Santa & the Grinch: Latest on McLaren & Aston Martin

SSO

Santa & the Grinch: Latest on McLaren & Aston Martin

Post by SSO »

Just posted an article on McLaren's Recapitalization Announcement & a bit of news on Aston Martin:

https://karenable.com/santa-grinch/

Comments?
RobYob

Re: Santa & the Grinch: Latest on McLaren & Aston Martin

Post by RobYob »

With Geely seemingly still as yet unable to drag Lotus into profitability/sustainability/sanity I can't imagine they'll have any appetite for another "eccentric" UK manufacturer.
SSO

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:20 pm With Geely seemingly still as yet unable to drag Lotus into profitability/sustainability/sanity I can't imagine they'll have any appetite for another "eccentric" UK manufacturer.
Stranger things have happened but logically would have to be no
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

AML is, has always been and will continue to be a basket case of a business. I was expecting Merc to take them over but now I'm just expecting the dumpster fire to get bigger.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
SSO

Post by SSO »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:56 am AML is, has always been and will continue to be a basket case of a business. I was expecting Merc to take them over but now I'm just expecting the dumpster fire to get bigger.
Merc has zero interest in taking over AML at this point. They had a rent to buy type agreement back in 2020 and once they got a good look under the hood, that was it.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Recap surely means there are no other interested parties currently, and it needs a better business model if they hope to sell it at a later date. Bit like doing up your house before selling because there’s zero interest currently.. risky and no guarantee of a roi either
Cheers,

Ian
SSO

Post by SSO »

IanF wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:42 pm Recap surely means there are no other interested parties currently, and it needs a better business model if they hope to sell it at a later date. Bit like doing up your house before selling because there’s zero interest currently.. risky and no guarantee of a roi either
That is where they are, sadly.