Your fleet running reports

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Re: Up GTi door seal leak.

Post by Matty »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am As feared our door seal leak has been fixed using the expensive method, and we pick up an orange new/pre-registered Abarth 595 Turismo on Friday. We got £9300 trade-in which I suppose is good for a 5 and a half year old car that cost about £16k new.
Sad times, but still a reasonable price....didn't you buy before the price hike though? So it's not even that much deprivation.

How are you finding the Abarth in comparison?
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:50 pm
PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am we pick up an orange new/pre-registered Abarth 595 Turismo on Friday.
How are you finding the Abarth?
404 - Marty McFly errorz :?

This is kind of the 2024 version of replacing a car 'cos the ashtrays are full. Hope she enjoys it 8-)
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am As feared our door seal leak has been fixed using the expensive method, and we pick up an orange new/pre-registered Abarth 595 Turismo on Friday. We got £9300 trade-in which I suppose is good for a 5 and a half year old car that cost about £16k new.
Sad times, but still a reasonable price....didn't you buy before the price hike though? So it's not even that much deprivation.

How are you finding the Abarth in comparison?
We haven't Got the Abarth yet, but she's had three in a row before the UP, so she'll love it I'm sure. ( so will I if the truth be known. :oops: ).

I seem to remember thinking the Up was a bit of a bargain at the time.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:32 pm
PaulJ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am we pick up an orange new/pre-registered Abarth 595 Turismo on Friday.
How are you finding the Abarth?
404 - Marty McFly errorz :?

This is kind of the 2024 version of replacing a car 'cos the ashtrays are full. Hope she enjoys it 8-)
You've just made me think Mik. I don't recall if the Up even has an astray!
integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

A lot of modern cars don’t, and the old cigarette lighter socket is more often a 12v power supply socket which can’t take the power draw an actual lighter requires.
Cheers, Harry
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Found a screw in the mito tyre, that explains why it was losing pressure. Thankfully a good couple of inches in from the sidewall.

Popped the tyre off, stuck a plug patch in, seems to be holding pressure fine. Job done.
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:33 pm A lot of modern cars don’t, and the old cigarette lighter socket is more often a 12v power supply socket which can’t take the power draw an actual lighter requires.
I think these days (for a good while, actually) if you want an actual ashtray you have to specify a smokers pack, otherwise you get an extra cubby where the ashtray used to be, and a plastic cover for the 12v socket.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Civic update.

Having dragged the poor old Civic back into daily use, I managed two weeks before it complained. CEL popped up on the way home tonight. Nothing obvious from the drive-abiity side but it didn't go out on a restart <shrug> . Rang around and local diagnostic places are booked till April?!

It's about the mileage where camchain might start complaining, and its not had a decent service in years (oil aside) so hardly surprising, but still annoying timing.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Buy a £15 obd2 reader from Amazon. Even if it doesn’t give you a full description it will give you a code you can google. Sod waiting a month then having to pay someone to do it
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Barry wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:58 pm Rang around and local diagnostic places are booked till April?!
Cheap now to buy an OBD tool that will read & clear.

Better imho to buy a WiFi/Bluetooth dongle plus the Car Scanner app - also cheap cheap.

Edit - this kinda thang
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

^^^^^ wot they said
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yup, that. I need to get one for the M135i as my old ELM327 1.5 adapter doesn't seem to like talking to the F20 like it did the E46. Although it might just be the dongle is fucked :lol:

I might as well get one of the fancier MHD/Carly/Bimmercode ones that'll do the ENET or whatever it is the F20 needs (I've not looked into it properly yet) so that if I do want to look into coding something in - say, electrically adjusted memory seats so I can get the auto-mirror dip functionality, or if I'm feeling more bonkers, the front facing camera to read speed signs :lol: I can do it.

The old MSCAN adapter I had on the mondeo could infer individual cylinder temps and tell me the fuel pressure readings etc in real time, read the ABS module and other 'body control' type modules, so if it saves you *one* £80 diag visit (two months from now etc) because, say, the electric windows won't work one day, then it's paid for itself already, effectively.
Barry

Post by Barry »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:00 pm Buy a £15 obd2 reader from Amazon. Even if it doesn’t give you a full description it will give you a code you can google. Sod waiting a month then having to pay someone to do it
edit - the suggestion from above worked - its thrown a code for the cat. Cleared it for now. Annoyingly the cat isn't that old/high miles but it was a cheap effort for an MOT a few years back.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Honda

============1==============
P0420
Raw code: 0420
ECU: 10
Catalytic converter system, bank 1 - efficiency below threshold
Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

============2==============
P0420
Last edited by Barry on Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Post by mik »

Barry wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:12 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:00 pm Buy a £15 obd2 reader from Amazon. Even if it doesn’t give you a full description it will give you a code you can google. Sod waiting a month then having to pay someone to do it
I have an old obd, all the apps get terrible reviews and most want a few quid. Anyone recommend an app that might actually work?
See above “Car Scanner”

I asked a question a few months back as I couldn’t see how to increase the font size - creator replied in about 3 minutes.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Thanks Mik, that worked just fine after a couple of attempts to pair with the old reader, thanks all.

Now I need to find a half decent sports cat/back box :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Barry wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:12 pm
edit - the suggestion from above worked - its thrown a code for the cat. Cleared it for now. Annoyingly the cat isn't that old/high miles but it was a cheap effort for an MOT a few years back.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
DTC report
Selected brand: Honda

============1==============
P0420

============2==============
P0420
Dogs can't use OBD port devices to find faulty exhausts, catscan though.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

If you haven’t already, take it for a Damon good thrashing and get it properly hot, might just be throwing a hissy from little use
Cheers, Harry
Barry

Post by Barry »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:55 pm If you haven’t already, take it for a Damon good thrashing and get it properly hot, might just be throwing a hissy from little use
LIterally my first thought once I sat down again, I'll risk taking it to work tmrw. It didn't start bucking like it did when the lambda failed last time, so at least its usable for now.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I don’t know how a Damon good thrashing is any different to a damn good thrashing but I’m sure it’s worth a try 😄
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Making a passenger sick?