Mito Man

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Mito Man »

The poverty spec base version.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:23 pm Well I’m enjoying this so far, can’t get my head over the traffic driving on the left!
Had the same issue with the demo, having been conditioned for so many years that you have to drive on the 'mercan side in video games 😂
Cheers, Harry
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Has there been an ov9 club started yet?
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Well Amazon fcked me over, so I cancelled and found a better deal from Smyths. I've not played a Forza game in years so very much enjoying this one. I've not ordered my 4K TV yet, but the it looks awesome on my 1440P. Stuck to "Quality" mode because it just looks so great, despite 30FPS.

Someone get the club sorted and I'll join.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I've still not bought a 4K TV as the recommended size for the viewing distance is 65".... Which has blown the original budget and also alerted the wife to the whole jape.

Are all these people raving over the 4K visuals on the Xbox sitting really close to their screens?? Or does everyone have a massive, bling 4K TV and I just need to get with the times?
Cheers,

Mike.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I bought the ultimate edition of it (I think that's what it's called). I've played it quite a bit this weekend, and enjoying it so far. I've become a bit addicted to hunting down the boards. I'm still trying to work out how you get some that are sat on top of houses!

I bought the GT2 RS last night, and just went for a drive around in it. I've found making credits pretty easy as well. Already up in to the millions. Although I've not been buying loads of cars like I normally do.

Not massively sold on the customisation and emote stuff that your character does whilst waiting for stuff to load.
Ascender wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am I've still not bought a 4K TV as the recommended size for the viewing distance is 65".... Which has blown the original budget and also alerted the wife to the whole jape.

Are all these people raving over the 4K visuals on the Xbox sitting really close to their screens?? Or does everyone have a massive, bling 4K TV and I just need to get with the times?
I've got a 43" 4K sony and using the Xbox One X. I think it looks great. I probably sit closer than I should though.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Stupid question, looks like I have the treasure map thing but I can't activate it via the world map - pressing Y does zip.
Cheers,

Mike.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Really enjoying this, except for the gear grinding noises when depressing the clutch (PC Ultimate version). Loads of people complaining about that one online, too. May try fiddling with the USB controllers. Visuals on even standard HD are excellent but a 4K monitor will be purchased because it’s time we did anyway.

Oh and the Aston V8 Vantage sounds better in FH3 but #nitpick
dan

Post by dan »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:07 pm Really enjoying this, except for the gear grinding noises when depressing the clutch (PC Ultimate version). Loads of people complaining about that one online, too. May try fiddling with the USB controllers. Visuals on even standard HD are excellent but a 4K monitor will be purchased because it’s time we did anyway.

Oh and the Aston V8 Vantage sounds better in FH3 but #nitpick
I tried it on a wheel but thought it was shit so i'm playing on a joypad where its surprisingly enjoyable, I don't think i've played a racing game on the sticks for at least 20 years :o
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The Wheelspins suck now, before you got cars or cash, now it’s mainly crap character related stuff no one but 5 year olds care about.

I’ve noticed the fuel gauges work on this like the previous game, wonder if there’s tyre wear too. I remember on Horizon 3 I had a fully modded Ford GT which couldn’t complete the Goliath race around the perimeter of the map as it would run out of fuel.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Excellent game so far......

The 996 GT3 (standard and modded) is very tricky to drive (TC / STB off, manual, XBox game pad ) :( I don’t have a clue how to set the car up to make its handling more friendly; it loves high speed oversteers which I don’t want. :|

Some of the cars that I ‘won’ (wheelspin / level up / barn find) have been the best ones to use for racing. Love the Lotus Elise GT1, Bentley Continental, Range Rover, Ford RS200 and a few others. I’m only racing against ‘average’ AI though.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Got two barn finds I need to, er, find. Refuse to follow the YouTube ‘guides’ and prefer to howl with frustration when I can’t locate them. And racing The Flying Scotsman through the tunnel was pretty intense 8-)
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I use the drone to search for barn find :D

What’s everyone’s best ‘win’ from spin/superspin?

I have won a few cars and the best ‘cash prize’ was 250,000 Cr. However when I bought Fairlawn Manor for 2 millions Cr, which included 10 superspins and ‘Fast Travel’ perk, and from the 10 superspins I ‘won back’ almost 700,000 Cr and 4 cars, one of which was the Auto Union Type D that would have cost TEN MILLIONS Cr. :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Coaster1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:26 am
The 996 GT3 (standard and modded) is very tricky to drive (TC / STB off, manual, XBox game pad ) :( I don’t have a clue how to set the car up to make its handling more friendly
I'm clearly a loss to the world of chassis development because no matter what I do, it always makes it worse :D obviously the game is broken.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

How do you even set up a car on a game like this with all the variable terrain? Unless you can be bothered to do it individually on a race by race basis which seems futile unless you’re chasing leaderboards.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

To tame tail happiness the same rules apply as in the real world, soften the rear a little, add a little toe in at the rear, soften the rear arb, lower the acceleration part of the rear diff.

Well, they work in the normal forza games, but you're still fighting the engine in the wrong place 😉
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Matty wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 am I'm clearly a loss to the world of chassis development because no matter what I do, it always makes it worse :D obviously the game is broken.
I’m the same :lol:
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:05 pm To tame tail happiness the same rules apply as in the real world, soften the rear a little, add a little toe in at the rear, soften the rear arb, lower the acceleration part of the rear diff.

Well, they work in the normal forza games, but you're still fighting the engine in the wrong place 😉
I’ll give that a try later. :)

I copied the set up from the Elise GT1 (except for spring rates) and the car now drives better. Still twitchy at high speed though. The 997 RS 4.0 drives quite well, so I’ll try copying that on the 996.

Still getting my head around the game and just discovered the Autumn / weekly challenge with the ‘92 NSX-R, which was fun. 8-)

Seen a few glitches mentioned on PH/youtube (free wheelspins / Cr etc), but not going try them otherwise just ruining the game.