Your fleet running reports

nuttinnew

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:16 pm Image

Then, amazingly, another rare unicorn item appeared! An Alpine G-320 digital sound processor / equaliser / spectrum analyser. The only ones which come up for sale are usually in the US or Mexico, not cheap to start with and adding import duty / vat makes them absurd.

Perfectly period late 90s accessory to match the year correct alpine head unit I already use. Only bodged in to check it works, no sound because I need an amp for the front speakers.

It works through alpines ai-net system so quite a few of it’s settings can be changed through the head unit

Imo the armrest needs plain red sides to match the seats, haven't yet decided how (I think) the handbrake needs to be done :)

I think a G-320 is what a friend had in his mk1 Golf, mounted in the sunvisor, with a cassette & 'changer first and a Shuttle later. Istr the Shuttle was more prone to skipping and failing to read discs but it was a while back...a lovely bit of kit to have 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Handbrake will be done when I manage to get the handle off without damaging it :lol:

Would love some of the plain cloth, I swapped the seat cushions side to side to even out the wear and really don’t want to hole the bolsters.
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:02 pm
scotta wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:50 am
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:16 pm
Then, amazingly, another rare unicorn item appeared! An Alpine G-320 digital sound processor / equaliser / spectrum analyser. The only ones which come up for sale are usually in the US or Mexico, not cheap to start with and adding import duty / vat makes them absurd.

Perfectly period late 90s accessory to match the year correct alpine head unit I already use. Only bodged in to check it works, no sound because I need an amp for the front speakers.
@integrale_evo I have a period correct alpine V12 4 channel amp in my garage that would go perfectly with that...Still in its original box. I Bought it in 1999 I think.
I am very interested if you still have it and assuming you’ll part with it for some beer / petrol tokens 😄
Suggestion - Ill dig it out of the storage box its in over the weekend and package it up. You Arrange a courier to come for it. If it still works once it arrives (It did when it went in the box 15 years ago) then you can send me some tokens? That work?

Hit me in the DM's and ill share contacts.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Front shocks done. Looks like they’re Spax springs not H&R but no matter. It’s the B8 shocks I was wanting.

IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg (203.25 KiB) Viewed 610 times

Then this happened.

IMG_0581.jpeg
IMG_0581.jpeg (185.31 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Hailstorm.

I’m having a coffee and hiding for a bit :D
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:58 pm Front shocks done. Looks like they’re Spax springs not H&R but no matter. It’s the B8 shocks I was wanting.

IMG_0576.jpeg

Then this happened.

IMG_0581.jpeg

Hailstorm.

I’m having a coffee and hiding for a bit :D
This is a route a lot of TVRs take too, mine included was moved from gaz golds to Tuscan s spec bilsteins from a chap called Ben. They seem to be a go to if you don't or rarely track your car. I can't comment on the change as they were done prior to me getting it (less than 500 miles old when I got it) but they seem to work well on our roads and didn't trouble my inflamed appendix on the drive back from worthing early this morning while still allowing me to hustle.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Yeah, I like Bilsteins. The Porsche OEM shocks are Bilstein and I was perfectly happy with them but at 20 years old & over 110k miles they had started weeping a bit and I thought Gaz would be a nice upgrade. Meh. Live & learn.

I’ve got Bilsteins on The Compact and they’ve taken some proper abuse off road no problem at all. Good kit.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

What Bilsteins have you got on the Compact? A2 derv needs new dampers and I'm thinking of B4s.

