Simon

Carfection?

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
McSwede

Re: Carfection?

Post by McSwede »

Simon wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:49 pm
HC is already posting on Hagerty. The other presenters on Carfection have zero interest for me so as long as I can still consume HC content I shall be a happy bunny!!
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Yeah funnily enough I saw that HC video on Hagerty earlier and did wonder...
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Anything other than Catchpole on Carfection was tedious - their production values may have been high but the other presenters were no better than random individual YouTubers with a GoPro.

Shame but as long as Henry has a new home and can keep paying his mortgage, I won’t miss it.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I just hope they don't remove all the HC content from YT. When something closes fully, someone, somewhere has to still act as admin for that content surely. I wonder if Henry managed to blag the rights to his Carfection stuff.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

1m YouTube subs seemingly not enough - notice they mention no outside sponsership, which seems odd to do, unless that's due to CNET policies.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

It's a shame, been watching since it was xcar and the production value is great but it must be costly. Loads of their videos this year haven't hit 100k views (linky), and their parent CNET itself got acquired a couple of years ago. Unsustainable without ads/sponsorship or direct income from viewers.

Looking forward to Catchpole at Hagerty.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

going to need to start paying more attention to Hagerty.

Tony Angelo, formerly of Motortrend just announced that his own channel is going to be moved onto Hagerty's as well.
An absolute unit
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

If you're wondering why you're following a shitty channel on a Instagram called Bluesky Media - it's because it used to be Carfections channel. Not sure if hacked or sold...