The Movie Thread

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Ascender »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm Anatomy of a Fall (Prime)

Very, very confusing. Watched it in two sittings as I fell asleep first time round although that's not the film's fault.

The lead is fantastic, carrying the whole film, and the plot leaves you guessing with no obvious outcome.

I do hope the portrayal of the functioning of the French justice system isn't true/correct though.

15/20 aspirin tablets.
I really enjoyed that movie, Sandra Hüller was amazing as the lead.

Was a bit disturbed about the dog "acting" after the visit to the vets though, that sure looked like a dog which had been sedated!
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ascender wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:51 am
DeskJockey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm Anatomy of a Fall (Prime)

Very, very confusing. Watched it in two sittings as I fell asleep first time round although that's not the film's fault.

The lead is fantastic, carrying the whole film, and the plot leaves you guessing with no obvious outcome.

I do hope the portrayal of the functioning of the French justice system isn't true/correct though.

15/20 aspirin tablets.
I really enjoyed that movie, Sandra Hüller was amazing as the lead.

Was a bit disturbed about the dog "acting" after the visit to the vets though, that sure looked like a dog which had been sedated!
That's a good point!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare - a slightly comedic take on a real life WWII special forces mission, so based on a true story. It’s directed by Guy Ritchie whose style suits this perfectly. It’s also got more than a hint of Tarantino about it and is a wonderful, fun romp (strange to say given the subject matter). Definitely feels similar in tone to some of the BBC series Rogue Heroes. As with that one, google the real life operation after you’ve watched it and marvel at the bravery of those involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Postmaster

8 twirly moustaches out of 10.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Been watching the Bourne movies again, the first three are still excellent. Not sure that I've seen the later ones so I'll be watching them over the next couple of days.
An absolute unit