The House Projects Thread

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Re: The House Projects Thread

Post by IanF »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:26 pm Did you make it back from Slough ok, Ian?
Yes thank you 🥰
Cheers,

Ian
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Managed to get in to see that house which popped up for sale. 500 mile round trip with some fun twisty bits at the end of it, came back, put an offer in and its been accepted.

They have some summer bookings in July, so will aim to settle at the end of that month and will start moving stuff up to the folk's croft to empty this place and get it ready for sale. Need to get an architect lined up and work out what to do with the outbuilding, but the people who own it now have spent some money on it so roof and interior are good. It's a croft house from about 1800, so the sort of place I spent a lot of my childhood in. I guess we've gone full circle.

Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Ascender wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:10 am Managed to get in to see that house which popped up for sale. 500 mile round trip with some fun twisty bits at the end of it, came back, put an offer in and its been accepted.

They have some summer bookings in July, so will aim to settle at the end of that month and will start moving stuff up to the folk's croft to empty this place and get it ready for sale. Need to get an architect lined up and work out what to do with the outbuilding, but the people who own it now have spent some money on it so roof and interior are good. It's a croft house from about 1800, so the sort of place I spent a lot of my childhood in. I guess we've gone full circle.

Oooh congratulations! Sounds amazing - love it when things fall into place like that 8-)
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Congratulations! Best of luck with the move
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

Whoosh - all change! :shock:

Good luck with it 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:10 am Managed to get in to see that house which popped up for sale. 500 mile round trip with some fun twisty bits at the end of it, came back, put an offer in and its been accepted.

Ooh, well done - does that mean that you've also decided not to embark on a project and instead buy something which is already mostly done and livable?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Well that is how a house purchase is supposed to be.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oooh, fast. So whereabouts is that then (broadly, obviously)?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:07 am

Ooh, well done - does that mean that you've also decided not to embark on a project and instead buy something which is already mostly done and livable?
Yes, for the time being. Building estimates and electricity supply costs were spiralling, so this will be a chance to move, consolidate and see if we carry on with self build or not.

If I can get the barn converted the way I think it will work, we may just stay there and frees up money for things like traveling rather than paying for a house.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Beany wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 am Oooh, fast. So whereabouts is that then (broadly, obviously)?
The bustling village of Helmsdale. Which ironically now has three coffee shops thanks to the NC500 I guess.

Its up high on a hill looking out to the sea which was a major selling point...
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Fuckin' Helmsdale! Nicely out of the way, that, but close enough to inversneckie to allow visits to actual civilisation, at least as much as Inverness can offer :D
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Beany wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:21 pm Fuckin' Helmsdale! Nicely out of the way, that, but close enough to inversneckie to allow visits to actual civilisation, at least as much as Inverness can offer :D
I was waiting for your reaction :lol:

Yeah, we can still easily get on a train or plane from up there to Inverness or more likely Edinburgh and further afield.
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, it's certainly not as much as a stretch as Thurso...where it takes nearly as long to get from there to Inverness Airport than it does to go from Inverness to Luton on the plane, including check in and check out.

I wish I was joking :lol:
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Helmsdale: Jesus that’s far north! You have to travel south to Inverness! 😂
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

IanF wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:33 pm Helmsdale: Jesus that’s far north! You have to travel south to Inverness! 😂
Helmsdale is southern shandy drinking land to me, compared to where I grew up (Wick/Thurso)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Right down the road from Dounreay .. explains a hell of a lot..,🤔😂
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's where my superpower of being correct comes from.

Might also explain my rapidly receded hairline from a young age, too :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Imagined you'd be much harder if you're from that for North :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 pm Imagined you'd be much harder if you're from that for North :lol:
Who says I'm not hard?

Now excuse me while I go collect that darling spider off my wall and gently put him into next doors garden.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Beany wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:31 pm It's where my superpower of being correct comes from.

Might also explain my rapidly receded hairline from a young age, too :lol:
:lol:

It’s quite an eye opener when you stop at a lovely beach but there’s a warning not to go any further as there are Radioactive particles on the sand 😳
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…