Car Insurance (again)

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Car Insurance (again)

Post by Gavin »

The Golf was recovered a week or so back, sadly only my bobble hat was in it.

I got a lovely letter from the storage yard, thinly disguised as if it was an offical police letter, telling me that as the registered owner I should come and collect the Golf and pay storage fees etc.

Cue a 45 minute trail of calls to find out that indeed, I should have been told to send away the new V5 on their behalf, "sorry, we didn't send you that info, or the pack to send us the service books".

Ah well, they already gave me £50 for cocking the claim up, maybe I will get another wee compensatory amount.

I now need to check with my wife if her insurance company told her to fill in the V5 as I am sure we have the new one, after the plate came off, in the cupboard.
scotta

Re: Car Insurance (again)

Post by scotta »

Gavin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:51 pm The Golf was recovered a week or so back, sadly only my bobble hat was in it.

I got a lovely letter from the storage yard, thinly disguised as if it was an offical police letter, telling me that as the registered owner I should come and collect the Golf and pay storage fees etc.

Cue a 45 minute trail of calls to find out that indeed, I should have been told to send away the new V5 on their behalf, "sorry, we didn't send you that info, or the pack to send us the service books".

Ah well, they already gave me £50 for cocking the claim up, maybe I will get another wee compensatory amount.

I now need to check with my wife if her insurance company told her to fill in the V5 as I am sure we have the new one, after the plate came off, in the cupboard.
Presumably you dont have an option to get it back? Was it damaged?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Car Insurance (again)

Post by Gavin »

scotta wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:40 pm
Gavin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:51 pm The Golf was recovered a week or so back, sadly only my bobble hat was in it.

Presumably you dont have an option to get it back? Was it damaged?
Nah, they paid out in July, and TBG I wouldn't want it.

The DC who I have been speaking with said it had been used in quite a few crimes and looked like it had been raced. 3 flats, at least 1 wheel looked cracked and I think he said the front bumper was damaged.