That sinking feeling

Mito Man

Re: That sinking feeling

Post by Mito Man »

Circular saw is fine, I feel like the chance for screwing up something using a chainsaw is very high and the price for screwing up is cutting down a whole tree and milling it again and I just won't want to go through all that for a mistake.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Main structure is done
Hopefully we get a relatively dry January again so it can warp a bit closer to its final position before we put the roof on.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

You know who you need to call??

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:19 pm You know who you need to call??

Hopefully not, they usually call him when there’s a disaster :lol: What surprised me the most on that show is one episode he’s doing sheet metal roofing - gets out his Stanley knife, scores it and snaps the metal roof lengthways like a cracker. I try that myself and my Stanley blade snaps, nearly takes my eye out, and the roof doesn’t even attempt to split.
For a country obsessed with quality and built in USA they really do build their homes out of some crap materials. Can’t even use tin snips on the British Steel roofs, angle grinder is best.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The certainty do throw up buildings and structures pretty quickly on that show but I suppose the format dictates it.

The daughter seems to take a lot more care in what she builds.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…