Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

The insurance saving alone covers the cost of the mansion.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Problem solved! Thanks guys
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

To be honest from the way I see a lot of cars being driven I’d say the first owner is the most likely to thrash it everywhere and generally not care in the slightest as they have a warranty :lol:
Cheers, Harry
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:47 pm To be honest from the way I see a lot of cars being driven I’d say the first owner is the most likely to thrash it everywhere and generally not care in the slightest as they have a warranty :lol:
I rag my hire cars and as they’re electric I assume there’s very little wrong with doing so? Get warm quickly also which is a boon these days
Cheers,

Ian
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well this is new, got an email from LV about my "upcoming renewal" but it doesn't give me a quote. It's just a full page of excuses about "why the cost of insurance is rising."
I believe I am being lubricated before the shafting occurs. I am not sure how I feel about this :?
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Is there a real underlying reason for the increase or are they just ganging up on us ? The insurance in my Smart was way higher than I expected.

Either way I’m sure your dad will find the money somehow.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

From the email:

Why is the cost of insurance rising?
It’s no secret that insurers are dealing with an increase in claims and growing costs. So, let’s look at some of the reasons behind these challenges and explain what we’re doing about it.

Challenges faced by the car insurance industry:
Cost of vehicle repairs – up 46% since last year. Reflecting rising costs, energy inflation and more expensive repairs. (Source: Data from ABI).
Vehicle theft – up 20.8% last year compared to the previous year, leading to increased claims. (Source: Data from ONS).
Labour costs for repairs – up 50% since 2019, due to inflation, shortage of skilled workers and the energy crisis. (Source: Data from Auto Body Professionals).
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I hate when they make you log in to your account on their website to see the renewal price.

You’ve just emailed to tell me it’s ready, just include it on the email ffs.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:15 pm Cost of vehicle repairs – up 46% since last year. Reflecting rising costs, energy inflation and more expensive repairs. (Source: Data from ABI).

Labour costs for repairs – up 50% since 2019, due to inflation, shortage of skilled workers and the energy crisis. (Source: Data from Auto Body Professionals).
A bit of overlap on those two. But overall - thank f**k Rishi is stopping those boatloads of immigrants and making sure it's British jobs for British workers who refuse to work for the awful rates that the rest of us have been deliberately, willingly ignorant of because it makes our own lives so much cheaper.

See also: human cost of mining cobalt etc. so that we can feel good about virtue signalling how we're saving the planet.

Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:15 pm Vehicle theft – up 20.8% last year compared to the previous year, leading to increased claims. (Source: Data from ONS).
That one however is firmly on @GG. ;)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Crossover thread !
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 amI've listed the Galaxie for sale on ebay.

I've been in to amend the description and up popped the - LOL - "AI" option:
Experience the thrill of driving a classic 1966 Ford Galaxie Convertible RHD. This two-door beauty comes with six seats, automatic transmission, and a powerful 6.4 L engine. With only five previous owners and 96,000 miles on the odometer, this vintage car has been well-maintained and is in excellent condition. The exterior is a stunning blue colour, and the black interior adds a touch of elegance to the overall design. Don't miss the opportunity to own this piece of automotive history.

It's mostly vacuous guff but asserting "...well-maintained and is in excellent condition" without me saying anything of the sort is surely an outright lie ?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:43 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:15 pm Cost of vehicle repairs – up 46% since last year. Reflecting rising costs, energy inflation and more expensive repairs. (Source: Data from ABI).

A bit of overlap on those two. But overall - thank f**k Rishi is stopping those boatloads of immigrants and making sure it's British jobs for British workers who refuse to work for the awful rates that the rest of us have been deliberately, willingly ignorant of because it makes our own lives so much cheaper.

See also: human cost of mining cobalt etc. so that we can feel good about virtue signalling how we're saving the planet.

Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:15 pm Vehicle theft – up 20.8% last year compared to the previous year, leading to increased claims. (Source: Data from ONS).
That one however is firmly on @GG. ;)
21% vehicle theft increase in a year is ridiculous. It's also fucking annoying when you see the instagram videos of shipping containers full of RHD luxury cars being unloaded in random places in Africa, no doubt all stolen - sending a complete stolen car, thousands of them per year, through the British ports is something that should never happen. At what point are the fvckers in government complicit with this - happily taking the additional VAT to replace the 130,000+ cars stolen per year.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Insurance market has gone absolutely nuts. I've never seen premiums like this. Some of the rates people are having to pay is just insane.

I really hope these higher amounts don't become the new norm..

