Your fleet running reports

jamcg

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by jamcg »

Something specific to mirrors and glass, some glues will dissolve their way through the mirror finish
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

This has just landed in my BMW app. With figures like those I can only imagine there's a big prize of some sort on its way to me.

Cheers,

Mike.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I imagine that the 'room to improve' is meant differently to how Im reading it :lol:

Ascender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 am
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:22 pm I imagine that the 'room to improve' is meant differently to how Im reading it :lol:
Exactly what I thought - 93% is good but 99% would be better still :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It makes no sense. Congratulates you that you’ve driven your car more than 90% of others and berates you at the same time for the CO2. The fuckwits surely realise that one leads to the other.
I wouldn’t want my data being tracked like that either and randomly shared out like that.
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Yeah, I'm sure I can have a word with Mrs Mike to get her to up her game to reach that 100% mark.

Data is anonymised which is good and from what I've read isn't sold or shared outwith BMW, but I'd be amazed if there's any way to opt out of this stuff these days given the software in cars and integration with smartphone apps etc.

Depending on manufacture date, some BMW owners have had a stealth update to their iDrives which now has the mandatory warnings if you're driving over the speed-limit. You can disable them... but they come back on whenever you restart the car.
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Disappointed you hadn't done 7175mi when it sent your "review" through.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Ascender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 pm Yeah, I'm sure I can have a word with Mrs Mike to get her to up her game to reach that 100% mark.

Data is anonymised which is good and from what I've read isn't sold or shared outwith BMW, but I'd be amazed if there's any way to opt out of this stuff these days given the software in cars and integration with smartphone apps etc.

Depending on manufacture date, some BMW owners have had a stealth update to their iDrives which now has the mandatory warnings if you're driving over the speed-limit. You can disable them... but they come back on whenever you restart the car.
opting out involves creating a chicken wire faraday cage to encase the car so it can't communicated with the network ever, that or finding the antenna and disconnecting it.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

My BMW is back within 48 hours of throwing an error, which Im quite happy about. BMW Oldbury are very different compared to Worcester.

A coolant seal had failed leading to leaking onto one of the injectors, a bank of 4 has been replaced and the seal fixed, amongst other things. The car defiantly feels faster and revs differently now, Im not sure if this problem has been present for a long time but when driving hard there was a slight hesitation around 2500/3000 rpm which I thought was part of owning a lazy v8 but that is now gone.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Boxster passed its MOT with a couple advisories for the tyres (they're cracking slightly as they're old). Will get a full set next week - surprisingly Kwik Fit were cheapest for Continental Sport Contacts (£750 all in). Got Strasse to do an oil change, although it doesn't need a service until next year, regular oil changes are always a good idea.

This weekend, I'll be doing the pads on the Volvo and I'll probably bang the set of front pads I've got on the Boxster. I'll give the Boxster a good wash and polish too as it's a bit grubby.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Some american chums on discord were doing cold starts, so I decided to contribute.

Angy little thing

You'll probably see from the amount of traffic - going past pretty fucking close - is why putting the E46 on a jack or axle stands was not something I particularly enjoyed doing, and going under it was a complete no-no...
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Steve (CRV) got some new thingys (trim/seal things) as the seals were split.

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Just passed 10k in the Kuga, averaged 81.7 MPG overall since I've had it, no creaks, rattles or issues, it's been a superb car, I'd certainly recommend one as a family car.

Massive boot, loads of space in the car, great seats, stereo, and it even manages to be quite fun to drive.

If I ordered again I might go for the Vignale over the ST Line so It had a bit softer suspension, but I preferred the looks and seats of the ST.

It's due an oil change in 1100 miles apparently according to the app, so will have to get that sorted shortly, it's only seven months old so it seems a bit early, but it must have it's reasons!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

16vCento wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm Just passed 10k in the Kuga, averaged 81.7 MPG overall since I've had it, no creaks, rattles or issues, it's been a superb car, I'd certainly recommend one as a family car.

Massive boot, loads of space in the car, great seats, stereo, and it even manages to be quite fun to drive.

If I ordered again I might go for the Vignale over the ST Line so It had a bit softer suspension, but I preferred the looks and seats of the ST.

It's due an oil change in 1100 miles apparently according to the app, so will have to get that sorted shortly, it's only seven months old so it seems a bit early, but it must have it's reasons!
I didn’t actually know what one of these was, but a quick google later and that mpg is even more impressive! Probably qualifies as the most efficient driver on here.. if only we knew someone, possibly bored on a Sunday, that loves running polls then we could find out the truth!. 🤔
Cheers,

Ian
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Haha, it's very good on fuel, my wife uses it more than me and her commute is 8 miles each way on very hilly roads and she can get 2 days on just electric without needing to charge it, if I don't use it for work it would never use any fuel!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

16vCento wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:16 am Haha, it's very good on fuel, my wife uses it more than me and her commute is 8 miles each way on very hilly roads and she can get 2 days on just electric without needing to charge it, if I don't use it for work it would never use any fuel!
is it a PHEV?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

A Montego TD can do 100mpg, not turning the engine on doesn’t count.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

16vCento wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:10 pm Just passed 10k in the Kuga, averaged 81.7 MPG overall since I've had it, no creaks, rattles or issues, it's been a superb car, I'd certainly recommend one as a family car.

I should.hope there are no squeaks and rattles in a 7mo old car with just 10k on it ;)
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Rich B wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:29 am
16vCento wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:16 am Haha, it's very good on fuel, my wife uses it more than me and her commute is 8 miles each way on very hilly roads and she can get 2 days on just electric without needing to charge it, if I don't use it for work it would never use any fuel!
is it a PHEV?
Yep 2.5 PHEV.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:56 pm

I should.hope there are no squeaks and rattles in a 7mo old car with just 10k on it ;)
It's a Ford though!

I wasn't sure what to expect build quality wise, but it's been a lot better than the Cupras and 330Es which were the other two I were considering, people at work are having a lot more issues with them, and the Cupras especially are a lot worse on fuel in like for like use.

I did think about the Sportage GT line S which was AWD and a bit more powerful than the Kuga but the seats weren't great and it looks a bit odd, was a nice car to drive though surprisingly.