Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:14 pm I saw a local S2000 in Gibraltar last April. It looked great in a well used way, but was incredibly rusty everywhere. Not rat-look, just frilly round the wheelarches, on the sills etc.
I suspect there's a reason you don't see many in the UK any more.....

And yes, that instrument cluster is straight from the 80s, and is all the better for it @Sundayjumper.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Roses are red
Violets are blue
When I found full throttle kickdown in the car,
Out came some poo :shock:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Beany wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:47 am Roses are red
Violets are blue
When I found full throttle kickdown in the car,
Out came some poo :shock:
It's got some punch hasn't it, I was tempted to get it rolling roaded to see what power it's actually running.
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's more that when I did that it was in EcoPro mode so I was expecting it to be a bit more chill about it, not to drop kick me into the horizon :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sounds like you'll need to be increasing the "tyres" line of your budget quite substantially 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

...what's a budget? :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:52 pm Sounds like you'll need to be increasing the "tyres" line of your budget quite substantially 8-)
The M240i would break traction at 70mph in 4th gear. On MPSS tyres. (Wet)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

11° today. So glad I invested in those winter tyres :D
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:41 am 11° today. So glad I invested in those winter tyres :D
Yes, I put the all-seasons on my wife's car in January and I reckon they've only seen one frost. However, the Pirelli P-Zero summer tyres are pretty awful even above freezing so it was probably still worthwhile.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:41 am 11° today. So glad I invested in those winter tyres :D
Shorts on i presume?
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

scotta wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:10 am
Shorts on i presume?
Shorts and taps aff weather today.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:32 am
Yes, I put the all-seasons on my wife's car in January and I reckon they've only seen one frost. However, the Pirelli P-Zero summer tyres are pretty awful even above freezing so it was probably still worthwhile.
I think if I still had the M2 the switch would definitely have been worthwhile, but with awd, I might switch them back this weekend.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:15 pm
I think if I still had the M2 the switch would definitely have been worthwhile, but with awd, I might switch them back this weekend.
Then it'll snow next week. :cry:
mik

Post by mik »

We have a "Zappi" charger (made by MyEnergi) for mrs mik's E-Tron.

About 6 months after installation the car didn't charge fully one night. Weird, but it was fine the next night.

About 3 weeks later - same again. Weird. Next time it happened (3-4 weeks later) I realised the car had released the cable. Which it doesn't usually do at the end of a charge cycle. Message on dash displayed "charge port door fault" (or something like that). If I pulled the cable out and immediately re-inserted, the car would start charging again. :?

Spoke to MyEnergi at the time - updated the firmware and adjusted some settings. At that time we'd only charged away from home a handful of times, and it was always fine, but MyEnergi were pretty convinced that the car was causing this. Particularly with the "charge port door fault" message.

Spoke to Audi - they checked a couple of things when it was next in for a service, but couldn't see anything obvious, and couldn't get it to repeat... so they asked us to "monitor it".

Issue frequency increased and I booked the car into Audi for a check. Then some van driver bloke ran into the back of it. Took the car to Audi as planned who said "hmmm - damage at the back - could be exposed wires or anything mate. Can't assess it. Bring it back once the repair is done and then we can look at it". :roll: And of course fixing repairs takes for evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah at the moment. :evil:

Zoom forward to Jan-24 and Audi have the car in for a full assessment. No fault codes recorded. Charge it on 3 different chargers (AC and DC) and report no issues. They are convinced it's the charger at fault. Gah! :evil:

Go home and suddenly think to try actively cutting the power to the charger at the breaker momentarily whilst it was charging. Charge stopped (obviously), but the car also immediately released the cable (as cutting all power meant there was no longer any comms between charger and car) and the charge port door tried to close.... and failed - due to the presence of a charge cable. Keep up at the back. After it tried a couple more times the charge port door stayed open and displayed "charge port door fault" on the dash.... as far as the car was concerned there was no longer a cable attached, and since the charge port door wouldn't close - it must be faulty.

OK - so the issue is now definitely confirmed as our charger! :geek: Something is clearly causing it to drop out momentarily every so often.

Zappi has a 3yr warranty from date of installation. Checks date of installation.... 3yrs and 3 days ago. :roll:

Contact MyEnergi, who get me to do some shizzle, update firmware again, but it doesn't help. Charger is at this point dropping out every couple of days - so it was now very easy to verify that it's still not working right. And since I was able to tell them exactly when I spoke to their techs back in 2021 - they agreed it was a long-standing issue and even though I was now out of warranty, they'd install a new one for £0. Fair play to them. Very happy with that. 8-)

This took about 3 weeks to organise, but now I was focussed on the charger I tried a couple more things. There is no option for the user to charge at a lower power output, but I discovered that the installer can limit current draw (in case you install it on a weedy supply that can only handle 16A for example) so I went into that installer menu and dropped peak current from 32A std (7.3kw) to 22A (5kw) and it stopped tripping. Slower charge obviously, but still fast enough, and at least it was working reliably again.

New updated model now fitted. Full speed home charging again. Happy boy.

TL;DR - we got a new car charger.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

When you say no ability to charge at lower output what do you mean? I can set mine to four (I think) different charging speeds, the lowest drawing 1k, the highest the full 7k.

Sounds like you've had better luck with their customer support than I have (although mine is just a missing password).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

The water leak in the E60 has been found to be the oil cooler. It should be fixed by Tuesday and then I can drive the fucking thing!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I used the Superb to help a pal move house thise week. he has a cashkai. Two single beds fitted in the back no problem and could see over the top of the matresses easily. Still miss the estate versatility but you could camp in the hatchback tbf! :D Still averaging mid to high 30s and low to mid 40 on a run so cannot argue with that!

Mini is great apparently, my wife said she has changed the wee digital display in fromt of her from current speed (really helpfull) to average journey speed or something largely useless so must read the handbook and change that back.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Currently without the mini. It’s gone on loan to my niece as her ecoboost 1.0 fiesta is quite literally fucked. Engine completely toast. New (reconditioned) engine been ordered.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:32 pm I used the Superb to help a pal move house thise week. he has a cashkai. Two single beds fitted in the back no problem and could see over the top of the matresses easily. Still miss the estate versatility but you could camp in the hatchback tbf! :D Still averaging mid to high 30s and low to mid 40 on a run so cannot argue with that!

Mini is great apparently, my wife said she has changed the wee digital display in fromt of her from current speed (really helpfull) to average journey speed or something largely useless so must read the handbook and change that back.
Stab the button on the end of the indicator.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

scotta wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:00 pm
Gavin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:32 pm I used the Superb to help a pal move house thise week. he has a cashkai. Two single beds fitted in the back no problem and could see over the top of the matresses easily. Still miss the estate versatility but you could camp in the hatchback tbf! :D Still averaging mid to high 30s and low to mid 40 on a run so cannot argue with that!

Stab the button on the end of the indicator.
Ah, thank you! Didn't realise that was a button but I rarely drive it (that is my excuse). I did go to fill the skooshers earlier but failed to open the bonnet, checked the manual and wasn't a trick as far as I could see so I now have a skinned knickly and empty skooshers, don't want to force it as it felt flimsy.