Lego

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Lego

Post by Jobbo »

Since the Lego thread was one of the longer-running topics on the old forum, I thought I'd start. Ordered today:
- Easter Bunny (these are going for 2x RRP on eBay and Easter's over, FFS! And they're even on back order on the Lego shop online).
- Tron - backorder on Lego online until late May (!) I had no idea this would be so popular.
- A small Creator dinosaurs set added to the order to get free delivery.

I've already got a couple of different wedding vignettes to choose from for our wedding cake for next month. I have also had to shift all of the unbuilt Lego to the study from the spare room because, who would know it, occasionally guests might want to stay in the spare bed!
RobYob

Re: Lego

Post by RobYob »

Lego, on your wedding cake.
That is the definition of winning life.

I salute you sir.

Bought some of that Mayka flexibls Lego tape for the kids bookshelves, it seems to be quite good.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I was given a couple of rolls of that tape for Christmas but haven't yet used it. Not sure what I will use it for, in fact.

The wedding cake decoration will be one or the other of these:
The attachment lego-40197-minifigure-wedding-set-2018-2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
lego-40197-minifigure-wedding-set-2018-2.jpg
lego-40197-minifigure-wedding-set-2018-2.jpg (101.16 KiB) Viewed 17089 times
Last edited by Jobbo on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

lego-minifigure-wedding-favour-set-40165-15-1.jpg
lego-minifigure-wedding-favour-set-40165-15-1.jpg (192.81 KiB) Viewed 17089 times
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Is Lepin and other generic-definitely-not-Lego-no-siree allowed?
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

I hadn't made anything Lego for about 25 years, then found myself spending a rainy Sunday last year building a Saturn V. I'm currently waiting for the Lego Ideas Pad 39B to be made, so I can have the full Apollo geek set.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You'll be waiting a while sadly - it wasn't approved so you'll have to source the bricks and build it yourself :(
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 pm I was given a couple of rolls of that tape for Christmas but haven't yet used it. Not sure what I will use it for, in fact.
The loop we put around the inside edge of a bookshelf has a loop the loop conga line of minifigs.

Also the creator Chameleon looks great stuck vertically.
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:25 pm You'll be waiting a while sadly - it wasn't approved so you'll have to source the bricks and build it yourself :(
FFS. No vision, some people. :evil:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I'm really looking forward to the Chiron, I've got a lot of aspiration for that model 8-)

I'll also buy the 1964.5 Mustang, maybe even the S550 mustang and not fit the roof so it's an exact replica of my actual car 8-)
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 pm lego-minifigure-wedding-favour-set-40165-15-1.jpg
That is only for decorating tables, not cakes. :ugeek:
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

All that Lego history in the evo thread...shit it makes me quite angry. Fuckers.

Anyway - anybody know when/if pre-orders apply for the Bugatti Chiron set? I saw June 1st release date online - is it still only available direct from the shops at that point though?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Pete_ wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:33 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 pm lego-minifigure-wedding-favour-set-40165-15-1.jpg
Pete, it is great for the top of the cake. Might cut down the stuff other than the mini figures a bit, mind you.

Mark, it’s usually only from the Lego stores (online and bricks and mortar if you can be arsed to go to Milton Keynes) immediately on release but the GT3 was widely available and discounted everywhere pretty quickly. So I’ll be waiting.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:40 am
Pete_ wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:33 pm
Pete, it is great for the top of the cake. Might cut down the stuff other than the mini figures a bit, mind you.

Mark, it’s usually only from the Lego stores (online and bricks and mortar if you can be arsed to go to Milton Keynes) immediately on release but the GT3 was widely available and discounted everywhere pretty quickly. So I’ll be waiting.
General release is August 1st or around then, so see what happens to the price at that point perhaps.
Barry

Post by Barry »

I've got the Tron set on order too but unlikely to get it till next month now. Also, the Starlord brickheadz item, just cos.

Like SD, I'm a little peeved we lost that thread on Evo too..
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Plenty of Tron sets in the Glasgow and London stores. I like it but pricey for what you get, same with the new Ferrari set. I really like the Ocean Explorer, likely to get that next.
M235i
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Recent builds are the Mac truck and the 6*6 remote control set. The latter is ok but the open diffs are a pain. The former is a really cool build though.

ste

Post by ste »

I understand the Caterham set is now discontinued. If someone wanted one of them, does anyone know of a place that has them on offer, or should I just pay RRP while I can still get one?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They may have briefly been on offer a week or so ago at John Lewis bricks and mortar stores - not online, but the VW camper, Beetle and Mini were about 15% off.

Ideas sets generally aren't discounted much or at all except when the Lego shop online sells off its last stock. So I'd not be too worried about paying RRP then finding it cheaper next day.

ETA: already gone from the Lego store online; if you want one and find one at RRP, snap it up!
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

ste wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am I understand the Caterham set is now discontinued. If someone wanted one of them, does anyone know of a place that has them on offer, or should I just pay RRP while I can still get one?
Ah may explain why it wasn’t available at the Lego shop in Disney Village in Paris.