No F1 thread?

jamcg

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by jamcg »

I like to think he’s been let go because he told gene to fuck off and called him a cunt :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:53 pm I like to think he’s been let go because he told gene to fuck off and called him a cunt :lol:
That's exactly what I thought as I read the news!
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I don't think I ever saw a team principal more driven to succeed in recent years. I don't see the logic of replacing him.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Just what everyone wanted, another street circuit……… :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is this replacing Catalunya?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:02 pm Is this replacing Catalunya?
That is my understanding. A street circuit to replace a race circuit circuit seems totally stoopid to me..... :ugeek:

5kn track length is far from short, but is shorter than the layout that was noted on page 241. :? Is this the final final final layout proposal I wonder? :?

edit: 5.474km with a laptime of 1m32 is roughly 212kph average for the lap. Circa 132mph average. Seems high for a street circuit :?: (stated without going off to check how that compares. Edit: apparently Las Vegas was an average speed of > 140mph).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep replacing Catalunya with this is stupid. Also can’t be good for their environmental impact they keep bleating on about. Purpose built circuit with minimal modification needed vs moving in 100’s of miles of barriers, resurfacing the whole place, temporary structures needed for just 3 days. 🙄
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I have seen no positive comments online regadringthis change. Barcelona is not a great track tbf, they've rarely had anything but a procession, but street tracks tend to be exactly that as well, although Vegas was quite exciting in the end this year, but then even Monaco has hadthe odd decent race.

Torro Rosso new name though?? Surely the commentators are not going to actuually call them Visa Cash App RB as in "here comes Danny Ric in the..." the action will have finished as it is so clumsy. V-CARB for a shortened version maybe
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s a diversion from the fact they’ve moved their factory into Milton Keynes alongside Red Bull.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

jamcg wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:00 pm Just what everyone wanted, another street circuit……… :roll:
They want to put the circuits out of business so they can buy 'em up cheap(ly) and redevelop the land, redevelop it into housing estates where the main access roads curiously mimic the route the circuit took...
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:56 pm It’s a diversion from the fact they’ve moved their factory into Milton Keynes alongside Red Bull.
And are taking as much red bull parts as the regs allow. Congrats on the second place in the championship
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:41 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:56 pm It’s a diversion from the fact they’ve moved their factory into Milton Keynes alongside Red Bull.
And are taking as much red bull parts as the regs allow. Congrats on the second place in the championship
Surely this is more to act as a sneaky Red Bull parts test bed, I reckon they won’t be dumb enough to give the B team a serious performance upgrade as that’ll get all the other vocally screaming about it. Just sneak a bit more wind tunnel time here and there, have a very similar car platform on the B team to try ideas on… Leave a few important files just lying around for other eyes to see…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

FFS don’t give them ideas :lol:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68158107

F1 rejects Andretti bid to enter F1 in 2025.

The club is closed guys :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

And they pretend they like the fans.
What a waste, I didn't realise until a few days ago how far Andretti were into this, they had scale F1 model in their wind tunnel playing catch up already
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:21 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68158107

F1 would rather see Machine Cunt Kelly on the Grid than Mario Fucking Andretti, former World Champion of the sport.
Cunt.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The F1 statement is incredibly stupid
"We would look differently on an application for the entry of a team into the 2028 Championship with a GM power unit, either as a GM works team or as a GM customer team designing all allowable components in-house. In this case there would be additional factors to consider in respect of the value that the applicant would bring to the championship, in particular in respect of bringing a prestigious new OEM to the sport as a PU supplier."

In effect the small teams which made the sport are now worthless and will never be considered as a new applicant. Only prestigious OEMs now. Wonder what Williams, Haas, Red Bull, Alfa Tauri and Sauber think about that because you know, they don’t add value to the championship 🙄🤣
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Wilspeed wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:34 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:21 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68158107

F1 would rather see Machine Cunt Kelly on the Grid than Mario Fucking Andretti, former World Champion of the sport.
Yep. One of the greatest names in global motorsport, yet apparently wouldn't bring enough value to F1. Righto. But Lizzo does, right? :lol:
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Just had a Sky Sports notification that Hamilton is joining Ferrari next year. Didn't expect to see that