Oh, you bought the wrong charger the other day; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226053599952 ... XEW2W7B0V4
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:24 pm What Bilsteins have you got on the Compact? A2 derv needs new dampers and I'm thinking of B4s.
Err... either B6 or B8. Yellow ones. They were on the donor 318ti when I bought it.

nuttinnew wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:24 pm Oh, you bought the wrong charger the other day; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226053599952
Pfft. That's for paupers. Ferrari know how to charge properly:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176285714206
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That orange leather case looks like something you'd find for £5k in Hermes. Bargain.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

That orange leather case looks like something you'd find for £5 in Home Bargains.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Complimentary shipping :D
What would you want a case for anyway, the charger will be connected all year (except maybe for an mot) so you might as well get https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395206813949 ... 5T1CVNPCAR

Had hail here at 4.30. It didn't last long but coated the lawn like snow and built up on the front of the car.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Bentley time today. And another chance to mention the QuickJack. It’s not long enough to fit the car normally, lengthways, so I’ve put it across. Seems slightly sketchy as it drags the tyres sideways briefly as it lifts :? but I’ve seen a few discussions of X5 owners doing the same so it’s not unheard of. Feels perfectly solid.

Oil & filters going on (and in) after lunch. And I’m swapping back to the old wheels for a bit. There’s been a bit of a vibration while driving on the motorway and it seems to be getting worse. Check the easy stuff first. Next possible culprit is the propshaft centre bearing - other VWs like the Cayenne are notorious for it - but on this one it’s well hidden behind a heatshield behind the exhaust and not easy to get at.

IMG_0635.jpeg
IMG_0635.jpeg (112.37 KiB) Viewed 463 times
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

X5 passed the mot on Friday with no advisories. Thankfully the couple of evenings out in the dark paid off! Its mot history is pretty decent compared to several I checked online when looking for one.

However, first event I’m supposed to be taking the compact to is only 4 weeks away so hoping for a run if not awful weather so I can get out in it 😬
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

So I’ve been hunting for a front end rattle for ages since doing the front subframe bushes on the ML.

As I couldn’t find a thing wrong I just replaced the arb drop links and what do you know, the rattle is gone. The old ones are still showing zero play and are nearly as stiff as the new ones.

Ho hum, an easy fix at least, 15 mi utes from start to finish.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:40 pm Blah blah blah

Arrived. Easy to use, and really fast.

Completely deflated the road bike tyres for a laugh (it has a valve convertor on it) and 0-100 psi took about 8 seconds. 8-)

Happy so far.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I have treated the m550 to ac schnitzer suspension, I was impressed with the same upgrade on the z4 and initial impressions are positive. There is a national speed limit lane locally with a bumpy poor surface, that really shows up cars if you are doing more than 45, it’s a good yard stick and the car definitely rides better here.

It’s only a subtle change in looks that most wouldn’t spot, but somehow the ride isn’t worse and if anything slightly more smooth which really suits the car. I’ve been back to spires in Warwick for alignment, not done enough miles yet to notice a huge difference, but the steering does feel slightly more chatty around the centre.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Tamiya lunchbox update.

Asked for one for Christmas because my mum never knows what to get me. Have wanted one for years as a mate had one when I was a child and it looked hilarious.

Christmas Day afternoon was spent building

Had to go original box art

Today was the first time it’s been dry enough to take outside for a proper run. It’s awesome fun. It’s so rubbish it’s great. I’m glad I resisted the temptation (other than ballracing it) to magpie loads of upgrades. It’s just right as it is.

Fast enough to pop wheelies, and feel pretty mad on a bumpy loose surface. The standard motor and basic non-damped springs seem a great match, playing with the weight transfer, watching the front wheels dangle in the air with positive camber.

Managed not to roll it too. Pretty sure the light weight modern radio gear makes it less top heavy than the 4x bigger receiver, extra servo for the mechanical speed control and 4 AA battery pack to power the servos did back in the day.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

With the excitement of maybe having the Porsche nice to drive again I figured I should insure & tax it and properly try it out. It’s been off the road for over two years.

I had some trepidation due to all the stories of insurance going through the roof recently, but adding it to the admiral policy alongside the 360 until renewal at the end of July is…. £56.72 :lol:

IMG_0646.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Beany

Post by Beany »

.....bastard!