No F1 thread?

GG.

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by GG. »

Exciting stuff. Should have happened last year. Merc is clearly going nowhere until the next reg change and every racing driver would want a stint at the Scuderia if it even possibly on the cards...

Fingers crossed its true.
John

Post by John »

Always fancied seeing what Lewis could do in the Ferrari. Will Bono go with him I wonder?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... a-1-season

This is huge news. LeClerc (who I think is massively overrated) has just signed a multi-year deal with Ferrari. They just need a decent strategy team to not fuck things up. Wonder where Sainz will go? Swap with Hamilton maybe?
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think this all started last year when Hamilton wanted a contract renewal but with some clause about being remunerated heavily by Mercedes even when he was retired, or possibly a shareholder, I can’t remember exactly, the contract renewal seemed extremely drawn out though and he didn’t seem to get what he wanted.
At which point where’s the loyalty and the car is a dog… Nothing to lose is there.
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:shock: Holy mackerel.

Would love to see him win a championship with Ferrari before he retires.
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:23 am At which point where’s the loyalty and the car is a dog… Nothing to lose is there.
"Staying loyal" to your team/employer is usually because you recognise that you are benefiting also. Whether you choose to acknowledge that or not.

It's perfectly reasonable to "stay loyal" to Mercedes whilst they are still renumerating you like a contender for the title, despite your team-mate often providing better results, and whilst you know they are capable of providing a winning car. Based on the last few years, it has to be questionable whether the current team can do that, and - in that light - they aren't likely to want to make your remuneration even more attractive.... so - why not move? Despite your "loyalty" to your current team.

And yeah, they aren't everyone's favourite team, but there is still a distinct cachet associated with driving for Ferrari, and the Hambone-Fezza combo could be a good one.....
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

There were also questionable strategy calls from Mercedes, I remember quite a few occasions when Hamilton was stuck behind Russell for far too many laps unable to make use of his better race pace. Russell just set his car up for qualifying, used his tyres up too quickly during the race, then turned into a bit of a rolling roadblock until he killed his tyres. Whenever Russell was behind Hamilton he made too many requests on how Hamilton should be driving and trying to dictate the strategy, usually telling Hamilton to speed up whilst he was just saving tyres for the more critical phase of the race.
That kind of thing if you actually have a competitive car will lead to a lost championship/too much tension within the team.

Obviously strategy at Ferrari is a whole other minefield which they often get wrong but the drivers don't seem to bitch about it for an eternity after the race.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

mik wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:32 pm And yeah, they aren't everyone's favourite team, but there is still a distinct cachet associated with driving for Ferrari, and the Hambone-Fezza combo could be a good one.....
this
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:20 pm
Wilspeed wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:34 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:21 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68158107

F1 rejects Andretti bid to enter F1 in 2025.

The club is closed guys :roll:
F1 would rather see Machine Cunt Kelly on the Grid than Mario Fucking Andretti, former World Champion of the sport.
Yep. One of the greatest names in global motorsport, yet apparently wouldn't bring enough value to F1. Righto. But Lizzo does, right? :lol:
Somebody's already said "Well, pound for pound" and then been cancelled for it I assume.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

There were rumours years ago and various people said it would never happen.

They all like Ferrari, and their massive egos mean most would love the chance to be the first Ferrari world champion since 2007, thinking they could be the one to finally turn the team around.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah, the rumours were when he was still winning championships with Mercedes which made no sense to walk away from a championship winning car 😂
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Confirmed according to the Beeb.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s also on the respective teams social media accounts now.
It’s odd that Hamilton kept it so secretive, Mercedes had an emergency meeting to confirm it’s accurate, and Toto wasn’t even in the country.
I wonder if it got leaked in the Ferrari earnings report.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sainz suffering seriously from unwanted ginger step child syndrome here
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Always had him down as a wrong un.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Whether or not there's any legitimacy to the claim, I imagine there's so much inappropriate behaviour goes on by the old guard in F1 that they will have no choice but to circle the wagons!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’d also file a report to HR if I walked in and saw Horner giving a blowjob to Jos.
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm I’d also file a report to HR if I walked in and saw Horner giving a blowjob to Jos.
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.....