EV Thread

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: EV Thread

Post by Ascender »

Carlos wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:39 pmRWD only but does have a ton payload and 1.5 ton towing capacity.
Surely those two things rule it out straight away for most people who actually need a pickup? Ground clearance also looks pretty poor.
the indicator and windscreen wiper stalks are the opposite way round from almost every other car for sale in the UK today,
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:35 am
Carlos wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:21 am
Looks like they have all gone. A few of the EV YouTube crowd ordered one yesterday.
Probably a good thing - I was thinking at that price it's almost a no-brainer, but I don't need another car. :?
blimey, yeah - glad I didn't click the link til today!

Would be ideal for mountain biking and work commuting.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

Yeah, it was tempting for a few minutes. :D

They must be really keen to get them moved by the end of the year, there are some on Autotrader for under £25k (20745+VAT) as long as they get registered by then.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Ascender wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:50 am
Carlos wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:39 pmRWD only but does have a ton payload and 1.5 ton towing capacity.
Surely those two things rule it out straight away for most people who actually need a pickup? Ground clearance also looks pretty poor.
the indicator and windscreen wiper stalks are the opposite way round from almost every other car for sale in the UK today,
Like Rich said It would be more than enough for some.

My wife buys and sells houses and it would have been really useful over paying for delivery of stuff and using her Sportage as a van :D
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I'd love one of these to pootle around in. :D

mik

Post by mik »

It doesn’t really matter that I don’t like this, as I don't own any of them, but what does this do to their value? (I guess @SSO might have an inkling :?: )

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

mik wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:03 am
Carlos wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:39 pm If anyone needs an electric double cab for a year there appears to be a fire sale on Maxus T90's.

12x£120 pm including vat for 10k miles.

RWD only but does have a ton payload and 1.5 ton towing capacity.
Do you have a link? I've seen a similar-ish post on twitter (£153 per month) but when I google they are all £300+ per month. :?

edit: found one here for £137pm (after a 12-month up-front payment). This is for 10k miles PA. If you want to do only 5k miles PA it is £514 pm :lol:
White ones even cheaper. I assume there will be a broker fee as there can't be much commission in that one lol

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This is the solid state battery which is the EV equivalent of nuclear fusion with it seemingly always coming within 6 months for about the last decade.
When they’re actually pumping them out en masse at a not ridiculous price I’ll believe it.
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Still not enough range before we get started on load capacity!

Dave the Bears kids and dogs can do 800miles without a piss :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Carlos wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:38 pm Still not enough range before we get started on load capacity!

Dave the Bears kids and dogs can do 800miles without a piss :lol:
Word, none of this stopping along the way rubbish.

Dave!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany

Post by Beany »

Jesus christ, even when BMW get involved in boat design their shit is disgustingly ugly and kitsch.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Well that’s quite hideous. And it’s not as if hydrofoils are novel - they aren’t actually flying 😂

Is that aimed at wealthy people in the UAE, Saudi, Oman etc?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If it weren't built by BMW I'd have guessed it's potentially for Elon Musk as he seems to have a glass house fetish so this would go well with it parked out back.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:12 pm Elon Musk
He's too busy trying to reinvent the sitcom;

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My mum was all excited as she got an email saying an identical spec Fisker to the one she configured was available for immediate delivery. She called them today and it's identical apart from the exterior colour, the interior colour and the wheels. But they said the wheels aren't a problem and can be swapped to the ones she wants. You can only spec those 3 things on the car and they were all wrong FFS :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

BIL took dilivery of his Cupra Born - nice looking car. Rides well. Unfortunately the rest of my takeaways are negatives:

Not having any physical buttons is horrible, both form and functional. At least give me climate buttoms.
Not sure if all EV's are the same, but the instant hit of torque, following by zero sensation other than the numbers increasing on the dash is just odd.
This is a weird thing, but the floor feels too high relative to the rest of the car; I know why, but it visually and spacially feels 'wrong'.

From a cost perspective (especially for business) it's a no brainer, but otherwise...not a good start to the EV path for me.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Lack of physical buttons is stupid, who signs this off as functional before you even consider the safety and eyes off the road aspect is being me!

It's not only an EV trend though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If that Cupra has the same infotainment system as the ID3 then it’s a complete disaster. VW admitted as such and said they’re bringing back buttons for essential functions but it will take until 2026 to do so :roll: