BYD Seal

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

BYD Seal

Post by Delphi »

Never heard of BYD before, but this looks like quite a compelling proposition if you're looking for an EV.

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: BYD Seal

Post by Jobbo »

I've seen a couple of BYDs around (I keep reading it as BYO, or Build Your Own). Shit brand name. And it looks like a bad Chinese copy of an Ionic 6 merged with a Model 3. If I were in that market, I believe there are some good deals on Polestar 2s.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I read BYO as bring your own. As in taking booze to a party.

It’s making me thirsty.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The BYD hatchback thing looks terrible, this looks better on the exterior but the interior is odd. It's like it's trying too hard to be posh but then looks cheap at the same time. Strip club type vibes. The cool thing is it has the LFP battery which is way better for longevity but comes at the cost of being a lot heavier. The cheap RWD Model 3/Y uses the same BYD blade battery but in a smaller capacity to save weight. I remember reading that the BYD interior quality and fit and finish isn't as good as the Model 3, which is pretty unacceptable.
Also I have concerns about the longevity of these Chinese EVs. The SAIC vans and MG EVs are all shite and rusting now that they're a few years old. Unless you're leasing these for 18 months at a rate of peanuts like that pickup truck, I'd avoid.
How about not having a sig at all?
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

BYOD for me too as a nerd.

There really is a template for the styling of these things isn't there?
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I keep seeing BYD Seal here and think it's something to do with this:
A penguin is driving around town when all of a sudden his car begins to splutter and die out. He drives into the nearest service station and tells the mechanic there about the hassles he's having. The mechanic gives his car a quick once over, and says to him "This should take about half an hour - come back and pick it up then".

Penguins, being the frigid creatures they are, he decided to grab himself an ice cream while he is waiting. He buys the biggest, creamiest vanilla ice cream money can buy, and lacking an opposable thumb, pushes his face into it to eat it.

Ice cream goes everywhere - all over the floor, all over the counter, all over his face. He takes a quick look at his watch and realises he's late, so forgoing the clean up, he races back to the mechanic.

When he gets there, the mechanic looks him up and down, and says "Well, it's not pretty, but it looks like you've blown a seal."
To which the penguin replies "Nah mate, it's just ice cream."