Collecting cars

Jay-me

Collecting cars

Post by Jay-me »

Anyone else listen to it?
5 millionaires talking about cars but not one of them can afford a decent mic….
DaveE

Re: Collecting cars

Post by DaveE »

Or camera....

I've been watching it on YouTube for a long while or now and do enjoy it

It's completely pretentious though (in a good way)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I listen to it in the car and quite enjoy it. Only recently found out that Neil Clifford is CEO of Kurt Geiger.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Yes, enjoyable but the sound is very poor isn’t it! Listening to it after Smith and Sniff makes it especially obvious and shows how it can be done much better
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

They just do it over Zoom or Teams don’t they? Manish often seems to cut out; it’s a crap way to record but it’s still worth listening to.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yeah, love it, listen to it in the car too. Neil Clifford is definitely the best part of it though, legend.
scotta

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:24 pm Yes, enjoyable but the sound is very poor isn’t it! Listening to it after Smith and Sniff makes it especially obvious and shows how it can be done much better
I’m going to their live recording on Weds night. Really looking forward to it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:39 pm They just do it over Zoom or Teams don’t they? Manish often seems to cut out; it’s a crap way to record but it’s still worth listening to.
Other, more competent podcasts, have local audio recorders running at the same time - then someone syncs the footage so it doesn't sound like absolute garbage.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

scotta wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:40 pm
IanF wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:24 pm Yes, enjoyable but the sound is very poor isn’t it! Listening to it after Smith and Sniff makes it especially obvious and shows how it can be done much better
:D 8-)
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Smith and Sniff has terrible sound quality this week, but they recorded in person instead of their usual setup.

I listen to Collecting Cars occasionally but preferred it when it was just Chris interviewing guests. The Neil Clifford guy sounds exactly like one of my colleagues which is quite disconcerting.

The Intercooler has kind of fallen out of my podcast rotation but I like it when I do listen to it.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I really enjoy the CC podcast, can’t believe it’s been going for a year already. Quality isn’t great, Harris was sat in his car last week but it’s not so bad that it can’t be listened to.
dan

Post by dan »

It'd never occurred to me that the quality wasn't that great, I was just enjoying listening to another free bit of entertainment.

You lot know how to suck the fun out of everything :D
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Dan is correct.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I did enjoy Harris’s dig the other week about the difference between a car collector and a car enthusiast. Paging Chris Evan’s. 😂
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

scotta wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:03 am I did enjoy Harris’s dig the other week about the difference between a car collector and a car enthusiast. Paging Chris Evan’s. 😂
I dealt with CE in my classic car days before he got upset with my boss and remember being disappointed when I took a genuine right hand drive AC 289 Cobra on sale or return from him. He had zero interest of passion for the car and hadn't driven it further than the end of his driveway, and had bought it just to have one in his collection for a while and then try and turn a profit on it.

The guy my colleague sold it on to loved the car and drove it a lot, even though he was a worth many multiples of CE and had some serious cars in his fleet.
I sold him two other cars which he sent other people test drive rather than doing it himself. They went in the collection for a while before being sold on through other dealers.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:26 amDan is correct.
As far as I can see, only the OP moaned about it...everyone else has been positive :lol:

I haven't seen/listened to any of the collecting cars podcasts, so maybe I should have a moan about them?

I did watch the latest Intercooler podcast with James May, which was good.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Jay-me

Post by Jay-me »

Marv wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:20 pm
Jobbo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:26 amDan is correct.
As far as I can see, only the OP moaned about it...everyone else has been positive :lol:

I haven't seen/listened to any of the collecting cars podcasts, so maybe I should have a moan about them?

I did watch the latest Intercooler podcast with James May, which was good.
Definitely wasn’t moaning, I really enjoy it and is entertaining but trying to listen can be difficult especially when it cuts out altogether
scotta

Post by scotta »

I can confirm that Smith and Sniff was actually brilliant last night.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

scotta wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:22 am
I can confirm that Smith and Sniff was actually brilliant last night.
Envious of you, S&S is my favourite podcast. Annoyed they only started the live recording after I'd left the UK. I try not to take it personally. :lol: :oops:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Clive had a letter read out and answered on this week’s Autocar podcast. Which, along with Smith & Sniff, is my unmissable listen each week.