Cycling Thread

Carlos

Re: Cycling Thread

Post by Carlos »

Been watching the highlights and he is on a different plane!

I think G's plan to win is to consolidate 2nd and hope Pog crashes, gets injured or simply over does it which he has done in occasion lol
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 12:45 pm I think G's plan to win is to consolidate 2nd and hope Pog crashes, gets injured or simply over does it which he has done in occasion lol
I suspect that's the only strategy he has available at this point, but it's a risky one. If you're in 2nd on the Tour you'll keep finding yourself challenged by people who are challenging the lead, so he's going to have to be very disciplined and try to work out who's going for Pog and who's just going for him. Good luck to him though.
8Ball

Post by 8Ball »

I don't think anyone will be seriously going for Pog at the Giro, barring mishaps it's his to lose, the others are racing for 2nd place.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

There's some more tough stages coming too. I love how they made Stage 20 a hellish double climb up the same mount 😂

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Obviously a shortened stage but Pog smashed everyone and didn't break a sweat!
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Gavster wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:37 pm There's some more tough stages coming too. I love how they made Stage 20 a hellish double climb up the same mount 😂

Pog has just described this as "a really nice stage close to Slovenia" :lol: now expecting him to keep his head down for a couple of days before making moves on Saturday.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

So the question is whether Pog has taken some gear or whether he’s just utterly doped to the eyeballs 😂

Mind blowing performance by him today, the man is in a different league.