Post by mik »

Jeeezus :shock:

Peaks at >214 mph on the main straight

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Matty »

:shock: :shock:

What's the reason for being strapped to the dashboard?
mik

Post by mik »

Netting.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That sounds horrific.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:34 pm That sounds horrific.
Well yes. But it also looks like someone keeps hitting fast-forward on the video. :shock:
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:09 pm
Amazing interior.
mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:34 pm That sounds horrific.
Well yes. But it also looks like someone keeps hitting fast-forward on the video. :shock:
Partial explanation

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I'm ok with the noise but if they want to add a sound my suggestion is the mill you posted, linked to motor speed.
Aside from showing they don't high speed testing, I don't know what point they're making :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Love the Volvo, never seen a better sleeper tbh, but the MX5 is also 8-)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Barry

Post by Barry »

I remember these mad machines back in the day, and being awestruck at the numbers. :lol:

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Barry wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:51 pm I remember these mad machines back in the day, and being awestruck at the numbers. :lol:

Same! I remember fawning over a double page picture of one from a car mag. I was part of the Out Run generation and this was Out Run on steroids, simply epic machine.
mik

Post by mik »

Just a short. But a predictable short.

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The first comment, owner of the Senna asking for the clip to not be posted - looks like he’s dressed in Porsche Carrera Cup overalls? So not your average clueless YouTuber?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Apparently it's the soon to be utterly fucking uninsurable, and probable bankruptcy court personality Edmond "Mondi" Barseghian, who last year fucked up an EV Hummer after not even getting 20 miles in it, by driving on camera clearly distracted, and 'not seeing' a five foot dip in the dirt service road he was tanking along.

For those without twitter (and who can't be arsed looking for workarounds - click for a more revealing pic)

I mean, that might be fake, but you know, it probably isn't. The guy doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Google his name, it’s real 😂
And bribing everyone to not show the clip.
And he seems to have crashed every car he’s ever had.
And “racing driver”
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah there, strong - and no offence intended Sales - "Daddys money" vibes here.

Apparently he has lots of fracking land rights money, which definitely weren't paid for by his father, probably in an attempt to get the grating, aggravating cunt out of the house.

Again, not you Sales :lol:
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

He seems to spend his life doing donuts or taking huge risks on public roads, like driving one-handed while hoofing around in an F40

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

As crazy racing stories go, this is one of THE best, especially as it has the footage to prove how crazy it is. An engine malfunction that accidentally made this Nissan so fast its speed record still hasn't been beaten to this day, almost 25 years later!

The Nissan R90CK was 800bhp and 900kg 3.5ltr twin turbo V8 Group C race car, and for the 1990 LeMans 24hr Nissan built a special qualifying engine that could make more, around 1000 horsepower, but things went a bit 'wrong', making even MORE power, taking pole position by a huge margain, and somehow doing so without blowing up!

The driver was Mark Blundell, and the car was a bit unprepared- It wasn't on qualifying tyres, and there was various small engine issues causing them to abort most of practice.
When it came to qualifying the pit crew radio'd to Mark and told him to abort while still on the warmup lap as it was still overboosting as the wastegates were staying shut for some reason, and in frustration he turned the radio off and ignored them, and then went for it!

As the video shows, the car is WILD, making somewhere between 1100-1300bhp depending who you believe, as nobody truly knows, it was spinning the wheels in 4th, and oversteering at every oppertunity, and as you can see Mark handles it amazingly- This is a manual transmission car, no powersteering, no ABS, no traction control, no driver aids at all.

Despire being on hard race tyres rather than the soft qualifiers the rest were on, he was 6seconds faster than any other car, and have since said he reckons with qualifying tyres he could've went another 3sec faster.

The speed he hit down the Mulsanne Straight (inc the 2 chicanes, not the earlier layout…) was a ridiculous 226.9mph, a speed never beaten to this day, despite the massive improvments in technology of the top LM cars since then.

He also said, despite the smiles when Nissan realised they got pole position, he got seriously told off by the bosses for ignoring them and risking blowing up the engine!

This video is the in-car footage of that insane lap, from start to finish.

Enjoy.

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…