Ps Ianf have you got a spare bedroom lol
GG.

Re: Anyone in londinium?

Post by GG. »

Same!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah but I feel like it was almost guaranteed. The Tory candidate useless once again, but even if they actually had a decent person the overall Tory dislike is so much it probably wouldn't have changed things. Perhaps time to buy a stab proof vest and mobility scooter.

Anyway GE next, get ready for Labour and Green coalition. RIP driving cars :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

As a non-Londoner, can you summarise for me why everyone seems to hate Khan? Apart from Ulez, obv.

The Tories are really down to their Z list now as anyone with competence has moved on. I think the dislike of Khan displaced votes across various parties as the blue candidate was such a non-starter.
Mito Man wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:44 pm Anyway GE next, get ready for Labour and Green coalition.
Didn't work so well for the SNP that one...
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I'm ashamed to say that my borough voted overwhelmingly in favour of Susan Hall. Luckily the rest of London isn't quite so insane.

Khan isn't perfect, but he's a damn sight better than the alternatives.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:53 pm I'm ashamed to say that my borough voted overwhelmingly in favour of Susan Hall. Luckily the rest of London isn't quite so insane.

Khan isn't perfect, but he's a damn sight better than the alternatives.
This.

Khan definitely would not be my choice, but Boris left him with a mess to sort out and my seven year old would do a better job of running London than the alternatives.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Reasons Khan has also been as good as useless -
Hammersmith bridge - been out of commission for years with mayor blaming local borough and vice versa - just fucking get on with it, there’s been gridlock traffic for years because it which seems to go against the pollution agenda.

Worsening public transport - buses and routes locally all been cut down, feels like more tube strikes than ever before.

Faux environmentalism - I wouldn’t mind ULEZ if the money actually went towards visible improvements in transport infrastructure but as it is it’s just an additional tax on the working Londoner - the polluting trades vehicles don’t give a shit either. Need a tradie in to do something? Expect to have ULEZ, congestion charge and the ridiculous parking charges just added to each customer they visit, so they make a nice bit of extra money too.
I’d actually prefer a full on ban like Glasgow at this point as it’s a piss take but that wouldn’t raise money.

LTNs, popped up and barricaded roads everywhere during covid and still the same. Traffic seems worse than ever to the point that taking the bus is useless now.

Crime - we’ve gone from some areas of London being a shithole in terms of crime to the entirety of London. Twats on scooters and e-bikes nicking things, can’t wear a nice watch out now without being stabbed. I guess it’s levelling up in some ways 😂

Until now Khan has had the excuse that he’s not being given enough funds due to the Tory led government. Well I’m sure that’ll change soon, so let’s see what happens then. My hopes aren’t high.

And shame on everyone else for having such shit candidates too.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just remembered another one - homelessness. Seems like they binned off most of the shelters and abandoned them. Those YouTubers who like to go to San Fran to film the Tenderloin district can soon enough come here at this rate.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What a load of whinge.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Remind me who the mayor was the last time there were riots and looting in London…
GG.

Post by GG. »

He’s a weapons grade cunt. There is really no justification on politics or record.

That said - any decent government with the majority the tories have should have reigned in his excesses on tfl overspend, LTNs and knife crime by taking back oversight on roads policing and budget, legislating to do so if necessary.

Obviously they’re a massive bunch of wets so nothing like that was ever on the cards.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

TFL workers hate him and TFL is basically the communist party without a uniform.

Dave!