Your fleet running reports

Carlos

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Carlos »

My E46 M3 was Imola Red inside and out 8-)

If i recall correctly you or your brother had an Imola Red 330 or possibly a touring at one point?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:00 pm My E46 M3 was Imola Red inside and out 8-)

If i recall correctly you or your brother had an Imola Red 330 or possibly a touring at one point?
yep, my e46 was black outside and red inside, his was red outside and black inside.

Imola was a lovely BMW colour.

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Well it's one for the (currently very short)list for FECPOTY 2024....
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Excellent choice of fun car.

While I’m still waiting for sensible respray prices to happen (very unlikely 😂) I fancy either an E46 M3, evo 5/6, Porsche Boxster to put the Audi engine in or Aston Martin Rapide.

RS6 removed from the list due to pain in the arse parts.

The list of forum cars people have is pretty extensive now!!!

Dave!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:29 am Excellent choice of fun car.

While I’m still waiting for sensible respray prices to happen (very unlikely 😂) I fancy either an E46 M3, evo 5/6, Porsche Boxster to put the Audi engine in or Aston Martin Rapide.

Dave!
what Audi engine?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 am

Dave!
what Audi engine?
1.8T from his TT I guess. Obvious list of transplant candidates, particularly the Rapide.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:29 am While I’m still waiting for sensible respray prices to happen (very unlikely 😂) I fancy either an E46 M3, evo 5/6, Porsche Boxster to put the Audi engine in or Aston Martin Rapide.
Rapide. Do that.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:27 pm My first i3 I bought during COVID as I needed a runaround and fancied a try in an EV. I really enjoyed it so ordered the s which upped the fun stakes.

They were bought to try something new and really worked for me so no regrets. My wife's Sportage will likely be replaced with an EV in the next 12 months so we don't have any issues with EV's. Even in the 3 years I've owned one the amount of fast reliable chargers has grown massively and with a 200+ mile range an EV Sportage replacement would be a better fit for 99.9% of our usage.
Have you got figures for the i3 yet? Saw someone on YouTube claiming an 8year old one with range extender was worth 12k, when reality looks less than half that, so would be interested to hear a real value at end of term
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

They’re under £6k now ? I’d be very tempted to try one.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Yes lol. I've had a trade bid of £18k, retail seems to be 21-22k. I have time so will try and sell it privately for £19,500.

It's under warranty, has a service pack for another 2 years, new rear tyres and a glass roof which was a £2k option and really nice to have. They seem to have a bit of a following so not worried about moving it on via trade if thats how it works out.

2016 is a funny year for them as there will be some 22kw cars with no DC charging which is the least desirable spec. They may well be £6k trade but a low mileage 33kw fast charging car could be as much as £14k retail.

Fabulous cars, I sometimes just open the doors to admire the engineering and carbon tub :D
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:49 am
Rich B wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 am

Dave!
what Audi engine?
1.8T from his TT I guess. Obvious list of transplant candidates, particularly the Rapide.
Yep the TT, there is a thread n Pistonheads where a guy may be building a kit. Broken engines Boxsters are pretty common and a nicely built 1.8T is only 3.5K. Should be a lot of fun with at least 250hp/ton in a Boxster.

The Rapide would be awesome, trying to buy another house at the mi Ute but if it doesn’t work out then a hissy fit purchase would be a good way to make lemonade from lemons.

Turns out though that when you were 20 you needed 40k to buy a 40k car, when you’re a parent you need 100K to buy a 40k car 😂

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Carlos wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:06 pm Yes lol. I've had a trade bid of £18k, retail seems to be 21-22k. I have time so will try and sell it privately for £19,500.

It's under warranty, has a service pack for another 2 years, new rear tyres and a glass roof which was a £2k option and really nice to have. They seem to have a bit of a following so not worried about moving it on via trade if thats how it works out.

2016 is a funny year for them as there will be some 22kw cars with no DC charging which is the least desirable spec. They may well be £6k trade but a low mileage 33kw fast charging car could be as much as £14k retail.

Fabulous cars, I sometimes just open the doors to admire the engineering and carbon tub :D
I think if the i3 and i8 had been released today they would have done far better, it still shows up a lot of similar but newer cars. I bet a lot of people are put off by the age now more than the ability.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

I've just done something that's fucking weird to me.

I've contacted a local BMW indy to service the car.

This whole 'being paid enough to live relatively comfortably' thing is weird.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

jamcg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 am Cayenne air suspension compressor seems to have died. Cheapie Chinese replacement is very affordable at just over £100 so I’ll get one ordered. I used similar quality cheapie air springs on the Touareg and they were totally fine so hopefully this will be too.
Thing with some cheap Chinese parts is they probably supply Porsche/vw with the bits anyway :lol:
No doubt. I have always wondered exactly what the deal was - are they from the same production line but the factory does a batch "out of hours" to sell on secondary markets ? Or are these the ones that didn't meet QC for the OEM customer and by rights should have been scrapped ? I dunno.

Anyway, it arrived promptly and I fitted it today. Easy job but then there was a lot of head scratching because it still didn't work. EVENTUALLY, after tracing & checking all the wiring, I determined that the fuse was blown :oops: Normal service resumed but it's noticeably more noisy that the original. It'll do though.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:37 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:49 am
Rich B wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 am what Audi engine?
Yep the TT, there is a thread n Pistonheads where a guy may be building a kit. Broken engines Boxsters are pretty common and a nicely built 1.8T is only 3.5K. Should be a lot of fun with at least 250hp/ton in a Boxster.
sounds like a lot of work and probably not even very cheap. Unless you have a nicely built 350bhp 1.8T waiting for a car already?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It will be GT3 fast and unlike the 996 market, which is 15k for some pretty ropey cars then the Boxsters are still affordable.

It’s a very cheap way to a genuine 300hp per ton with a little work and I want to tinker. 10K would have a pretty nice one built I think. Will have to see what the kits come out as price wise.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Has something happened to the TT for the engine to be available? Sorry if I missed it.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm It will be GT3 fast and unlike the 996 market, which is 15k for some pretty ropey cars then the Boxsters are still affordable.

It’s a very cheap way to a genuine 300hp per ton with a little work and I want to tinker. 10K would have a pretty nice one built I think. Will have to see what the kits come out as price wise.

Dave!
£10k and 300bhp/ton - I look forward to the build!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Is the 400bhp VAG the new LS ?

"just drop a 400bhp VAG in there"
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:08 pm Has something happened to the TT for the engine to be available? Sorry if I missed it.
My really, the engine is strong and mechanically its great but the paintwork really lets it down. A bad spray job in the pst and knocks and dings from 180,000 miles of use has made it look quite tatty.

I fancy a fun project and I’m really impressed by how well it fits in the engine bay of a Boxster.

This is the thread….

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/to ... &t=2015662

Looks like a lot of fun and would be the wife’s convertible.

Dave!