Edit. Even worse if you're a new driver - loads of insurers pulling out of the telematics market, which has been a surprise. Also, electric cars becoming more out of favour.

High claim cost and increasingly complex cars not helping. Thefts up, but manufacturers consistently (and lazily?) releasing cars with vulnerable keyless technology has contributed. Only now are they starting to address. Significant number of thefts never recovered.

Shop around as much as possible!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Teslas were some of the most easily stolen cars a few years ago, then they did an over the air update which meant you have to enter a pin to start the car - same as unlocking a phone. No more thefts on pin enabled cars after that. Staggering why it's so difficult for other manufacturers, unless they don't mind. Only now that insurance premiums are hurting them in terms of lost customers are they doing something.
And perhaps it would be better for the EU to look at things like this rather than what USB standards we should use :roll:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:43 pm ...rather than what USB standards we should use :roll:

This sums it up very nicely:

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:15 pm From the email:

Why is the cost of insurance rising?
It’s no secret that insurers are dealing with an increase in claims and growing costs. So, let’s look at some of the reasons behind these challenges and explain what we’re doing about it.

Challenges faced by the car insurance industry:
Cost of vehicle repairs – up 46% since last year. Reflecting rising costs, energy inflation and more expensive repairs. (Source: Data from ABI).
Vehicle theft – up 20.8% last year compared to the previous year, leading to increased claims. (Source: Data from ONS).
I await hearing this excuse with my 13 year old roller skate that they would write off if I claimed for a parking dent
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Doubled… if the cost of repairs and labour is up 50% and the theft thing doesn’t apply to my Mito shouldn’t my insurance have increased by 50% rather than 100…
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I think repair places, rental outfits etc look to profit out of insurance work as there isn’t an owner standing over them watching costs.
When my Tesla gained its offside front dent in a car park this year they replaced both front tyres, which had nothing wrong with them.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:48 pm Crossover thread !
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 amI've listed the Galaxie for sale on ebay.

I've been in to amend the description and up popped the - LOL - "AI" option:
Experience the thrill of driving a classic 1966 Ford Galaxie Convertible RHD. This two-door beauty comes with six seats, automatic transmission, and a powerful 6.4 L engine. With only five previous owners and 96,000 miles on the odometer, this vintage car has been well-maintained and is in excellent condition. The exterior is a stunning blue colour, and the black interior adds a touch of elegance to the overall design. Don't miss the opportunity to own this piece of automotive history.

It's mostly vacuous guff but asserting "...well-maintained and is in excellent condition" without me saying anything of the sort is surely an outright lie ?
At almost exactly the same time you wrote this I was doing some work education on trustworthy AI. :lol:
Left over crest; tightens.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Alex88 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:18 pm Insurance market has gone absolutely nuts. I've never seen premiums like this. Some of the rates people are having to pay is just insane.

I really hope these higher amounts don't become the new norm..

Edit. Even worse if you're a new driver - loads of insurers pulling out of the telematics market, which has been a surprise. Also, electric cars becoming more out of favour.

High claim cost and increasingly complex cars not helping. Thefts up, but manufacturers consistently (and lazily?) releasing cars with vulnerable keyless technology has contributed. Only now are they starting to address. Significant number of thefts never recovered.

Shop around as much as possible!
Interesting point on the telematics. Any idea why? Ill be shopping in that market very soon as the boy is 17 next year.
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:43 pm Teslas were some of the most easily stolen cars a few years ago, then they did an over the air update which meant you have to enter a pin to start the car - same as unlocking a phone. No more thefts on pin enabled cars after that. Staggering why it's so difficult for other manufacturers, unless they don't mind. Only now that insurance premiums are hurting them in terms of lost customers are they doing something.
And perhaps it would be better for the EU to look at things like this rather than what USB standards we should use :roll:

That's definitely something that Tesla got right.

I know it wouldn't be quite as easy for other manufacturers to implement their own fix as they're more reliant on hardware, but there's been so much complacency. They could have (as we're finally starting to see) had keyless keys go to 'sleep' once the item stops moving, which is a pretty simple measure. I wonder how many cars would otherwise not have been nicked if something like this had been implemented much earlier?

Perhaps having customers unexpectedly re-enter the market for a new car once they'd received their insurance payout was to their favour.

Only now are they addressing the issue, and only because they're getting a lot of negative press (particularly JLR) and that their customers are reaching the point of not being able to insure certain makes/models. Funny how they spring into action when the issues starts to impact them rather than the customer only.