Your fleet running reports

GG.

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by GG. »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:47 pm Have you tried him in it without the booster or seat at all ?

The TT doesn’t need a booster seat in the back as it puts him too close to the tailgate glass. So with no booster and even though he is only 131cm Connor has a pretty perfect seatbelt height and sits securely. Maxwell was the same but a little younger.

I think a back with no base would move about too much.

Dave!
Yes that’s my worry without the base - the back is likely to move around I would think.

As some oik nicked my phone I’ve actually lost the photos of the accident in the 997 but essentially a car t boned me as I spun round - right where my wife and son would be sitting on the passenger side.

Don’t think I ever posted the pics on here but I ended up with three wheels attached, pretty much every panel smashed and a healthy amount of whiplash on the drivers side. Let’s just say it makes me think long and hard about having an 8 year old in the back with effectively no head restraint…
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

So go and buy an XC90 and a cycle helmet for them.

The smile on my kids face when they go in the Defender (ok ok, must fit those brake lines) is worth the risk.
The TT they love as it’s so low and makes some whoosh noises, plus it has a noisy exhaust which excites their inner chav.
The 500e they love the noise, the sunroof and the fact they sit on the other side.

We can make up a million different scenarios but if the kids get some fun out of a car, have at it. Life is short and have fun where you can. I would be surprised that you opening up your 911 on a long curved slip road wouldn’t emit a smile and some fun memories.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Some 300 miles done today going down to a work event. A pretty chill 75mph the whole way down on cruise control listening to some long podcasts on android auto. Apart from the last thirty miles of point and squirt stuff on b-roads, which it was plenty good for.

It's no limo, bit I'm thinking my opinion of it being a small GT car (rather than a proper hardcore sports car etc) isn't far off the mark.

Based on my occasional glances at the instant readout for mpg I'm gonna guess about 35mpg brim to brim.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

It's not my fleet so not strictly OT, but I wanted to share it. A story of "How the Other Half Live". Facebook post by NCG friend of NCG friend.
Her previous car was a Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 diesel, which could really shift...
I looked it up. 130bhp and 0-62 in 11.6 seconds.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

All about the frame of reference.

My BiL drove our old Mazda6 (2.2d, 163bhp when new) and commented that it was quite quick compared to what he was used to (MK1 Honda Jazz 1.4 at the time).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

All the diesel torks. Even something like the scenic driven in a dull non-car person way will feel brisk compared to a similarly sized petrol engine car driven with the same non car person style with 4000rpm self imposed rev limiter.
Cheers, Harry
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:19 pm It's not my fleet so not strictly OT, but I wanted to share it. A story of "How the Other Half Live". Facebook post by NCG friend of NCG friend.
Her previous car was a Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 diesel, which could really shift...
I looked it up. 130bhp and 0-62 in 11.6 seconds.
I was only skim reading and saw 11.6 and thought that's pretty slow for a performance car to 100mph. Then I saw "0-62" and "Scenic 1.9 diesel" and am now just very confused :lol:

Just looked and I think the 1.9 diesel Focus I had as a first car was the slowest thing I've ever driven (in a straight line) and that was apparently 10.8 to 62. I don't think I ever changed gear before it hit the limiter...

ETA - this is a blatant lie - completely disowned my wife's Smart which is 11.5 to 60 :lol:
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Superb update. Boring but brill family car, only downfall has been dipped beam being rather shite. I put some Osram night breakers in at weekend, what a mission (wheel arch liners off and crud scissor clips); much better but still aimed a little low.

Thanks to a flat-ish Aldi car park I have adjusted the aim, it was quite a bit out. Should dip 10cm @10m but was nearer 20. Much better.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:32 pm (MK1 Honda Jazz 1.4 at the time).
Funnily enough my NCG friend's post that prompted it was him mentioning his last Jazz (he's had several) had died and he'd bought a Note, marvelling at the connection between the names :D He's also a massive Jazz fan and a drummer. All very up his street.

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:10 pm All the diesel torks. Even something like the scenic driven in a dull non-car person way will feel brisk....
STOP AGREEING WITH THEM !!!!
mik

Post by mik »

Shlergen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:36 pm Superb update.
It was an OK update, I suppose.... :roll: ;)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Superb update - the blind spot warning stopped working on the way back from the NE last week, during a deluge on the M6. Have no idea why. The End. :P
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

My CLA gave me a driving lesson today.

Started the car and the information display came up with information on how to safely engage Drive. Foot on the brake, engage drive etc. But it wouldn't let me drive off for 20 seconds while the info was displayed.

It's a little odd because Drive won't engage without your foot on the brake and the car has several thousand miles on the clock suggesting I must already get that bit... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:20 am My CLA gave me a driving lesson today.
Mrs mik's E-Tron has done something similar to me many times.

Pressing the Start button wakes up the instruments, virtual mirrors, touch-screen etc. But you have to be pressing the brake pedal when you hit Start in order to actually go anywhere. I must be trying to do both simultaneously or something, but way more times than is reasonable, I have "started" the car and then repeatedly tried to select Drive at least twelvington times before realising it's not properly started up. The lack of any engine noise doesnt help here.....
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

mik wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:31 am
Shlergen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:36 pm Superb update.
It was an OK update, I suppose.... :roll: ;)
Didn't see that coming but then I don't have blind spot detection on mine (15'). :cry:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

So far the 330e is managing diesel levels of fuel consumption.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

integrale_evo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:10 pm All the diesel torks. Even something like the scenic driven in a dull non-car person way will feel brisk compared to a similarly sized petrol engine car driven with the same non car person style with 4000rpm self imposed rev limiter.
It's the little shove you get from the turbot coming on boost, which makes it feel quick for half a second when it kicks in.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Exactly, can make something very mundane feel quite peppy to someone who’s never likely to rev their petrol engines car to anywhere near its peak power.

Many years ago my dad fancied an Alfa spider and was quite underwhelmed by the 2.2 petrol so I suggested (despite always being a diesel hater) he tried the 2.5 diesel which I knew would be much more suited to his driving style, he much preferred it and bought one.
Cheers, Harry
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Being on holiday and contracting the lurgy when I got back has meant zero progress on the 928.

On the way home from the airport the XC40 decided that, despite climate settings to the contrary, we wanted all the heat. Tried resetting by turning the car off and back on again, but no dice. Left the car overnight and the next day everything was working perfectly. A bit of internet research revealed other people have had similar issues. Apparently, it needs the car switching off, locking then leaving for 5 minutes for a reboot.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:27 pm So far the 330e is managing diesel levels of fuel consumption.
I think this is my second choice for our new car now, after a C350e, as I can't drive that fucking horrible 2 Series.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

16vCento wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:54 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:27 pm So far the 330e is managing diesel levels of fuel consumption.
I think this is my second choice for our new car now, after a C350e, as I can't drive that fucking horrible 2 Series.
I'm impressed so far, mine is the F30, the newer ones have a longer range.