No F1 thread?

Orange Cola

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Orange Cola »

Stick Alonso in the car, watch him win championships.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Haas is in the poo with the FIA

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138476
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

Was out cycling. Came back just before start of race. Set it recording, and went for a shower, intending to rewind it back to the start and watch once I was all squeaky clean. :D

Managed to record pit walk prog only, and when I realised and switched back - could not rewind live feed. :evil:

So I missed the footage of the Vettel incident.

I then caught the highlights later :) - at about lap 5. :roll:

So I still haven't seen the Vettel incident.

Did enjoy the race though - I wanted Kimi to hold Hammo off to be honest. Or at least I did until he passed and then 99% of the Tifosi started booing and leaving the track. What a bunch of TAUCs. :evil:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Anyone seen the full footage of Vettels pit release into Ericsson - apparently ME had to lock up to not hit SV. No penalty though for a Ferrari....
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

No penalty because sauber would have had to lodge a complaint, and as sauber are the team equivalent of Kimi they’ll just roll over and take it
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:40 am No penalty because sauber would have had to lodge a complaint, and as sauber are the team equivalent of Kimi they’ll just roll over and take it
every days a school day - I didn’t realise it was based on a complaint.
mik

Post by mik »

That seems a bit silly. Don’t Sauber use Ferrari engines? Bit of a conflict of interest for them....
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

jamcg wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:40 am No penalty because sauber would have had to lodge a complaint, and as sauber are the team equivalent of Kimi they’ll just roll over and take it
Ah, I wondered about that, it did not get shown on the live F1 feed on Sky and I remembered it being mentioned by MB and then nothing. I guess that explains it but makes a mockery of the rules when so many customer teams feel they cannot make a complaint.

Cracking race though, really fancied a Kimi win.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Gavin wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:18 am
Ah, I wondered about that, it did not get shown on the live F1 feed on Sky and I remembered it being mentioned by MB and then nothing. I guess that explains it but makes a mockery of the rules when so many customer teams feel they cannot make a complaint.

Cracking race though, really fancied a Kimi win.
I was hoping he'd win too, but very happy with how it turned out. I forgot to blink for the first two laps!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I dont get how Kimi couldn’t pull away early on - everyon has been banging on all week about how Ferrari are the best and Merc have been left twiddling with their bits. It certainly didn’t look that way yesterday.

That or Kimi ain’t that great...
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Ferrari chewed the tyres more than the merc, kimi came in a little earlier to try for an undercut which meant his tyres were further gone at the end as well as merc using bottas to slow kimi and let Hamilton close up the gap kimi had.

Plus Monza is one of the few tracks where it's actually easier to follow, let the car in front tow you along while you save charge, fuel, can be a little more gentle on power application out of the chicanes etc.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:13 am Ferrari chewed the tyres more than the merc, kimi came in a little earlier to try for an undercut which meant his tyres were further gone at the end as well as merc using bottas to slow kimi and let Hamilton close up the gap kimi had.

Plus Monza is one of the few tracks where it's actually easier to follow, let the car in front tow you along while you save charge, fuel, can be a little more gentle on power application out of the chicanes etc.
thats why I said earlier in the race. Vettel would have broken the DRS and kept a couple of second lead - Kimi just couldn’t get away.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I reckon they had the wick turned right up on the Mercedes, sensing being able to take a bunch of points off Vettel and wanting revenge for Silverstone. They did after all save the engine during the entirety of Spa.

Forcing Ferrari into an early pit stop was genius, Mercedes must have known that there’s no way Kimi could finish the race on such a flat out pace. I guess the Ferrari strategists took the bait but also thought that Hamilton would have to fall away a few seconds to protect his own tyres as his been the theme of the season.
How about not having a sig at all?
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Stoffel Vandoorne out, replaced by 18 year old Brit Lando Norris.
M235i
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Mercedes would have been watching Vettels tyres fitted at the end of lap 1 and probably guessed minis were going to behave similarly.

I wonder if Ferrari went a bit too aggressive with the setup to get the front row in the hope the two could work together to gap Lewis, which backfired with kimi left to fend for himself.
Cheers, Harry
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Alex_ wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:44 pm Stoffel Vandoorne out, replaced by 18 year old Brit Lando Norris.
Can't say I'm surprised by that, he was amazing in the lower formulas.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:53 am
every days a school day - I didn’t realise it was based on a complaint.
Can another team not raise it though? Merc could surely claim that they committed an infringement that gave them an advantage.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

:lol: