Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

Ordered a radiator yesterday only for my favourite eBay car parts retailer to be included in the discount code which came out today.

Have ordered a new expansion tank and cap as they’re known weak points and are of unknown vintage - probably 19 years and many heat cycles old like the radiator and it makes sense to change them while the system is drained and getting fresh coolant.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:13 pm Ordered a radiator yesterday only for my favourite eBay car parts retailer to be included in the discount code which came out today.
Snap !! I ordered from them yesterday as well. Filters for two of the cars. Those codes are often end of month, but not always.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

jamcg wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm As my wife is struggling more and more with mobility, getting in and out of a tiny little twingo was becoming more difficult by the day. Also living with such a small vehicle as your only car was not always without issue. So to that end it’s been replaced, but as it’s a “white goods” purchase it’s in no way shape or form fit for a new thread

IMG_0874.jpeg

It’s a Ford Focus Active, meaning it gets a load of pretend off-roading bits superglued onto it, but it also has higher suspension than standard, which makes it easier for the mrs. to get in and out of it, without going for a bigger suv.

As it’s possibly the most boring car on the forum this will probably be the first and last update on it :lol:
For white goods they are generally a decent steer compared to the competition.

In other news, not a such Superb update. Found a rather large screw and inserted into my tyre driving home yesterday; apparently too close to the wall to repair on a near new boot. £90 for a mid-range fitted, I now have a mis-match on the rear :shock:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

jamcg wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm As my wife is struggling more and more with mobility, getting in and out of a tiny little twingo was becoming more difficult by the day. Also living with such a small vehicle as your only car was not always without issue. So to that end it’s been replaced, but as it’s a “white goods” purchase it’s in no way shape or form fit for a new thread

IMG_0874.jpeg

It’s a Ford Focus Active, meaning it gets a load of pretend off-roading bits superglued onto it, but it also has higher suspension than standard, which makes it easier for the mrs. to get in and out of it, without going for a bigger suv.

As it’s possibly the most boring car on the forum this will probably be the first and last update on it :lol:
That’s pretty interesting for white goods - what engine does it have?
mik

Post by mik »

Speaking of white goods - I pulled the tumble dryer apart last night as something was a squeakin'. :?

I initially thought it might be the tension pulley for the drive belt again, but non. Removed the belt, pulled the drum out, and checked the 4 rollers that the drum sits on. Two towards the rear span just peachy, one at the front was a little sticky, and the other one at the front was crunchy as a muthahubbard. Luckily it looks like I got to them in time - the bearings on the rears were dryer than a badger's tadger, so some liberal application of spray-can white lithium grease (WD40 of course @Carlos ;) ) and they were spinning freely and silently again. Despite this I swapped front and rear as it appears the front two run hotter than the rears. 8-)

More exciting laundry news coming up right here, on ov9. :geek:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:20 pm

IMG_0874.jpeg

That’s pretty interesting for white goods - what engine does it have?
1l petrol turbo 125hp. Not fast by any standards but brisk enough for town traffic. It’s actually pretty fun to hustle along
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s not that dodgy wetbelt grenade is it?
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Had the pleasure(?) of driving up to Bury to see a customer last Thursday. 245 ish miles each way. Managed 47mpg at a steady cruise of 70mpg. Left home with a full tank and 490 miles later it was still showing 142 miles left on the display. Decent for a 2ltr turbot.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:34 pm It’s not that dodgy wetbelt grenade is it?
Nope, this one has chain driven cams. With the fords if the turbo is at the front then it’s an ecoboom
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:45 pm Speaking of white goods - I pulled the tumble dryer apart last night as something was a squeakin'. :?
I can't believe you've just insinuated that @jamcg 's wife new car is as exciting as your broken tumble dryer. That's pretty low, Mik.

And anyway, what is this? Your Home Appliance Running Reports?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Matty wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:42 pm
mik wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:45 pm Speaking of white goods - I pulled the tumble dryer apart last night as something was a squeakin'. :?
I can't believe you've just insinuated that @jamcg 's wife new car is as exciting as your broken tumble dryer. That's pretty low, Mik.

If it’s a Bosch series 5 then it probably is more exciting according to forum protocols. Also please don’t give him ideas for more threads. He’ll probably have to have a poll on the name of it. Not sure how “I prefer an argument” is related to mrs miks washing machine though
mik

Post by mik »

Correction. It is no longer broken.
mik

Post by mik »

jamcg wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:47 am
I can't believe you've just blah de blah blah
If it’s a Bosch series 5 then blah blah blah de blah.
It’s not a Bosch of any flavour. Which is almost certainly where it all started to go wrong. :cry:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:35 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:36 pm Porsche extracted from the garage too having not moved since the last MOT. Off for a new one on Tuesday.
Car crime! :(

Yeah, I know, but <excuses>

Having driven it 3.2 miles to the MOT place & back today, I'm thinking it's possibly TOO EXTREME as a road car for an old person like me now. It has GAZ coilovers & solid top mounts - not just stiff (yeah I could probably back them off, but I'm pretty sure they're only on a middling setting anyway) but also pretty noisy too. Time to go back to std suspension maybe. I quite possibly said the same thing last year. FML.

(it passed, btw)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Not driving = sell.

And… buy something else?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:24 am Not driving = sell.

And… buy something else?
That I also won't drive 8-) I'm a nightmare with cars. Good job I have an understanding wife.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:30 am

And… buy something else?
That I also won't drive 8-) I'm a nightmare with cars. Good job I have an understanding wife.
Have you thought about some kind of business case where you buy mildly borked vehicles, enjoy the process of fixing them, drive them a bit, then sell them on? Feels like you should be able to make it work.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

And… buy something else?

I assume the Vantage fits your personal Fleet Sports Car needs so well, that the 911's Germanly Charms aren't sufficient to tempt you from it when you need a Fleet Sports Car fix....

So yeah - fiddle with suspension bits until it feels more appealing, or replace it with something completely different for when you need a Fleet X Car fix that the rest of your (not insubstantial) fleet doesn't offer.

I shall make the first proposal - that you should replace it with something a bit a-kerazee-bonkerz like a Caterham (SV of course to suit your frame - I reckon a man like yourself would be prepared to pay the extra to get a 620 8-) ), or an Atom? Or that mental looking LS3 powered Caterfield-copy I mentioned recently? :ugeek:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:38 pm

And… buy something else?

I assume the Vantage fits your personal Fleet Sports Car needs so well,
how many miles has the Vantage done since you got the 360 Steve? 😀

Great problems to have, I'm very jealous!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Had the task of selling my dad's car as hes had a stroke and wont be driving again.

Not needing the hassle I decided to use Carwow. Fairly seamless, got an offer of what I wanted without the general public getting up my nose.
Accepted offer.
Car was a 2015 model eu6 1.0 ecoboost focus with 45k on it which is a Londoners dream so south garage made a bid and sent a guy to fetch it.

That's where the easy bit ended for a minute. Bloke inspected it for 30 mins and took it for a test drive with my mother (I was dealing with this on the phone). He rang back after an hour to say he'd found an oil leak and a dodgy door seal so would get back to me with a counter offer? Next phone call was me telling him to pay the agreed price or fuck off back to London with his low loader without the car. Surprisingly enough they paid.

So my review of Carwow - ok but be prepared for to tell the winning bidder to swivel.