Hollywood actorz and facial surgery

mik

Hollywood actorz and facial surgery

Post by mik »

I started watching “I See You” on Netflix last night. Fell asleep so didn’t see it all, but was mostly distracted by the new face of Helen Hunt. (You need to take a look for yourself).

I watched several scenes in complete bemusement. I was a bit fixated that she looks so unnatural now, but additionally I was like “ah she’s happy. No distraught. No, delerious. Hang on - she’s acting terrified”. How can I tell what the fuck is going on in your film if you cast a lead actor whose face no longer moves? :evil:
V8Granite

Re: Hollywood actorz and facial surgery

Post by V8Granite »

When Rosamund Pike does the same the world will be a much sadder place.

Bill Burr does a great sketch on facial surgery where he says you could look great and 50 or look 20 and like a lizard.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

These people are only going to end up even more miserable than when they started the journey vandalising their own features. Might have a look at the netflix :)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

It can fuck celebrity careers up, Jenifer “nobody puts baby in a corner” grey can attest
wikipedia wrote:Despite the success of Dirty Dancing, Grey felt that her looks would place restrictions on the type of future roles she would be considered for.[17] After consulting her mother and three plastic surgeons in the early 1990s, she underwent two rhinoplasty procedures. The second was necessary to correct an irregularity caused by the first operation and ended up more extensive than what Grey had expected.[17][19] This resulted in a nose that caused even close friends to fail to recognize her, and the major change in her appearance affected her career.[20] Of the experience she said, "I went in the operating room a celebrity—and came out anonymous. It was like being in a witness protection program or being invisible."
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:32 am When Rosamund Pike does the same the world will be a much sadder place.

Bill Burr does a great sketch on facial surgery where he says you could look great and 50 or look 20 and like a lizard.

Dave!
They don't even look that young afterwards. They just look like a weird 50.

Mind, so many young women these days have their lips pumped up I dread to think what they'll look like by the time they're 50.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Not a Hollywood actor but has anyone come across that guy on Twitter who has spent millions trying to reverse his aging. He claims he’s biologically about 18 but he looks like shit.
https://www.standard.co.uk/tech/bryan- ... 3695.html#
Does really weird stuff too, like takes his son’s blood plasma and they both sleep connected to loads of sensors so they can measure erections at night and compare them.
Taking the father son relationship a bit far.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yep, he looks about 45...
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Ffs! You guys are slipping again..

?/?/?
Cheers,

Ian
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:23 pm Not a Hollywood actor but has anyone come across that guy on Twitter who has spent millions trying to reverse his aging. He claims he’s biologically about 18 but he looks like shit.
Does really weird stuff too, like takes his son’s blood plasma and they both sleep connected to loads of sensors so they can measure erections at night and compare them.
From what I’ve read he’s more about prolonging his body and organs rather than aesthetics, his aim is to live as long as possible. Yeah he still looks about 45 but definitely in decent nick for it.

Sounds like too much of a rigmarole for me but his experimenting will likely throw up some results for science to work with, so fair play.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

240PP wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:58 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:23 pm Not a Hollywood actor but has anyone come across that guy on Twitter who has spent millions trying to reverse his aging. He claims he’s biologically about 18 but he looks like shit.
From what I’ve read he’s more about prolonging his body and organs rather than aesthetics, his aim is to live as long as possible. Yeah he still looks about 45 but definitely in decent nick for it.

Sounds like too much of a rigmarole for me but his experimenting will likely throw up some results for science to work with, so fair play.
The skin is an organ! Reckon if you were to remove some of his internal organs they would look more comparable to a fit 45 year old vs an 18 year old too.
mik

Post by mik »

Anyone who watched “The Boys” will have noticed the lip fillers in the last series. Looks like she’s continued the theme. What a shame.

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

:o
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Have you heard Jimmy Carr going on about all the crap he’s had done? He’s open about it so it’s unusual hearing about it all but he looks weird now.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:14 pm I started watching “I See You” on Netflix last night. Fell asleep so didn’t see it all, but was mostly distracted by the new face of Helen Hunt. (You need to take a look for yourself).

I watched several scenes in complete bemusement. I was a bit fixated that she looks so unnatural now, but additionally I was like “ah she’s happy. No distraught. No, delerious. Hang on - she’s acting terrified”. How can I tell what the fuck is going on in your film if you cast a lead actor whose face no longer moves? :evil:
I remember watching that movie pretty soon after it came out and like you, was really distracted and a little bit sad that she felt she needed to do that. And you're right, its very confusing when it comes to trying to understand what sort of emotion she was trying to convey.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:43 am Anyone who watched “The Boys” will have noticed the lip fillers in the last series. Looks like she’s continued the theme. What a shame.

WTAF :o :( :shock:
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Not helped my the weird contouring make up with a white spot on the end of her nose. Very odd.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:05 pm Have you heard Jimmy Carr going on about all the crap he’s had done? He’s open about it so it’s unusual hearing about it all but he looks weird now.
Jimmy Carr sort of looks like a facetuned version of himself - like a real life Instagram filter has been let loose on him. Seemingly normal and still obviously him until you look closer, when you realise he could have been replaced by a robot clone.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes, he looks like something you’d get if you ask AI to draw an image of Jimmy Carr. Actually. Hang on a moment.

Edit - Content blocked by Bing :roll: