The Cats are good too thread

RobYob

Re: The Cats are good too thread

Post by RobYob »

Box was clearly too small and quite deep, nevertheless he thought he fitted.
Orientation is correct, he's kinda on wedged in on his back looking up.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Kitten killed a mouse yesterday. First one she's seen and she just dispatched it with extreme efficiency 8-)

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Excellent. One of ours is proving to be a better hunter than the others. He's brought two mice and a shrew in so far, and he made a good attempt at getting one of the neighbours' guinea fowl on Saturday. I'd prefer it if he didn't kill the neighbours' animals...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Pigeons is our cats speciality. He seems to have got lazy lately tho - bit of a tubs as well. I wish he'd go after the twatting squirrels tbh, but he shows no interest in them.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

One of our neighbours' cats caught a stoat, we found out over Christmas. That cat must have been nails. Sadly no longer with us (old age, I'm pleased to say).
Simon

Post by Simon »

The cat or the stoat?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

The cat died of old age. The stoat died at the hands of the cat.
Simon

Post by Simon »

So the cat had hands? No wonder he could catch a stoat.
evostick

Post by evostick »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 pm Excellent. One of ours is proving to be a better hunter than the others. He's brought two mice and a shrew in so far, and he made a good attempt at getting one of the neighbours' guinea fowl on Saturday. I'd prefer it if he didn't kill the neighbours' animals...
Yesterday she was excellent. Today notsomuch.

She caught another one in the living room, didn't kill it. I picked her up and shut her in a room so she could do the deed then looked about 20 minutes later and she was still playing tag with it.
I could stand it no more. My weaker side got the better of me and I sent it on its way myself.

This fella is a good mouser but he does often bring them in and let them loose in the house. It wasn't funny at the time but I now laugh about when he bought a fecking squirrel in through the catflap and presented it, very much loose and alive, at my feet :shock: :lol:

They're getting on fine now anyway. As shown here together by the fire (some dog content).

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

evostick wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 pmIt wasn't funny at the time but I now laugh about when he bought a fecking squirrel in through the catflap and presented it, very much loose and alive, at my feet :shock:
The old chap (father, not Little James) feels your pain - one of our cats back in the day had worked out a way of jumping into their bedroom window (neighbour's wall, ground floor mullion, first floor windowsill - clever fuckers) and proudly presented to him, one night at about 3am, directly onto his face - a very-much-alive bat.

Bat was hastily dispatched through said window and aforementioned cat followed it (of her own volition!) as if it was some sort of cartoon chase :lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Having always owned dogs in the family I’ve just put my name down for a rescue cat. Gulp. :shock:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Beany

Post by Beany »

Your fireplace and carpet are a right fucking state evostick, have you no standards?

Colleague at work has offered to throw one of his cats at me - it's kinda stressed at his place and keeps pulling it's fur out, think it just needs a quieter home.

Apparently it's a bit of a 'funny' cat, wonky eye and very friendly. Kinda tempted.

Should probably get some more stability in my life first though, eh?
evostick

Post by evostick »

I do have standards. They just might not match your expectations :)

Pic of the kitten. Second set of jabs today. It'll be venturing outside in a few days time. It's bored shitless in the house now.

The father was a Savannah which is a cross between a domestic cat and a Serval. The Serval apparently the only wildcat that enjoys water. This may explain why the damn thing jumps into the bath when you're in it :shock:
evostick

Post by evostick »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:36 pm Your fireplace and carpet are a right fucking state evostick, have you no standards?

Colleague at work has offered to throw one of his cats at me - it's kinda stressed at his place and keeps pulling it's fur out, think it just needs a quieter home.

Apparently it's a bit of a 'funny' cat, wonky eye and very friendly. Kinda tempted.

Should probably get some more stability in my life first though, eh?
Go for it.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ours like to get in the sinks and bath but only to lick the taps, not when they’re full of water 😄
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Cats are dicks, both ours seem to have taken up the sport of human tripping.

Dave!
evostick

Post by evostick »

Our little kitten is not so good. Dead in fact.

It started off really very well but it became clear after a month or so that something wasn't quite right. Very snotty, reduced appetite, generic flu like symptoms. Antibiotics seemed to help quite a bit but as soon as the treatment stopped then the symptoms returned and gradually got worse. Blood screening revealed quite a sick animal. Three possibilities - toxoplasmosis, liver shunt or perotinitis.

We were hoping that it was toxoplasmosis as it's really the only treatable condition of the three. It also made sense as the parent had been fed on a diet of raw meat, how it's most oft transmitted in utero. So she had the targeted antibiotic for the parasite responsible.

She responded well initially and got our hopes up but again, it soon became clear that it wasn't the correct diagnosis.

She went downhill very quickly indeed yesterday and passed away on my lap.

It's a shame because she would've made a cracking cat.

Simon

Post by Simon »

:(
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:cry: