Your fleet running reports

duncs500

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by duncs500 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:34 pm
duncs500 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:06 pm We should do an ov9 day!
Were helmets required ? If not I could possibly be persuaded to bring the Ferrari.

Last time I went to North Weald was with Coaster :cry:

IMG_3968.jpeg
:( Yeah, the only time I went previously was with him too. He was in his 'teg.

No, don't need a helmet.

I think the format of a 2/4 car day was braking exercise, steering exercise, high speed bend, then timed sprint circuit.

With the 12 car day it's less focused on tuition and more on a bit of competition/improvement. It was just high speed turn where they used a speed gun and were telling you each time how fast you turned in with the idea of beating your best, then a sort of circuit pursuit where each car goes in a different direction and you are trying to make up ground on the other car (didn't do that last time), then the full higher speed circuit (different longer layout to the one I did last time) where it's about the times.

The format was a bit more fun this time IMO, but I guess if you've never done it before you lose out on learning some of the techniques.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I did a 4 car Carlimits day about 20 years ago - is it still branded Carlimits? It pissed down all day and my Elise roof leaked through the fabric. It was also very slippery. Walshy showed me that I am less talented than him; with no ABS I have no idea how he did the stopping while cornering in what was effectively a lake that day. He’s excellent.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Carlimits went bust a few years back - I think Walshy has setup on his own now?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yeah, it's AW Driver Training now.

I was actually booked on a day when they went under, but I feel for Andy, sounds like there was a lot going on. I think one of the instructors he worked with ripped off his idea and set up their own, and he had cancer. He mentioned it to me on the way back round with me, said it was a shame about CL going under but he's mainly happy he's still alive.

On these fun days he's really advertising that you can bring along your teenaged kids and let them have a go as well.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Should be selling the E46 this weekend

Been full of flu all week

Boot trim parts etc still blown all over my living room, tools all over car etc.

Tomorrow is going to be busy. :?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:09 am Yeah, it's AW Driver Training now.

I was actually booked on a day when they went under, but I feel for Andy, sounds like there was a lot going on. I think one of the instructors he worked with ripped off his idea and set up their own, and he had cancer. He mentioned it to me on the way back round with me, said it was a shame about CL going under but he's mainly happy he's still alive.

On these fun days he's really advertising that you can bring along your teenaged kids and let them have a go as well.
keep looking at these to explore the Chimaera in a safe environment. There is also Drivelimits as well (a guy from work did one in 2022). Would be interested in going if a day is arranged. Will have to fit the old seats (or try and lower the current ones) if a lid is required.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

drcarlos wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:35 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:09 am Yeah, it's AW Driver Training now.

keep looking at these to explore the Chimaera in a safe environment. There is also Drivelimits as well (a guy from work did one in 2022). Would be interested in going if a day is arranged. Will have to fit the old seats (or try and lower the current ones) if a lid is required.
No lid required. I think drivelimits is the guy that used to work for Andy. I'd recommend sticking with Andy personally.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I just had a look at the pricing, £250 each on a 4-person day, or £125 each for 12-person, the 4-person sounds like much better value if you're looking for some tuition. And apart from @Beany who really is making shitloads in IT now, we could all do with more tuition.

So it sounds like we could probably fill an OV9 4-person day ? For me it would need to be a weekend though.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:45 am I just had a look at the pricing, £250 each on a 4-person day, or £125 each for 12-person, the 4-person sounds like much better value if you're looking for some tuition. And apart from @Beany who really is making shitloads in IT now, we could all do with more tuition.

So it sounds like we could probably fill an OV9 4-person day ? For me it would need to be a weekend though.
The 4 person seemed to be the thing to me too as even if you don't want or need tuition having less people just means you get more time to practice, less cars on track and go ASBO trying things out. My weekends are manic (easier for me to book a day off work and do a weekday), but I'll keep an eye on what's happening.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:45 am So it sounds like we could probably fill an OV9 4-person day ? For me it would need to be a weekend though.
At one time, I could extract every last drop out of a car, but my talent has been overtaken by the vehicle along time ago.

I would be interested in a weekend, if there is a few spot.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

My partner Alison's Up GTi, (five and a half years old, owned from new and never bent or abused) has started to leak rain water in around the door seal onto the drivers seat. Bit disappointing for a VW. Anyone else had a similar problem?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Fords and Jags seem common for it. Not the end of the world having a new seal fitted.

I assume it's biodegradable rubbers/glue breaking down quicker than the old stuff.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:18 pm My partner Alison's Up GTi, (five and a half years old, owned from new and never bent or abused) has started to leak rain water in around the door seal onto the drivers seat. Bit disappointing for a VW. Anyone else had a similar problem?
Forgot you had one! Mines also 5yrs old, but no leaks here. Some of my leakiest cars (Elise's aside) have been VW, funnily enough.

That's not very common - blocked drain hole near the scuttle is usually the reason it gets in the cabin. All I can find is this:
https://www.upownersclub.co.uk/threads/ ... eat.14134/
Beany

Post by Beany »

Toot - and spilled socket set :lol: - cleared out of car. Just need to put the back of the car back together tomorrow and it's good to go.

Was kinda sad, then I drove it from one parking spot to another and found the clutch was annoying, the gearshift not up to much (never thought much of it till it gets hot) and it's creaky and feels heavy. Definitely more spacious inside but hey ho, I can work around that by losing some fucking weight :lol:

Hopefully the next guy has more time/space for it. I don't.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

MINI - firey death incoming.

21750645-8a7b-4d9e-9c48-fe4d0232921a.jpeg
21750645-8a7b-4d9e-9c48-fe4d0232921a.jpeg (332.81 KiB) Viewed 257 times

It’s the wife’s car so there was no chance of arranging to to happen at 10mph while the ambient temperate was 10°.

Although that would have been easier than 99999 miles, 99mph & 99° :shock:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Could have revved it to 10,000 rpm though. I know there’s no 10 mark. Make your own. Amateur
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:08 am MINI - firey death incoming.

21750645-8a7b-4d9e-9c48-fe4d0232921a.jpeg

It’s the wife’s car so there was no chance of arranging to to happen at 10mph while the ambient temperate was 10°.

Although that would have been easier than 99999 miles, 99mph & 99° :shock:
:D Can you get 10mph at 1000rpm? 10degC is a stretch today possibly though! Would have been totally worth it though.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Thanks for the info regarding Up leaks. She may have found another (more expensive) way around the problem - we're going to look at a new Abarth tomorrow. Will see you posted...
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

duncs500 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:11 am Can you get 10mph at 1000rpm?
Second gear is probably close to that, or with a bit of skill I'm sure you could coast @ 10mph with the clutch down while holding the revs @ 1000rpm. Damm. That's a real missed opportunity there.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

New radiator and expansion tank fitted on the x5, relatively straight forward, just a bit fiddly in places.

Took the chance while I had decent access to change the AC belt and tensioner which I’ve had sat around for about a year.

Couldn’t see any cracks, just a little corrosion poking through where the metal edges crimp over the plastic end tanks. Probably enough to compromise the seal and let it drip under pressure.

Plenty of crap wedged in it, it sits behind the aircon condenser and transmission and engine oil coolers with no way to clean it without removing it.

Cheers, Harry