Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 am I was going to post this in moaning but having considered it, I'm more bemused than annoyed.

I've listed the Galaxie for sale on ebay. It went live last night. The first question came in and with trepidation I opened the email:
Hi how many owners has it had ?
It's a harmless question but - the car is nearly sixty years old. Are they expecting a 1-owner time warp, despite the photos & the description ?

Listing here for anyone who's curious. 778 views & 51 watchers since 8pm yesterday. I know that doesn't translate to sales but a lot of people have seen it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296091429552
I've added a view, does that help?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 am I was going to post this in moaning but having considered it, I'm more bemused than annoyed.

I've listed the Galaxie for sale on ebay. It went live last night. The first question came in and with trepidation I opened the email:
It's a harmless question but - the car is nearly sixty years old. Are they expecting a 1-owner time warp, despite the photos & the description ?

Listing here for anyone who's curious. 778 views & 51 watchers since 8pm yesterday. I know that doesn't translate to sales but a lot of people have seen it.

If I had space, money, time and energy (and possibly the moon on a stick), I'd have that off you. I think it would be an excellent candidate for an electric conversion.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

I've pinged a mate the ad. He's got an extensive collection of Americana and it might be the sort of thing he's interested in.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 am
I'm always confused that people fixate on the number of owners too. :?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Delphi wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:18 am

I've pinged a mate the ad. He's got an extensive collection of Americana and it might be the sort of thing he's interested in.
Seems a bit rash before we have ascertained the originality of the windscreen.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:08 am I've added a view, does that help?
£8000 in my bank account would help more ;)
scotta

Post by scotta »

scotta wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:03 pm The mini needs a battery. Any decent links for much cheapness?
After much flogging of dead horses with Pulse repair charging taking the charge from 30% to 30% I ordered a new battery from Tayna. Arrived within a day and fitted it yesterday. Stop start now works and fear of an inevitable stranding of Mrs A late night after her work are much less.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Has it had more owners than views? Or watchers at least?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:38 am Has it had more owners than views? Or watchers at least?
I'm the sixth owner.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:55 am Listing here for anyone who's curious. 778 views & 51 watchers since 8pm yesterday. I know that doesn't translate to sales but a lot of people have seen it.

I knew it was long but that is a very long car.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I love your Bentley wheels ad
sundayjumper wrote:Collection in person only. Don't even ask about postage or couriers.
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:21 am I'm always confused that people fixate on the number of owners too. :?
The fixation with extremely low numbers, yeah, folk being so concerned about buying a one owner car. At which point it's a two owner car of course and they have to brag about it being one previous owner. And then the mental gymnastics of subsequent owners - "it was a one owner car...". Every car was a one owner car at some point, you bozo :lol:

OTOH, high turnover of owners in a short period might be a warning sign.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:47 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:44 am LOL. No :lol:

I'm enjoying the way the ad goes on about the Marek engine being a major feature of this model and then casually mentions that it's missing. I bet they're not easy to come by.
I thought the same when I read it. Also, why quit now? If it is that close to being finished, surely it is worth more as a complete, working car.
Probably money, I bet you are 15k of paintwork and asimilar amount in small jobs looking it. Then any parts carrying the classic Aston tax could see that doubled.

Dave!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

JonMad wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:56 am I love your Bentley wheels ad
I've been trying to get rid of them for ages. It's painful. I had a guy absolutely adamant he wanted them if I'd post them, I relisted them with a postage option, never heard from him again. People :roll:

It's the single missing centre cap that's the problem. They're NLA from Bentley and very rare to find second hand. Even replicas from Aliexpress are ~£100 each.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:13 am
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:47 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:44 am LOL. No :lol:

I'm enjoying the way the ad goes on about the Marek engine being a major feature of this model and then casually mentions that it's missing. I bet they're not easy to come by.
I thought the same when I read it. Also, why quit now? If it is that close to being finished, surely it is worth more as a complete, working car.
Probably money, I bet you are 15k of paintwork and asimilar amount in small jobs looking it. Then any parts carrying the classic Aston tax could see that doubled.

Dave!
You're very likely right. But not giving a reason seems suspicious.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:13 am Probably money, I bet you are 15k of paintwork and asimilar amount in small jobs looking it.
And that missing engine...
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My x5 has had a ridiculous number of owners for an 18 year old car. The car itself seemed ok and I didn’t think to check. Then the v5 arrived 😳

It doesn’t really mean anything, and only takes one moron to ruin a car, but I guess the more something has had the higher the chance of passing through a cheapskate bodger.
Cheers, Harry
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Seems like you have only had it five minutes (although life is a timewarp in my late* 30s). How come the sale?

*mid to late on a good day
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Depends on the type of car, for me. I was the 5th (maybe 6th) owner of my seven year old Elise. People like to own a certain type of car for a short while then move on to a Boxster etc the repeat with an S2000.

I’d probably swerve a 10 year old 3 Series with 6 owners.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

6 owners in 60 years for the Galaxie is nothing. My one-owner 126k mile Boxster was in lovely condition though, so I do think a car with fewer owners is less likely to have been abused or tarted up cheaply for sale. Didn't stop it needing the usual things which go wrong over time (alternator, water pump, dual-mass flywheel etc).