Teh Spotted Thread

DeskJockey

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by DeskJockey »

It is a very small area to begin with, you can walk from one end to the other in minutes. They've not decided on further expansion yet, that I can see, though it is in the plans.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Forgot to mention - I saw a red S3 Esprit (non-Turbo as far as I could tell in my mirrors) driving round the Stourbridge ring road on Wednesday evening. Nice to see it being driven.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am It is a very small area to begin with, you can walk from one end to the other in minutes. They've not decided on further expansion yet, that I can see, though it is in the plans.
Would I be right in assuming they have adequate affordable public transport to facilitate this? Not like anywhere in the uk :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Yes. And there are exceptions for disabled badge holders and some others.
---
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m surprised that EVs in the city seem to be much like London, mainly taxis, Uber, and maybe about 10% among private users. I thought it would be more like 90% being 8 months away from the deadline. Even a large proportion of taxis are new ice Volvos and they have no grace period either.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What are the incentives for EVs? If it is like in Norway that's surprising. But, the area in scope (for now) it is easily avoided.
---
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

No incentives for electric cars. Light duty commercial get a few grand subsidised.
Annual road tax is similar to the old UK system in terms of tax banded into CO2 emissions groups but EVs still have a basic tax rate.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 am What are the incentives for EVs? If it is like in Norway that's surprising. But, the area in scope (for now) it is easily avoided.
A few years ago a low spec 520D was more expensive than a top of the range Model S. Plus ferry travel was free, no payment into cities, free parking etc.

This nearly wrecked the ferry companies who down crewed as they couldn’t make any money.

The incentives were massive.

Dave!
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

E36 -
IMG_2851.jpeg
IMG_2851.jpeg (153.85 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Also the Jaconeli F1 drove by me near the Gloucester Rd on Thursday and sounded great (I was in my car on a teams call, so couldn’t take a photo) on the way to Salon Prive I assume, where I was meant to be but got caught up with client meetings.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Jobbo spec Vitara: Image
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I just got rid of the wheels I was going to put on mine - they had been sat in the garage a while because I bought the Jimny 4 years ago. Still like them. Would not go for the 2.4 due to engine block cracks.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimexpl wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 pm E36 -
IMG_2851.jpeg
:o 8-)

A tv spot - I know it doesn't count but in before S&S - a Sierra 2.3 Ghia on the Alan Carr semibiositcom Changing Ends.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Forgot to mention some of the cars we saw on the recent trip to France:

Renault Vel Satis, Peugeot 607, part of The Cannon Run field (RRS SVR, M4 comp, A45 AMG, 488, McLaren something), and (unconnected with the run) a well used Lambo Gallardo. Faves were a pair of Citroen Traction Avants tooling around Sacre Coeur.

Also saw my first Emira, it looked awesome in blue.
---
mik

Post by mik »

Since we don't have a dead Ferrari thread, I'll just stick this here.

Whilst it's absolutely possible they could have been useless (and the outcome might support that supposition), being 24 doesn't automatically mean you don't have the ability to drive an F40. :roll:

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Tub looks alright. These supercars usually get binned in tunnels don't they, I guess they just put the foot down to hear the engine and go sideways into a the wall.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Ferrari Pure Blood on the A456 near Halesowen. Not nearly as interesting a shape on the road as it looked in photos; it is a fussy, slightly too long SUV which visually offers little or nothing over a Urus, Eletre or Cupra Formentor to my eyes. Shame; it looked really interesting in Harry M's video walk round. It looks far more like a lifted FF than I expected in the flesh. The one I saw was green, so at least something not typically Ferrari.

I would have liked to look for longer but I didn't follow him when he headed off at about 70 in a 40 limit.
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:40 pm Ferrari Pure Blood on the A456 near Halesowen. Not nearly as interesting a shape on the road as it looked in photos; it is a fussy, slightly too long SUV which visually offers little or nothing over a Urus, Eletre or Cupra Formentor to my eyes.
Interesting. I've previously mentioned a Rosa that I've spotted whilst driving a couple of times, but I found it parked up at the weekend and had a closer look. It still looked heavy, and a bit soft. Like someone had melted the final concept a little just before it was presented, but it was still approved. :?

296/SF90/812 all look great, but the other current offerings..... pretty meh.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Jimexpl wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 pm E36 -
IMG_2851.jpeg

Also the Jaconeli F1 drove by me near the Gloucester Rd on Thursday and sounded great (I was in my car on a teams call, so couldn’t take a photo) on the way to Salon Prive I assume, where I was meant to be but got caught up with client meetings.
I went on Friday, was a fun, low key day but nothing auctioned caught my attention and was surprised Ferrari weren’t there this year. Even worse, Boodles caught my gf’s attention more..
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

Watch this....