4%
10. Cosmetic surgery
No votes

Total votes: 27

scotta

Re: Euromillions immediate purchase

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:05 pm
duncs500 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:38 pm I wouldn't bother with an outdoor swimming pool here, let alone Ireland!
I don't much like an indoor pool - the atmosphere gets rather humid and there's a lot of pleasure to be had from being in an outdoor pool on a sunny day. You're definitely not going to use it all year round, but I think I'd quickly resent the amount of space an indoor pool takes up in my house.
Wasted garage space IMO :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Dalkey and Killiney are lovely suburbs of Dublin. Easy access to Dublin on the Dart, Killiney Beach is lovely for swimming (despite being shingle), 10 miles from the Mountains etc. loads of schools, pubs, restaurants etc

Millionaire’s playground - Bono lives there, so does Eddie Jordan and Eddie Jordan. Salman Rushdie hid out there during the Fatwah
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’d personally prefer to have an orangery type structure, which houses a pool, hot tub, cold plunge and gym
Similar to the above, but more ornate, and I’d want the option for everything to open at the touch of a button.

As it’s all imaginary I want the most awesome outdoor kitchen in the world beside it too. Can I have one of those bars in the pool too. Maybe with a Tesla robot just serving me any cocktail I want non stop.
How about not having a sig at all?
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

I'd pay the good folks at Gipimotor a little visit for sure: https://www.gipimotor.com/racing/sale.html

First on the trailer would be this one:

Cunt.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:38 pm I wouldn't bother with an outdoor swimming pool here, let alone Ireland!
I don't much like an indoor pool - the atmosphere gets rather humid and there's a lot of pleasure to be had from being in an outdoor pool on a sunny day. You're definitely not going to use it all year round, but I think I'd quickly resent the amount of space an indoor pool takes up in my house.
Pools are a lot like women. A lot of effort for the amount of time you actually spend in them.
Simon

Post by Simon »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:59 pm Dalkey and Killiney are lovely suburbs of Dublin. Easy access to Dublin on the Dart, Killiney Beach is lovely for swimming (despite being shingle), 10 miles from the Mountains etc. loads of schools, pubs, restaurants etc

Millionaire’s playground - Bono lives there, so does Eddie Jordan and Eddie Jordan. Salman Rushdie hid out there during the Fatwah
Both Eddie Jordans eh? That's twice the chance of bumping into one of them down the high street.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol: - I meant Eddie Irvine…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

Eddie Jordan's are like buses...,.,,.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm I’d personally prefer to have an orangery type structure, which houses a pool, hot tub, cold plunge and gym
Similar to the above, but more ornate, and I’d want the option for everything to open at the touch of a button.

As it’s all imaginary I want the most awesome outdoor kitchen in the world beside it too. Can I have one of those bars in the pool too. Maybe with a Tesla robot just serving me any cocktail I want non stop.
Yep, I'm on board with all of this, although probably I'd replace the robot with proper staff.

All these suggestions are going to be most helpful when I win.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Wife has been going on about an outdoor kitchen for ages. All my in-laws have one. My cousin-in-law has the one the width of her plot, and between it and the main house is a huge open pool. They do _all_ of their eating out there, but then again 'Brazil', so different climate.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Patrick is correct.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:12 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:18 pm I’d personally prefer to have an orangery type structure, which houses a pool, hot tub, cold plunge and gym

Yep, I'm on board with all of this, although probably I'd replace the robot with proper staff.

All these suggestions are going to be most helpful when I win.
Same. One shouldn't have one's covered pool within the main residence.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I would love my own private pool, but it’d need to be a minimum 25m long so I could actually do some distance in it, like this place

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:37 pm
Pools are a lot like women. A lot of effort for the amount of time you actually spend in them.
Swiss RichB :lol: I agree - the amount I was in our (cheap pop-up) pool last summer, I could have easily gone to the local lido most days for less money. The effort of checking chlorine levels etc wasn't too bad though; it was more the cost of heating it. Solar panels should mitigate that a lot because there's not much other demand when you want the heating on in the summer.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I guess the same thing applies to hot tubs, my mate has got one and it was a great place to sit with a drink in the winter after a few beers out, I instantly wanted one.

I just think it would end up being one of those things that you spend £££k getting a nice set up for, more £££ heating, just for that one or two days a year where you really fancy it. It would be amazing at those times, but is it worth the money?

I guess you could say the same about lots of things in life. Not so much of an issue if you hit the euro millions though.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I think you have to be the sort of person who actually wants to use a sex pond every day. I know a few people who do literally use their hot tub every single day, regardless of weather.

But if you're just sticking it on the patio in the hope you'll use it each weeekend, chances are it'll end up mouldy and expensive.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

That's why I like the pop-up pool - when I get bored in a few years I can take it to the tip and it's as if it was never there.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:55 am I know a few people who do literally use their hot tub every single day, regardless of weather.
It's not really relevant that that doesn't appeal to me - I am genuinely confused by the logistics. Are they retired? Or do they relax in the hot tub of an evening rather than sitting in their living room? :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

A question for those who wouldn't move; what would you do about that neighbour?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ha, I’ve thought about this too much because our woodlands has a village 3 miles away which has a prick living in it who is pretty similar to Gavsters neighbour in terms of having far too much time on their hands and being a nuisance.
Current record is calling the police whenever someone is cutting a tree down, one time he called the police on the forestry commission.
Calling the firefighters whenever someone has a bbq in the woods because there’s a forest fire.
Calling the environment agency when put gravel down to renovate a road and saying it is “dumping of highways waste”
Objecting every planning application within 15 miles of the village (he has a specific Facebook group for this with similar nutters from across the country in it).
Writing letters multiple pages long to Michael Gove about how the law should be changed to stop planning permission and building in the countryside and then putting a copy of it on the Facebook group.
Anyway, he’s also very vocal about migration problem on the main village Facebook page and the dilution of British culture. The usual.

So my solution would be to buy up the houses around him and rent them out to immigrants for a very cheap rate.
There’s actually loads of orchards here who hire in people from overseas and house them in shitty caravans, I’d let them use these homes. Hopefully that’ll make him fuck off.
How about not having a sig at all?