Your fleet running reports

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

16vCento wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:04 am The best way to look at it is through a wall.
:lol:

I had a 2series MPV a few years back as a courtesy car. I was glad to give it back...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Fitted a new jockey wheel to the trailer
Thes things aren’t made very well are they, barely withstand being left in the down position for 10 minutes whilst towing a loaded trailer at 60 mph :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

-snip privacy-
Last edited by NGRhodes on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tim

Post by tim »

Some gormless cunt in a MINI decided my side of the road was more betterer on Monday night and took out the drivers side door mirror on my Mondeo. Glass broken, outer cover somewhere in a field, inner structure broken but I think salvageable.

I bought a replacement primed cover off eBay for £11 and was amazed to discover it didn't fit in any fathomable way, so I fear I might need to pay the Ford piper £92 for a new painted one.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Bleurgh - adblue time again. What a bloody faff - why can it only take fluid at the same rate I can pee! I know its a urine substitue but they didn't need to take it that far... I gave up after 10 of the 15 litres but that's still enough to get me by for about another 12 months.

Weirdly I also checked the 911 oil level the other day at it was at the minimum. Odd given I've done about 1000 miles in it and you'd assume Porsche would have filled it to max as part of pre-purchase prep. Got some more Mobil 1 to stick in it - hopefully it is not using an abnormal amount. The other weird thing is that it has a very pronounced rattle on start up. Quite disconcerting but there are several reports of it on t'internet and the general consensus seems to be that its nothing to worry about. Anyway, its under warranty so I guess it isn't...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

GG. wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:35 pm Porsche would have filled it to max as part of pre-purchase prep.
Given some of the dealer's antics, maybe not! :)
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

FTAO S2000 people.

My friends dad has stopped driving and they're selling his S2000,
It's not really moved for a long time but has still been MOTd , it's up at 14k, is this a decent price?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 1295998736

Link if anyone is interested, I'm trying very hard not to buy it instead of that BMW my wife wants :lol:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

GG. wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:35 pm Quite disconcerting but there are several reports of it on t'internet and the general consensus seems to be that its nothing to worry about. Anyway, its under warranty so I guess it isn't...
Porsche seems, more than any other manufacturer, to have really disquieting tics which are within the range of normal and don't indicate any serious mechanical issue at all. I remember the first time I had a HUGE smoke cloud behind me and panicked, only to be told that "the air oil separator will do that from time to time"... :?
Last edited by Explosive Newt on Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Post by mik »

16vCento wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:41 am FTAO S2000 people.
Paging @dan
GG.

Post by GG. »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:45 am
GG. wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:35 pm Quite disconcerting but there are several reports of it on t'internet and the general consensus seems to be that its nothing to worry about. Anyway, its under warranty so I guess it isn't...
Porsche seems, more than any other manufacturer, to have really disquieting tics which are within the range of normal and don't indicate any serious mechanical issue at all. I remember the first time I had a HUGE smoke cloud behind me and panicked, only to be told that "the air oil separator will do that from time to time"... :?
Yes definitely agree with this :lol:

I had a whole host of niggles and funny noises with the 997 - including what sounded like sticky tappets, which all waxed and waned or were intermittent.

Technically the cloude of smoke like a papal enclave (which I had as well - to the extent it filled the entire street a couple of times like I was a battle tank disguising my whereabouts) is just oil pooling in the pistons given their horizontal layout. If the AOS is causing it then it would be constant and not just on start up (and would be genuinely broken and not just TADTS).

Interestingly the 991 does not do the smoke on startup think which is a bit strange as I thought the 991 essentially just had a derivation of the 9A1 unit that was in the 997.2 but maybe revisions have lessened that problem.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

GG. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:45 am
Yes definitely agree with this :lol:

I had a whole host of niggles and funny noises with the 997 - including what sounded like sticky tappets, which all waxed and waned or were intermittent.

Technically the cloude of smoke like a papal enclave (which I had as well - to the extent it filled the entire street a couple of times like I was a battle tank disguising my whereabouts) is just oil pooling in the pistons given their horizontal layout. If the AOS is causing it then it would be constant and not just on start up (and would be genuinely broken and not just TADTS).

Interestingly the 991 does not do the smoke on startup think which is a bit strange as I thought the 991 essentially just had a derivation of the 9A1 unit that was in the 997.2 but maybe revisions have lessened that problem.
Needs oil to smoke.. 😁
Cheers,

Ian
dan

Post by dan »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:46 am
16vCento wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:41 am FTAO S2000 people.
Paging @dan
Got more than that for mine but it had less miles and was an 09 car, seems like a good price to me though.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Cheers Dan, looking at market it seemed ok to me, no hardtop and partial service history, I said to try and wait until summer if they can as id imagine it will sell easier then.

Had no idea these were in the 700 quid tax band either!
GG.

Post by GG. »

It doesn't look too overpriced but you have the inside information that it hasn't run regularly (though you could probably glean that from the unloved looking interior). Plus non-standard add on rear wing is not great.

Others seem available for cheaper (e.g. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... rs&fromsra) so I wouldn't go for that one if I were you given cars which have sat for long periods are usually trouble.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I remember looking at S2000s about 15 years ago, the thing that put me off at the time was the insurance - it was double what I was paying at the time on my brand new CTR.

The stupid thing is, I ended up buying an RX8, which ended up costing a fortune in depreciation (which the S2000 clearly wouldn't have suffered... 🙄)
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'll admit I know nothing of S2000s nor their fanboism, but £14k is WAY more than I'd expect it to be worth if I saw one on the road.
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Yeah I'm surprised how much they've held their values.

I think the spoiler is factory, he's had it from almost new and isn't a car modifier in any way, it's a GT I believe which has a bit of a factory aero kit on it.

I'll admit I'm tempted to have a bid on it and sod the Hybrid, we have one sensible car surely that's enough :lol:

It's a nice car in real life, or was the last time I saw it, looks brilliant cleaned up.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm I'll admit I know nothing of S2000s nor their fanboism, but £14k is WAY more than I'd expect it to be worth if I saw one on the road.
got to agree - £6-7k for a minter seems where it sits in my head
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Wait. Is that instrument cluster nicked directly from the eighties ???

S2000:

Astra GTE:

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I saw a local S2000 in Gibraltar last April. It looked great in a well used way, but was incredibly rusty everywhere. Not rat-look, just frilly round the wheelarches, on the sills etc.