V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Re: EV Thread

Post by 16vCento »

Cheers Mik :)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like my mum is cancelling the Fisker order, the car has an overly sensitive driver assistance program which was promised to be fixed in the major 2.0 update - looking at the new Carwow review which has the update it is no different and there’s nothing else in the pipeline to improve it so it’s a bit of a no go.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So in light of the lack of popularity of EVs many manufacturers are doing U turns and now delaying going fully electric
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/114 ... ic-by-2030
But then I believe we have some silly sliding scale in this country so 20% of cars sold this year must be EV and it’s gradually increased year by year. So I’m really curious how that will all work.
Or will we end up in a situation in say 5 years where if you want to buy a 911 or BMW M5 you have to buy a Macan EV or i4 as well to meet the quota?
Barry

Post by Barry »

I'm not sure how the fleet emissions calculations are made, but I suspect it'll just mean the manufacturers just reduce what they offer to the EU in order to balance the books (as the fines are hefty IIRC).

Yamaha just announced they're not taking the flagship sports bike (R1/R1M) into next Euro emissions spec, effectively killing it off in EU markets from next year-ish.

I've just handed my EV back last week, and still pondering my options - I'm hoping the fleet emission stress forces some last minute deals through soon, failing that I might "have" to buy an ICE vehicle instead.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Why not buy an EV outright? Plenty of Zoes for a reasonable price secondhand.

The 19-plate onwards facelift is probably best avoided due to the Euro NCAP debacle over the missing side airbags. I'd go for a Q90 (rapid charging) in dynamic nav spec. The Signature isn't worth paying the premium for.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Barry

Post by Barry »

That's one option I'm looking at yeah, although 2/3 yo Niro are what I'd be looking at tbh. They're already down to about £18k which is about what 3yr lease would cost anyway.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Barry wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:04 pm
I've just handed my EV back last week, and still pondering my options - I'm hoping the fleet emission stress forces some last minute deals through soon, failing that I might "have" to buy an ICE vehicle instead.
How about a Honda eNy1 £16,000 dealer deposit contribution and then £179 pm PCP?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:38 am
Barry wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:04 pm
How about a Honda eNy1 £16,000 dealer deposit contribution and then £179 pm PCP?
£16k dealer deposit? Wow - overpriced much!! anyone? No?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The reviews were poor and the car has to be registered by the 31st March so possibly a quarterly dealer bonus on the line.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Although it looks like its been a tough quarter for car sales full stop, M2/3/4 now available with £12k+ dealer deposit.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Carlos wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:49 am The reviews were poor and the car has to be registered by the 31st March so possibly a quarterly dealer bonus on the line.
Poor reviews put me off tbh, I'm not coughing up near £10 over 2yrs for anything average. That's cheap though :shock:
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Honda E's have started to come down to 15k and less now if you can live with the range.

They're fun to drive but the digital mirrors are a bit crap IMO.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

New Renault 5
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/electr ... iled/48237
Bit disappointed with this, not sure it will feel sufficiently hot hatch like. Less power and more weight than a i3 and it has massive fat tyres so it's not exactly going to be breaking traction.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I'm just relieved to see sensible profile tyres for a fucking change. 55, not 35, might make it less bone-smashing on typical inner city roads. I mean, I won't be buying one, but maybe others will take not if it gets good reviews on the ride side and we can get shot of rubber bands on small cars for nowt other than visuals.

Jonny Smith had a sniff aboot it, too.

Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Surely it's just a Honda E? A cool looking little E hatch that not many will buy?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:32 am Surely it's just a Honda E? A cool looking little E hatch that not many will buy?
That's pretty much exactly how I see it too. Though the Honda's range is sufficiently poor that it might have really hampered sales.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I think the irony is, a small EV for commuting actually makes most sense to me. Certainly more than a big heavy SUV that you can't use easily for long family journeys.

But that's the problem - no one wants to pay big money to buy a small car to save money commuting.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It isn't always just about saving money!

In an urban environment you have lack of noise, emissions, road space and ease of parking. In the case of the i3 you can get 4 adults in comfortably in a car that is sub 4m.

That's before CG realises they are genuinely fun to drive.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I would still really like a Honda E - for driving into town, parking at the station or whatever. Keep it plugged in when at home so it's always ready to go.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:52 pm I would still really like a Honda E - for driving into town, parking at the station or whatever. Keep it plugged in when at home so it's always ready to go.
Same. And an i3. And probably one of these or A210 when they come along :lol: