Fireworks this year...

Mito Man

Re: Fireworks this year...

Post by Mito Man »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:50 am
Mito Man wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:29 am I love reading the Facebook local groups in the morning 😂
Someone moaning that their special pet/child/alien is crying over some bangs in the night. Jesus wept.
Nowt wrong with considering others, or being able to tell the time ;)

The biggest bangs here were the ones that started early. I can see quite a distance from here, there was much more light than sound overall, as far as the eye can see. Much prettiness and happiness 8-)

Ramsgate cancelled their display because of the weather - as I'm sure many places across the country did - but we had a lucky lull in the wind and rain here for a while.
The weirdest thing about this village is that it’s adjoining MOD land frequently used for artillery training. So it’s been especially busy since Russia/Ukraine kicked off with full blown explosions at all hours of the day.
Yet one person launches a firework and there’s 10 Karens immediately moaning about it on Facebook :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ah, yes, that's a bit different! Well, ish, maybe they're thinking "we get a bit of respite and then someone sets a firework off :roll: ".
Moocher could be unhappy or wary with noises she didn't know, often overcome by showing her the source and what was happening, but that's a bit awkward when it's gunfire...
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

We put a fireworks stream on YouTube at 6pm and told the kids it was midnight. Easiest bedtime we've had.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

The London eye fireworks were pretty good, watched them from a rooftop across the river
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

My neighbours had a large display which resembled Apocalypse Now. Nice of them to let us know so we could try to do something to stop the animals being traumatised by it. Cats were the worst and one of the dogs who is very nervous, but have recovered this morning. Tidied up the debris in the garden and ash on the cars this morning.

Cvnts.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We had one solitary firework go off about 12:01. That’s it. Very quiet here last night

London’s show was great as ever
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Woke us up at midnight, missus wished me a sleepy "happy new year" and we both went back to sleep. Rock n roll. 8-)
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:50 am
Mito Man wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:29 am I love reading the Facebook local groups in the morning 😂
Someone moaning that their special pet/child/alien is crying over some bangs in the night. Jesus wept.
Nowt wrong with considering others, or being able to tell the time ;)

The biggest bangs here were the ones that started early. I can see quite a distance from here, there was much more light than sound overall, as far as the eye can see. Much prettiness and happiness 8-)

Ramsgate cancelled their display because of the weather - as I'm sure many places across the country did - but we had a lucky lull in the wind and rain here for a while.
Scarborough cancelled theirs due to a sleepy walrus!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:50 pm
Scarborough cancelled theirs due to a sleepy walrus!

I saw the walrus on the news earlier, didn't know they'd cancelled fireworks for it 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 pm My neighbours had a large display which resembled Apocalypse Now. Nice of them to let us know so we could try to do something to stop the animals being traumatised by it. Cats were the worst and one of the dogs who is very nervous, but have recovered this morning. Tidied up the debris in the garden and ash on the cars this morning.

Cvnts.
Only a few around us last night, and we had our rescue dog (who hates them) in her snood from 11:40 til 01:00 and she just slept through most quite happily.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:04 pm My neighbours had a large display which resembled Apocalypse Now. Nice of them to let us know so we could try to do something to stop the animals being traumatised by it. Cats were the worst and one of the dogs who is very nervous, but have recovered this morning. Tidied up the debris in the garden and ash on the cars this morning.

Cvnts.

If you say anything to them they'll probably just reply " Wot? It was New Year's, what did you expect? Miserable sod" :roll:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:41 pm Only a few around us last night, and we had our rescue dog (who hates them) in her snood from 11:40 til 01:00 and she just slept through most quite happily.
I wish I'd've thought of a snood for a Moocher :(
It probably wouldn't have worked in the intended way; I imagine she would have got annoyed at me trying to put it on - much grrring and baring of teeth - and then when the bangs started turned and barked "and you can fck off as well :evil: " in their general direction.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Ours just chilled out and slept, not a huge amount so nothing too loud.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

It's unfortunate Diwali and Bandi Chhor Divas have coincided with Remembrance Sunday. I don't know if the largest, loudest fireworks have been banned from sale but I'm seriously impressed with how much sparkle and colour there is while the volume is notably muted. The day seems pretty perfectly balanced to me.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I think every country's NY is having/has had fireworks here. Plenty o' big 'nes, much boom.