Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

I have a couple of sections of ppf ahead of my rear arches - they are a little discoloured in their edges now. No idea if they did their job though, like locking wheel nuts - I haven't tried it without.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:55 pm I have a couple of sections of ppf ahead of my rear arches - they are a little discoloured in their edges now. No idea if they did their job though, like locking wheel nuts - I haven't tried it without.
DON'T RISK IT YOU WIL BE UNENSURED OMG OGM
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:54 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:55 pm I have a couple of sections of ppf ahead of my rear arches - they are a little discoloured in their edges now. No idea if they did their job though, like locking wheel nuts - I haven't tried it without.
DON'T RISK IT YOU WIL BE UNENSURED OMG OGM
😂
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

My new CLA has active lane assist (which to be fair, you can turn off) but rather than just warn you as you approach or cross the white line, it actively pulls the wheel the other way - not massively but enough - it's like it's weighting the steering. It's very disconcerting at first - like you've started to understeer.

I'm not sure I like it to be honest - I'm sure for normal drivers, it'll probably save lives but for driving Gods such as ourselves ( :lol: ) , it seems odd.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:23 am My new CLA has active lane assist (which to be fair, you can turn off) but rather than just warn you as you approach or cross the white line, it actively pulls the wheel the other way - not massively but enough - it's like it's weighting the steering. It's very disconcerting at first - like you've started to understeer.

I'm not sure I like it to be honest - I'm sure for normal drivers, it'll probably save lives but for driving Gods such as ourselves ( :lol: ) , it seems odd.
My wife's V class has a subtle haptic feedback in the steering wheel, it's the best lane warning Ive seen on any car.
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:23 am My new CLA has active lane assist (which to be fair, you can turn off) but rather than just warn you as you approach or cross the white line, it actively pulls the wheel the other way - not massively but enough - it's like it's weighting the steering. It's very disconcerting at first - like you've started to understeer.
First thing I switch off in mrs mik's etron when I get in it. I made an identical complaint on here just after we got it. It was around this time of year, on a fast stretch of A-road with long sightlines. I made use of the other lane to shorten a right hand corner - steering went light and the car ran wider than the line I'd planned as the lane assist attempted to put me back into the left lane. I also interpretted as understeer and my initial thought was black ice. Major adrenalin rush. Not just a stoopid system - a stoopid and dangerous system. :evil: And for elf n safety reasons you can't change the setup to make it default to "off" at start up. :evil:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

[sundayjumper] WOT ABOWT YOR INSHOREANTS!!!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:11 am [jobbo] WOT ABOWT YOR INSHOREANTS!!!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

You didn't reply in the other thread you Bell helmet. I hadn't even realised you were trolling me :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I must have a dig around the settings as there's no audible either warning when it's activating - just a tiny little red line on the dash.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Simon

Post by Simon »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:49 am

My wife's V class has a subtle haptic feedback in the steering wheel, it's the best lane warning Ive seen on any car.
I have both systems in my C class. If you go over a centre line it'll pulse the steering wheel hapticly as if you're running over catseyes. Then if you go over a the side of the road it'll pull the wheel and steer you back in. That one rarely triggers though, it's not very sensitive at all.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:02 am
First thing I switch off in mrs mik's etron when I get in it. I made an identical complaint on here just after we got it. It was around this time of year, on a fast stretch of A-road with long sightlines. I made use of the other lane to shorten a right hand corner - steering went light and the car ran wider than the line I'd planned as the lane assist attempted to put me back into the left lane. I also interpretted as understeer and my initial thought was black ice. Major adrenalin rush. Not just a stoopid system - a stoopid and dangerous system. :evil: And for elf n safety reasons you can't change the setup to make it default to "off" at start up. :evil:
In the one series you can default it off. Which i do - I had it on when i first got the car and a traffic contraflow completely confused it. Diversion was crossing painted lines and it tried to pull the steering left into the barrier. Went off for good after that.
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:04 pm
In the one series you can default it off. Which i do - I had it on when i first got the car and a traffic contraflow completely confused it. Diversion was crossing painted lines and it tried to pull the steering left into the barrier. Went off for good after that.
Interesting - I read that the E-Tron system can't be set to off as default as it's a safety system related to the NCAP rating. :?:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:06 pm
scotta wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:04 pm
Interesting - I read that the E-Tron system can't be set to off as default as it's a safety system related to the NCAP rating. :?:
You'd better check that with your insurers. If you have an accident and they find out you had turned off a factory fitted safety system it's a perfect get-out clause for them.
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:20 pm
You'd better check that with your insurers.
Good point. However, if they were to try anything I would claim

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:53 am I must have a dig around the settings as there's no audible either warning when it's activating - just a tiny little red line on the dash.
I'm drawn to that line occasionally. It sounds fabulous! :)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
dan

Post by dan »

Started mapping my Elise today….so far it’s doing 325hp and is rev limited to 9500rpm, but the engine has only had a couple of hours running so I’ll turn the limiter up when it’s run in 🤣

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

dan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:52 pm Started mapping my Elise today….so far it’s doing 325hp and is rev limited to 9500rpm, but the engine has only had a couple of hours running so I’ll turn the limiter up when it’s run in 🤣

So it's very keen to rev onward, even at 9500 then :shock:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
What revs was the pull from? Trying to tune my ears to it.