Tony Martin Pt2

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Tony Martin Pt2

Post by Matty »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-68942085

Farmer was not fucking around. And sounds like they found out. But suspected murder? They've arrested the injured for suspected burglary....so on that basis, he planned for them to burgle his house so he could kill them?

Be interesting to see how this plays out - not sure going full John Wick on them all will play out too well for his defence but he'll have the support of the public no doubt.
Beany

Re: Tony Martin Pt2

Post by Beany »

It'll likely depend on whether the buckshot is in the front of them or the back of them....
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ That, and also this "Another man, in his 20s, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary".
mik

Post by mik »

Beany wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 pm It'll likely depend on whether the buckshot is in the front of them or the back of them....
Which is really shit, as it could indeed mean that the fucker is running and the immediate threat has passed, but it could also mean that the fucker slipped or turned to grab a weapon or any other reason that might cause them momentarily to turn away, but the immediate threat has most definitely not passed.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

mik wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:21 pm
Beany wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:40 pm It'll likely depend on whether the buckshot is in the front of them or the back of them....
Which is really shit, as it could indeed mean that the fucker is running and the immediate threat has passed, but it could also mean that the fucker slipped or turned to grab a weapon or any other reason that might cause them momentarily to turn away, but the immediate threat has most definitely not passed.
Was also 01:20 and likely dark so maybe a case of pull the trigger and hope for the best.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

While I’m not going to go as far as to say all burglars should be shot, anyone breaking into someone else’s house is utter scum, and I hate the ‘good lad’ tributes that pop up surrounding things like this.

Not sure what aggravated burglary means, but assume it means with weapons or threats of violence?
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

10 Aggravated burglary.

(1) A person is guilty of aggravated burglary if he commits any burglary and at the time has with him any firearm or imitation firearm, any weapon of offence, or any explosive; and for this purpose—

(a) “firearm” includes an airgun or air pistol, and “imitation firearm” means anything which has the appearance of being a firearm, whether capable of being discharged or not; and

(b) “weapon of offence” means any article made or adapted for use for causing injury to or incapacitating a person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use; and

(c) “explosive” means any article manufactured for the purpose of producing a practical effect by explosion, or intended by the person having it with him for that purpose.

(2) A person guilty of aggravated burglary shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for life.
So carrying a 'not fucking about' weapon on your person when breaking in.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Don’t care.. if you invade my property, shotgun to the face/arse is the minimum you can expect..

ETA: drinks and phone number of my ex is the worst
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

IanF wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:20 am ETA: drinks and phone number of my ex is the worst
Jesus christ, steady on there. Don't make me tap the Geneva Convention.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Seems like there was an initial burglary reported the afternoon before, so they probably took something then went back for more, the guy was probably already amped up from the first one and thinking "I'm not letting this happen again".
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:28 pm
10 Aggravated burglary.

(b) “weapon of offence” means any article made or adapted for use for causing injury to or incapacitating a person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use; and
So carrying a 'not fucking about' weapon on your person when breaking in.
To be fair, a cucumber could qualify, depending on what you’re planning on doing with it.

At a push.

So to speak :lol:
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I guess it depends on how the authorities view his intention. Pissed off and wanting revenge for the earlier break-in or terrified that he’s got intruders and doesn’t know their intentions.

There could also be a back story…

Anyway, I don’t think you should break into someone’s house expecting an easy ride.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

240PP wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:22 am
There could also be a back story…
Farmers generally feel quite victimised by theft and break-ins. They often have large areas of relatively unsecured land under their business, which are operating on razor thin profit margins, with large pieces of expensive machinery laying around. Stealing anything from a farmer, from animals through equipment, can destroy their family's income for the year, and they're very prone to theft because farms are large rural spaces with low security.

If there's a back story, I'd be willing to bet that it's the farmer being absolutely fed up with people trying to nick their property, which has resulted in a particularly itchy trigger finger.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Good, fucked about and found out, I hope it hurt as he died.

It’s not a riled up fight at a pub, it’s invading someone’s home and doing it with multiple people.

Oh poor person was a good egg, no he was a shithead burglar.

I haven’t seen it mentioned if the farmer was alone or he had family there ?

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The tone of the whole piece is pretty odd, but I guess they're severely restricted on what info they can include at this stage.

I don't get why telling us the dead burglar played on a football team is relevant though.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I'd have thought just having a loaded shotgun pointing at them would be enough for the scrotes to scarper, but maybe the "aggravated" part meant the guy did feel in real danger. Or as @Gavster says, he was at the end of his tether or had other stresses too.

Or is it just a natural extension of the current entitlement which sees people brazenly shoplifting and thinking they can basically do what they want?

Surely they must have realised that going into a farm rather than their local Tescos has the added chance that there might be guns on the premises...
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:36 am The tone of the whole piece is pretty odd, but I guess they're severely restricted on what info they can include at this stage.

I don't get why telling us the dead burglar played on a football team is relevant though.
Because it's crucial that we know how many "promising footballers" are lost each year to crime.

Just to be clear, 3 have been arrested for aggravated burglary now from what I've read. So 4 tooled up against 1 in total. I hope to God they were facing the right way and the chap doesn't get jail time.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:50 am I'd have thought just having a loaded shotgun pointing at them would be enough for the scrotes to scarper, but maybe the "aggravated" part meant the guy did feel in real danger. Or as @Gavster says, he was at the end of his tether or had other stresses too.

Or is it just a natural extension of the current entitlement which sees people brazenly shoplifting and thinking they can basically do what they want?

Surely they must have realised that going into a farm rather than their local Tescos has the added chance that there might be guns on the premises...
Aggravated means they went armed and AIUI tends to mean with firearms.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Given the lack of firearms charges noted against them, I seriously doubt it - firearms offences are an easy win for the CPS given how restrictive ownership/use is here.

This was rural Derbyshire, not a needle-strewn estate in east London.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Based on decades old experience admittedly but you’re more likely to see a sawn off shotgun in a random country scumbag’s house than your average urban young team member’s.

I’m generally not for shooting people but if you go into someone’s house unannounced, then you get what you get.
An absolute unit