Lego

ZedLeg

Re: Lego

Post by ZedLeg »

KiwiDave wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:49 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:33 pm Tell me more :D
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:17 pm Reminds me of a customer I had in a previous job. Family was Middle Eastern royalty and they (obviously not the family, but their staff) ran a museum grade collection management system just to keep track of the mother's purchases to make sure they knew what favourite item (clothes, footwear, jewellery, handbags, hats and so on) was in which of their properties and where it needed shipping to ahead of her arrival.
This basically. Our company makes software for museums and art galleries etc to manage and share their collections. One of our products is aimed at small to medium sized organisations, but you'd be surprised how many users are quietly cataloguing their personal collections of stuff behind the scenes. As a user has the ability to make the collection or items private or public, there's a number of people who are using it for their collections of stuff but keeping it private.

I've suggested we reskin it and market it at people with collections of things like watches and musical instruments etc. to specifically target collectors with money.
That's interesting. I could do with something like that for my books. I keep buying stuff I've already got :lol:
An absolute unit
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:07 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:17 pm Reminds me of a customer I had in a previous job. Family was Middle Eastern royalty and they (obviously not the family, but their staff) ran a museum grade collection management system just to keep track of the mother's purchases to make sure they knew what favourite item (clothes, footwear, jewellery, handbags, hats and so on) was in which of their properties and where it needed shipping to ahead of her arrival.
This basically. Our company makes software for museums and art galleries etc to manage and share their collections. One of our products is aimed at small to medium sized organisations, but you'd be surprised how many users are quietly cataloguing their personal collections of stuff behind the scenes. As a user has the ability to make the collection or items private or public, there's a number of people who are using it for their collections of stuff but keeping it private.

I've suggested we reskin it and market it at people with collections of things like watches and musical instruments etc. to specifically target collectors with money.
That's interesting. I could do with something like that for my books. I keep buying stuff I've already got :lol:
Goodreads. Free and easy to use.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Some decent deals for Lego Insider weekend - couple of freebie sets with purchases over (slightly high) thresholds, discounts by way of code from the Insiders membership and double or triple points.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:08 am Some decent deals for Lego Insider weekend - couple of freebie sets with purchases over (slightly high) thresholds, discounts by way of code from the Insiders membership and double or triple points.
Must.... not.... logon.....
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

That looks really cool.

I think there's definitely a market for a consumer level version which would allow you to track collections of watches, guitars, records, books etc.
Cheers,

Mike.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I do like Bricksie's stuff, relaxing to watch and he seems very down to earth.

Has anyone bought anything during the VIP weekend then?
Cheers,

Mike.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Bought the Pac-Man set (£45 off) plus the micro scale Hogwarts Castle and Grounds. So I got all the freebies and 5000-odd points.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Amazon reduced the brand new Hogwarts Castle and Grounds by £50 yesterday so I’m going to take my Lego store purchase back and have ordered it from Amazon.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Novel way of storing completed sets

Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

They look pretty decent. Lego models do look quite cool wall mounted, I have the McLaren f1 can on the wall above the tv, along with some other f1 stuff
IMG_0235.jpeg
IMG_0235.jpeg (114.65 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I caved and ordered the Shuttle last night while watching For All Mankind. I think there might be a few more space related models to come. Also preordered the Dune bug copter thing, despite my initial reservations.
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

unzippy

Post by unzippy »

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I like the wheels on the Audi but that’s about it!
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:25 am I like the wheels on the Audi but that’s about it!
I like the colours and wheels of the BMWs but that's about it. None are compelling me to buy them. Stop making EVs, Lego!
Barry

Post by Barry »

There's looking likely to be another Technic F1 coming at least, McLaren. I'm bored with the Speed Champion stuff tbh.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Barry wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:44 am There's looking likely to be another Technic F1 coming at least, McLaren. I'm bored with the Speed Champion stuff tbh.
Haven’t they already done McLaren?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Zonda_ wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:38 am
Barry wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:44 am There's looking likely to be another Technic F1 coming at least, McLaren. I'm bored with the Speed Champion stuff tbh.
Haven’t they already done McLaren?
Indeed, silly me was too busy thinking of that model when I was typing.. new one is a Merc