Decent car YouTubes

integrale_evo

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by integrale_evo »

To be fair, modern cars don’t go quicker because they keep making the engine restrictors smaller, probably as a result of that and the flying cars of the late 90s.

The v12 engine bmw put in their X5 lm made more power in that than in the lmp car it came out of.
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Still a cool story and video though 😁
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

BBC iPlayer - Repair Shop

One of the guys from the Lotus forum is on for renovation of a special version of the amphibious toy Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me. (There is one the same for sale on eBay at the moment for £15k). Won’t share any spoilers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001yt40
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
Thanks for posting, it isn't a programme I usually watch so I would have missed it.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:09 pm BBC iPlayer - Repair Shop

One of the guys from the Lotus forum is on for renovation of a special version of the amphibious toy Esprit from The Spy Who Loved Me. (There is one the same for sale on eBay at the moment for £15k). Won’t share any spoilers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001yt40
His fathers lived a life!
mik

Post by mik »

jamcg wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:37 am
His fathers lived a life!
Indeed! I didn’t want to spoil anything, but 😎
Barry

Post by Barry »

I know its a milkfloat but this thing is impressive

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’ll forgive you for the EV video Barry, but isn’t that the gimp who thinks he’s faster than Lewis Hamilton but keeps crashing other people’s cars? So I won’t watch his content.
mik

Post by mik »

Impressive indeed. I was delighted to see that the first thing he did was turn off that cringefestival "N-Shift" bullshit. :)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jobbo wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:08 pm I’ll forgive you for the EV video Barry, but isn’t that the gimp who thinks he’s faster than Lewis Hamilton but keeps crashing other people’s cars? So I won’t watch his content.
I did qualify the post to be fair :lol:

And yes, Billy big bollox does have a high opinion of himself, and on this video he nearly piles into a slowed procession..

The Ioniq he's chasing is actually more entertaining IMO.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That guy seems to be on every Ring video these days. Does he just stand at the barrier and take handfuls of cash off the Tubers to rag their cars around?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Misha. He’s like the modern day Sabine. Has his own garage at the Ring and does hot laps all day.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Barry wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:08 pm And yes, Billy big bollox does have a high opinion of himself
but is it a higher self opinion than Lewis' or Max'?

It was interesting seeing the effect the different settings between the two cars made, and they weren't that different, many adjustments left to try. It looked and sounded like fun there but it's shirley too big to enjoy anywhere near as much on most roads.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:42 pm Misha. He’s like the modern day Sabine. Has his own garage at the Ring and does hot laps all day.
How much did Sabine crash?
Barry

Post by Barry »

nuttinnew wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:18 pm
Barry wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:08 pm And yes, Billy big bollox does have a high opinion of himself
but is it a higher self opinion than Lewis' or Max'?

It was interesting seeing the effect the different settings between the two cars made, and they weren't that different, many adjustments left to try. It looked and sounded like fun there but it's shirley too big to enjoy anywhere near as much on most roads.
Its all relative innit, he's likely a better driver than we are, but we're not prancing about racing private cars on public trackdays for the clicks are we.

Anyway, I shared it cos of the car as you rightly spotted. I'm a little put off by the weight of these things too, sure you can engineer brakes and suspension to "cope" but its still two tonnes innit. Mine handles tidily too but as soon as you press on you're acutely aware of the weight of it. The Civic feels like a go kart by comparison.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I find the fact this Misha guy doesn't wear a helmet a lot of the time for convoluted reasons utterly mad. However his laps in old Civics are extremely entertaining :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:09 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:42 pm Misha. He’s like the modern day Sabine. Has his own garage at the Ring and does hot laps all day.
Maybe if every single lap of hers was recorded and uploaded on YouTube we would know.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:23 pm
Jobbo wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:09 pm
Maybe if every single lap of hers was recorded and uploaded on YouTube we would know.
You'd think with all those hot laps under his belt he'd be better at not crashing cars. Sometimes, not even his own.