Mountain Biking general thread

John

Re: Mountain Biking general thread

Post by John »

As it is now lighter in the evenings I've started riding to work a couple of days a week again. I've hardly used a bike over winter so fitness is down and waistline is up :( I'm hoping to rectify both but advancing years certainly slow gains down.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

John wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:22 pm As it is now lighter in the evenings I've started riding to work a couple of days a week again. I've hardly used a bike over winter so fitness is down and waistline is up :( I'm hoping to rectify both but advancing years certainly slow gains down.
The worst thing after a layoff for me is always the ass pain after the first few rides, no matter the saddle you always have to harden your ass up. After my building work (couldn't get the bikes out) and medical layoff I haven't been on a bike since last June. After doing the way.of the roses again a year ago this week its a bit of a let down. Anyway hopefully another couple of weeks and I'll be healed enough to ride again and maybe the weather will turn nice.
John

Post by John »

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. I don't have much natural padding but it did stop after the first week.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Just get yourself an e-bike, sorted!

I've been running in the borders much more this year and have been surprised by just how many e-mtbs I've seen on the more "casual" trails and areas. I wonder what percentage of all sold are now e-bikes.
Cheers,

Mike.
John

Post by John »

Mine is an ebike but it’s only low assistance, a bit like having the wind behind you on a climb :)