Numpty bellends...

DeskJockey

Numpty bellends...

Post by DeskJockey »

That think it is perfectly fine to drive the wrong way on a one-way street in front of a school. When I stopped them to point it out, they didn't look like they cared one jot. Annoyingly didn't get a picture of the number plate.

Most galling was that it would have cost them no time to go the right way around. When can we make driving a privilege and not a right?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Numpty bellends...

Post by Rich B »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:35 pm When can we make driving a privilege and not a right?
I never understood why people say that. Of course driving should be a right - there's clear parameters for who can drive and you break the rules you risk losing that right.

If it was made a privilege- then you would risk driving become limited to certain groups, not necessarily groups you deem as correct to be given that privilege, with immunity to the rules.

However, that cunt needs to be caught and have his rights removed.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Point taken, but can we then remove the right from all the numpties that can't drive? The people that are too busy on their phones, rush into the middle lane on the motorway and then sit doing 67mph without any idea of what's going on around them, don't know how to operate their vehicle properly and therefore drive around in the dark with no lights on, etc.
---
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 pm Point taken, but can we then remove the right from all the numpties that can't drive? The people that are too busy on their phones, rush into the middle lane on the motorway and then sit doing 67mph without any idea of what's going on around them, don't know how to operate their vehicle properly and therefore drive around in the dark with no lights on, etc.
yep, all those things are against the law/agreement you've made and you can lose, or get points towards point to losing your driving rights!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Shame nobody seems to enforce those laws.
---
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:26 pm Shame nobody seems to enforce those laws.
He’s just lucky he wasn’t speeding at the time or he would have been caught
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Add to the list the melt that rode my bumper, beeping his horn like an idiot while I was stuck behind a lorry overtaking another lorry. You can see the lorry. You can see that both lanes are occupied. Where do you want me to go? I expected him to try to undertake as soon as I'd cleared the lorry, but he didn't, just kept so close behind I couldn't see his front lights until I pulled in. He then proceeded to overtake me at 2mph. Utter, utter numpty.
---
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Add to the list those who do NOT use both lanes and merge in term like a zipper at the end in merging traffic.

And those who sit across lane 1 and 2 to prevent this from happening and those in lane 1 who do not let everyone merge in turn - well I say bring back Stocks and rotting vegetables in Town Squares for the likes of them...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

I only opened this thread because I thought you were calling us. :geek:

Then I noticed it was in the moaning forum..... :roll:
GG.

Post by GG. »

I thought all the numpty bellends were dead. Apparently not.

Forum convention though - RIP. ;)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

GG. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:41 pm I thought all the numpty bellends were dead.
We live in hope.
---
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

The numpties I currently hate most are those who come up very slowly behind you on the motorway in the next lane but either don't overtake at all or slow down when alongside you. Almost always <1yr old Ford Kuga drivers. Very odd.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

They give anyone a driving licence these days.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

GG. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:41 pm I thought all the numpty bellends were dead. Apparently not.

Forum convention though - RIP. ;)
That applies to general only (General Levy's lesser-known brother), convention is safe and well.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:38 pm You can see the lorry.
No, they really can't, even when you're in a small car that's easy to see past. I'm thinking of a specific incident and wishing I had a dash cam to have a vid of it, but then people would say "you must have done something to make them act like that, we want to see the bit at the beginning you've edited out", but if a vid is that long say "30s I won't get back, nothing happened for most of it, could have been much shorter" :roll:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:45 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:38 pm You can see the lorry.
No, they really can't, even when you're in a small car that's easy to see past. I'm thinking of a specific incident and wishing I had a dash cam to have a vid of it, but then people would say "you must have done something to make them act like that, we want to see the bit at the beginning you've edited out", but if a vid is that long say "30s I won't get back, nothing happened for most of it, could have been much shorter" :roll:
Then they're choosing not to see it. It was an HGV, he rushed up behind me from far enough back that there is no way my car could have obscured his view of the lorry in front of me.

What's your incident? Sounds like whomever was behind shouldn't be driving at all.
---
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

DeskJockey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:23 pm Then they're choosing not to see it.
They lack the cognitive ability, they can see you in front of them but can't comprehend why you're there. Getting an itchy stabbing hand doesn't help with typing :oops: The incident I'm thinking of was similar to yours, in traffic with a car flying up behind all lights and anger, swerving side to side on my rear bumper looking for a way past. I'm in an A2, easy enough to see past to see that I'm going under the speed limit because I'm behind a lorry overtaking a lorry you'd reasonably think but no, he gets his mate to peer out of the passenger window and puts his foot down to undertake me, only to be thwarted by the hgv there. The big, double-decker type artic with reflective logos on the rear - if it couldn't be seen round the A2 it could be seen over it. More angry idiocy ensued, and when eventually he got in front (as traffic cleared and he'd made increasingly erratic undertaking manoeuvres as vehicles moved left after overtaking the hgvs) he brake tested* me before the obligatory flooring of his A4.
*He was too far away and he didn't brake hard or long enough for it to mean anything*, especially as so predictable. His A4 was quicker than a 75ps A2 and I felt suitably emasculated :oops: :lol:
*Twss.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:39 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:23 pm Then they're choosing not to see it.
They lack the cognitive ability, they can see you in front of them but can't comprehend why you're there. Getting an itchy stabbing hand doesn't help with typing :oops: The incident I'm thinking of was similar to yours, in traffic with a car flying up behind all lights and anger, swerving side to side on my rear bumper looking for a way past. I'm in an A2, easy enough to see past to see that I'm going under the speed limit because I'm behind a lorry overtaking a lorry you'd reasonably think but no, he gets his mate to peer out of the passenger window and puts his foot down to undertake me, only to be thwarted by the hgv there. The big, double-decker type artic with reflective logos on the rear - if it couldn't be seen round the A2 it could be seen over it. More angry idiocy ensued, and when eventually he got in front (as traffic cleared and he'd made increasingly erratic undertaking manoeuvres as vehicles moved left after overtaking the hgvs) he brake tested* me before the obligatory flooring of his A4.
*He was too far away and he didn't brake hard or long enough for it to mean anything*, especially as so predictable. His A4 was quicker than a 75ps A2 and I felt suitably emasculated :oops: :lol:
*Twss.
And they're allowed to operate motor vehicles? That certainly sounds very similar.
---