Torches Again

Mito Man

Torches Again

Post by Mito Man »

I got to mess about with my dads stupid new torch (he is a torch collector)

200,000 genuine lumens, you can’t use it on that power setting unless you’re pointing at a wide open space as otherwise the light reflects back at you and blinds you. It only lasts 40 seconds at that level before reducing due to overheating. Speaking of overheating…

We tried to set some fire to a bit of hay, but only got it smouldering. It would probably set fire if held to almost touching distance however you can’t actually see what what you’re aiming at as it’s too bright at such a distance and your eyes just see white and it hurts. It’s been 30 minutes and I’m still seeing 30 white dots when I close my eyes.

The body of the torch gets really hot so you have to use the handle, this is all fine until your knuckle accidentally brushes against the body of the torch and causes third degree burns.

I reckon you could actually put a person into an epileptic fit with the strobe mode and kill them.
I think they’ve finally made a torch which is too powerful :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Re: Torches Again

Post by Mito Man »

I like this picture from the CCTV which is a truer representation of how our eyes see the light vs the iPhone camera with its much more advanced exposure control.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Re: Torches Again

Post by RobYob »

@DaveE ?