EV Thread

integrale_evo

Re: EV Thread

Post by integrale_evo »

It does make you wonder how they ever get past the prototype stage.

Maybe by the time they get that far they’ve invested so much in it no one’s dares speak up and say it’s actually shite to use?
Cheers, Harry
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:31 pm If that Cupra has the same infotainment system as the ID3 then it’s a complete disaster. VW admitted as such and said they’re bringing back buttons for essential functions but it will take until 2026 to do so :roll:
This I'm afraid. I tested both the ID3 and Cupra Bourn... the Cupra is probably the better of the two but I found them both soulless and the lack of switchgear infuriating - especially the buttons on the steering wheel for cruise etc which combined zero feedback with a brief lag in response so you ended up pressing multiple times.
Barry

Post by Barry »

The touch buttons and hiding the regen behind a menu are reasons I'm put off the VW platform too, the Hyundai/Kia models are still the best compromise imo. HVAC, Cruise, regen are all buttons/paddles.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

No buttons is a win for them though, they get to make it look all "futuristic and that", plus save butt-loads of cash by not having to install buttons.
tim

Post by tim »

My EV hating climate change denying mate just bought an I-Pace, so I fully expect the rapture to occur by tea time.
mik

Post by mik »

Tyre deflating whankhorz apparently now actively targetting larger EV's too.

Beany

Post by Beany »

What's safe about damaging the tyres of a car by leaving them sitting flat for ages (And if someones not paying attention, driving off on them)?

Not that I credit these wankpuffins with the mental capacity to think that far ahead or understand that sort of basic logic, of course.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Surely they’re hoping the person with a flat tyre gets into a high speed accident, dies and thus that’s one less person for this dying planet to support. The quickest way of reducing emissions is flat out murder.
How about not having a sig at all?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4631 ... -revealed/

If they actually manage to make it look like the concept I’d be tempted, despite it being an ev.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Did they steal the Mercedes concept?
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

MikeHunt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:44 pm https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4631 ... -revealed/

If they actually manage to make it look like the concept I’d be tempted, despite it being an ev.

That looks a lot like the Li Mega:

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

There is a Taycan GTS Cross Turismo in the town that I swear is louder than my Defender with its woowoo noises. Is this a setting or is it aftermarket ? It sounds bloody awful.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

MikeHunt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:44 pm https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4631 ... -revealed/

Comes with one of these as standard - in case you drop anything onto the dashboard.

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Surprised it didn’t cut power to the other wheels with one at zero.. dyno mode?
Cheers,

Ian
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Was following an EV the other day and was lol'ing at the 'live laugh love' style motivational quote on the tailgate which said 'build your dreams', before I realised that's BYD :lol: .

(I'm sure this is old news but it's the first time I'd seen it and I've not been watching this thread)

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s hilarious especially as it’s on their really shitty hatchback which is the opposite of building your dreams. More like “this is the cheapest EV I could lease to use as a white goods vehicle and beats taking public transport”
- would have difficulty sticking that on the boot though.

I think the Funky Cat has also been renamed to something else.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

New Macan EV
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/electr ... iled/48110
It looks a bit like the current Macan which had a few too many pies, don't particularly like the light treatment front or rear. Will be a good purchase once it depreciates like all EVs do though.
Barry

Post by Barry »

95kwh battery, phuk me. This is getting ridiculous :lol:
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

& 6 tonnes dry weight
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pm New Macan EV
“We are taking the Macan to a completely new level – with exceptional E-Performance"

WTF is "E-Performance" :?: :evil: