Your fleet running reports

scotta

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by scotta »

JonMad wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:48 pm Oil level a little low so have ordered some of this (just 1l)
Because RACECAR (or something)
Tis the stuff i run in the loltus. Top quality.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 pm That would make sense, but the reality seems to be that it doesn't really make much difference. They use the ZZS for the 420r championship and those boys don't seem to struggle with them going off.
Good enough for me. :)
_andy

Post by _andy »

Interesting to see Avon do the ZZS in a 245/40/15 - there was a lot of excitement in US MX-5 circles a while back when Maxxis started doing a tyre called the VR-1 in this size, and 949 Racing produced a 15x10 wheel to suit it. Maxxis don't sell the tyre outside of the US as far as I can tell, so these might be an option for the Spazda, which is currently on 205's.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

scotta wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm
JonMad wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:48 pm Oil level a little low so have ordered some of this (just 1l)
Because RACECAR (or something)
Tis the stuff i run in the loltus. Top quality.
Good to know, cheers.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

330 now Hunter aligned, and all driving nicely again. Infiniti Stockport must think I'm daft as it's the 3rd time it's been to them in the last 4yrs or so.

Bodged exhaust fix on the 125i didn't last long. Spring washer must've sprung out. I have the proper BMW paperclip on order for it, so hopefully that can be attached when it goes in for its oil service on Sat.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

928 successfully MOT’d with no advisories. Phew. Oil and filter change, flex plate check, £200. 😎
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Wheels received back from BJV Engineering. Very pleased !

5-spokes, set #1 (8" & 10" width) - refurb in silver and fitted with a new set of Federal 595 RS-R that I supplied. These will be my default road / track wheels.

5-spokes, set #2 (7½" & 9" width) - refurb in silver and fitted with the fairly new Contis that were originally on the splits. These will be my racing wheels, as "production" class doesn't allow fancy tyres. They're also the lightest available OEM 18" wheels.

Split rims done in silver with "chrome silver" outers. Going into storage as I don't really have a use for them and if 996 prices continue to be silly these will soon be worth more than my house.

Edit - attachment working !!
Attachments
IMG_6848.jpg
IMG_6848.jpg (119.97 KiB) Viewed 2823 times
mik

Post by mik »

“Chrome silver” looks far yellower than I would have expected... :?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 pm “Chrome silver” looks far yellower than I would have expected... :?
it must be reflecting something yellow by your screen.
mik

Post by mik »

Ah - I do keep a US school bus parked beside my laptop. Probably that. Cheers Rich!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm Wheels received back from BJV Engineering. Very pleased !

5-spokes, set #1 (8" & 10" width) - refurb in silver and fitted with a new set of Federal 595 RS-R that I supplied. These will be my default road / track wheels.

5-spokes, set #2 (7½" & 9" width) - refurb in silver and fitted with the fairly new Contis that were originally on the splits. These will be my racing wheels, as "production" class doesn't allow fancy tyres. They're also the lightest available OEM 18" wheels.

Split rims done in silver with "chrome silver" outers. Going into storage as I don't really have a use for them and if 996 prices continue to be silly these will soon be worth more than my house.
Nice!

I’d be tempted to fit 8J/RSR front and 9J/Contis rear, and see if the handling characteristics would change for the better, esp for Autosolo / track day.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Panamera is going back to Porsche again next week. Another fucking hybrid glitch although it seems to still be working. Just think the software in these things is utter crap. Not going to want it back really given this is happening every 2 months so will see what happens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The i3 was going into BMW every few months for its first 2 years due to software problems. I think it was actually at the BMW workshop for 6 months in total before they finally released an over the air update which fixed everything.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It seems the rush to get these vehicles to market has left customers doing a lot of the beta testing.
Cheers, Harry
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

That was certainly my experience with the T8. It spent a huge time at the dealer and they really only fixed the litany of problems (that ran the gamut from annoying and faintly hilarious to actually dangerous) by completely rewriting the software from the ground up. They told me that they’d ended up doing that because owners in the US were planning a class action which could’ve cost millions...

To be fair, in the 12 months since they sorted the software it’s been trouble free, and the new OS included some enhancements which were genuinely useful, too.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Boat-wise, this happened yesterday after my mechanicerings last weekend 8-) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pvs8snobrl7p ... .mp4?raw=1

Not so say we got a bit carried away but we put 700 litres of petrol through it yesterday :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

VW fixed my door seal and sprayed the rusty disk hubs a weird siver.

Wind noise gone.

I prefer having the estate and dsg on these. As an allrounder you can't go wrong. Had a drive from Masham over the tour of yorkshire cycle race course down to Skipton and it was most fun. I pity those boys on their bikes tho - thats a tough old windy hilly narrow route. :D

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:41 pm Boat-wise, this happened yesterday after my mechanicerings last weekend 8-) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pvs8snobrl7p ... .mp4?raw=1

Not so say we got a bit carried away but we put 700 litres of petrol through it yesterday :lol:

Fvck me, how quick are the fish out there? :o
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

First impression of the ZZSs is that grip and feel seems good, but jeez is the ride harsh on them compared to the Yokos. I'll have a look at whether they ramped the pressures up next time I get the chance as that could be contributing, but today I was jiggling about all over the place.

I can confirm that wet grip is good on them, I'd say feels more secure in the wet than the Yokos.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:37 pm First impression of the ZZSs is that grip and feel seems good, but jeez is the ride harsh on them compared to the Yokos. I'll have a look at whether they ramped the pressures up next time I get the chance as that could be contributing, but today I was jiggling about all over the place.

I can confirm that wet grip is good on them, I'd say feels more secure in the wet than the Yokos.
It'll be the pressures, my rears were at 26 when I had them fitted and it felt like I was leaving the ground on even small bumps :lol: