Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

tim wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:45 am I'm feeling much better, tho. :D
Pleased your virus has cleared up Tim!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Turns out I must have had it again over Christmas. A day or two of being snotty, followed by about a week having a cough which got noticeably better every day. No fever, no loss of taste. Less problematic than a cold now. But is that because the most recent mutation of the virus has got less serious or is it because of my 5 vaccines, I wonder?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I thought I had coronavirus this week. Turns out it's actually pleurisy, which I definitely do not recommend 😆
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

My sister in law had it over Xmas and was pretty bad for a week or more - she ended up isolating the whole break so as not to pass it to us/the olds. My brother caught it too but barely had a cold. Their son either didn’t get it, or had it first, with no symptoms. All/both had had the same vaccinations and it was obviously the same strain.

I think it just affects different people differently.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Cheers for that Rich - I think I was lucky but since I genuinely didn't know I had it, I appear to have given it to my sister and father. They're getting over it OK at least.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I was ill just before Christmas. I guessed it was Covid, but didn't test so no idea. Had a fever, ached all over, cough, runny nose and just feeling constantly drained. I had one day of no sense of smell / taste which was very odd. Glad that didn't last. I still get a bit of a cough every now and then and this is 3 weeks later.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Brannen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:53 am I was ill just before Christmas. I guessed it was Covid, but didn't test so no idea. Had a fever, ached all over, cough, runny nose and just feeling constantly drained. I had one day of no sense of smell / taste which was very odd. Glad that didn't last. I still get a bit of a cough every now and then and this is 3 weeks later.
Same here. I was shattered for about 10 days and still have a cough after 3 weeks. First time I've lost my sense of taste, which was really bizarre :D
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Carlos wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:00 am
Brannen wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:53 am I was ill just before Christmas. I guessed it was Covid, but didn't test so no idea. Had a fever, ached all over, cough, runny nose and just feeling constantly drained. I had one day of no sense of smell / taste which was very odd. Glad that didn't last. I still get a bit of a cough every now and then and this is 3 weeks later.
Same here. I was shattered for about 10 days and still have a cough after 3 weeks. First time I've lost my sense of taste, which was really bizarre :D
And I think I had the same. Started a couple of days before Christmas. Still feeling knackered. Keep feeling really cold, pulling a blanket over me on the sofa and dozing off for an hour or two.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Weirdly I had something similar, fever and achy and tired but no cough or nose run. I just assumed it was a shitty cold/general bug doing the rounds. Stayed in for it, not because I thought it was CV but just because I couldn't be arsed and I had basic food in. Bacon sandwiches for christmas lunch and cheap steak for christmas dinner :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Also the same for my wife, although she had felt groggy since her booster. We did the test just in case around the 20th but it returned negative. Don't know what it was but she's better now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Sore throat and husky voice developing here... 🤨
John

Post by John »

I tested positive on Boxing Day, the only reason I did a test was because I had an horrendous cough that was almost causing me to throw up. That cleared up after a few days but then I was suffering from an upset stomach and terrible muscle fatigue in my legs. I could barely walk at one point and it's still hard work walking up the stairs.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Lots of it around but very little touching intensive care like in the bad old days. The odd immunosupressed or anti-vax or very unlucky person. Most of what is coming to hospital is people with underlying lung conditions who have had them exacerbated by it. It's become like a seasonal virus like all the others.
Simon

Post by Simon »

There was some early talk that as it got more virulent it would also get 'weaker' but that was often denounced, yet it seems to be exactly what's happened. What gives?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t recall it being denounced, after all, Spanish flu is still with us but it’s very weak now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I don't think it's got more virulent, if you mean by that transmissible or infectious. It was clearly very infectious in the first place. The fact that this strain is something humans can cope with better is partly luck (the virus has mutated in a way which is less harmful) and partly the fact we've all been jabbed now.

I see COVID poster-boy Derek Draper has died. I guess Garraway will keep milking it until she gets a gong of some sort. Poor chap; it's probably a relief for him and doubtless for her. There was more chance of Schumacher making a recovery than Draper doing so, I suspect.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

New symptoms being reported which may need to look out for, apparently new variant now causes insomnia and anxiety

That’s apparently in people who don’t suffer with either so if you do it may cause some unwanted heightened symptoms of both
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:23 pm I guess Garraway will keep milking it until she gets a gong of some sort.
She got an mbe last year so hopefully not
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Absolutely pissed that I'm having a four-year anniversary bout of Covid. Had sore thoat/cough symptoms at start of the week and couldn't taste my coffee this morning. Did a test and yep, it's fookin Covid.

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What a faff. GWS.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away