Time

Problems, wishes, wants, changes, etc.
GG.

Time

Post by GG. »

Not a philosophical question - just noticed that teh forum clock does not seem to have adjusted itself for the clocks going back to GMT...
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Time

Post by Matty »

Seems fine here. Check your settings...

Edit - click on your name in top right, select user control panel, select board preferences. Check your zone.
GG.

Post by GG. »

It says "All times are UTC+01:00" at the bottom of the page - that there be one hours ahead of the time in these here parts... Can I alter that?

ETA: well blow me down so I can. Though does that mean we have to manually adjust for British Summer Time as everything is based off UTC?
Matty

Post by Matty »

Mine auto-adjusted....?
Simon

Post by Simon »

GG, just make sure your timezone says UTC+00 and beneath that it says Europe/London and you should be golden.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

Awesome - thanks!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

This reminds me of the old Dennis forum - IIRC most years we had to deal with the time not changing when going from GMT to BST.
Matty

Post by Matty »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:14 pm This reminds me of the old Dennis forum - IIRC most years we had to deal with the time not changing when going from GMT to BST.
TBH as great as PhpBB is for free, you have to mess with it a alot, like the aforementioned time setup. Unfortunately, proper forum software isn't cheap (nor is it worthwhile for what we use it for). My only real bugbear is it gets spammed to buggery.

I did think I'd get IPB at a reduced rate for a second licence, but nope, full whack (£250 + £50/year)