Amazon

Mito Man

Amazon

Post by Mito Man »

So you send me a totally different product to what I’ve ordered and then expect ME to waste my time returning it to your locker or a post office instead of just sending a courier to pick it up from my address. What type of shit service is that?
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Re: Amazon

Post by NotoriousREV »

I had similar. They'd packaged an item that had clearly been opened and resealed, and some parts where missing. They wanted me to take it to some shop the other side of town to return it. I just had the charge reversed on my credit card.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

I set the o/h up on my family account a year or so back. 6 months or so ago she ordered a drinks bottle. Now in July and August we've received additional ones, like it's setup on some sort of subscription (for a drink bottle?). But we never ordered them. Really weird and not looking forward to arguing that one on chat.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m just going to keep what they’ve sent me (700 decking screws) since my dad wants them and it’s worth more than this weird square drive bit that I originally ordered and have now reordered.

Yes, I can hear Bezos crying over having lost £20.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I looked in the o/h's account just now. Sure enough, she'd subscribed to the bloody drinks bottle rather than just ordered one. I cancelled the subscription and went to return the one that arrived at the w/e. It said it's refunded the payment back to the card and there's no need to return the item! Win!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I’ve always had the opposite experience with Amazon, and I use them A LOT. Out of the couple of issues I’ve had over the years they’ve always gone overboard in trying to put it right. By and large people have confidence in them, hence they are the behemoth they are today.
scotta

Post by scotta »

240PP wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 am I’ve always had the opposite experience with Amazon, and I use them A LOT. Out of the couple of issues I’ve had over the years they’ve always gone overboard in trying to put it right. By and large people have confidence in them, hence they are the behemoth they are today.
yep that.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I guess if you're a billion miles from one of their lockers returning items is a pain but as our village has a set in the supermarket I've found they work impeccably well for the things I've had to return. Which were in all cases third parties stuffing up item specs rather than Amazon itself.
Simon

Post by Simon »

240PP wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 am I’ve always had the opposite experience with Amazon, and I use them A LOT. Out of the couple of issues I’ve had over the years they’ve always gone overboard in trying to put it right. By and large people have confidence in them, hence they are the behemoth they are today.
You're right. I've had no issues with Amazon and refunds etc in the past. I just considered the 'multiple bottle' thing maybe a botched app on her iPhone, and would have difficulty resolving it. I never considered that she'd actually subscribed to the damn thing! :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Women - know your limits.

To be honest, it's your fault. Why did you let her engage in a simple online transaction in the first place?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

RobYob wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:31 am I guess if you're a billion miles from one of their lockers returning items is a pain but as our village has a set in the supermarket I've found they work impeccably well for the things I've had to return. Which were in all cases third parties stuffing up item specs rather than Amazon itself.
It's not a billion miles to return stuff for me, but it is out of my way, to correct a problem they made, at my expense. They can GTF.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Totally agree. If it's not my fault, I shouldn't have to do one goddamn thing to have it rectified. Why should I?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:06 am Totally agree. If it's not my fault, I shouldn't have to do one goddamn thing to have it rectified. Why should I?
This is the fundamental principle here. You shouldn’t have to go out of your way to fix someone else’s mistake. Maybe if people didn’t have such a lax attitude we wouldn’t generally have a situation where most firms have a customer service range from a scale of shit to complete and utter shit.