How to grass up bad driving

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

How to grass up bad driving

Post by Gavster »

You can now submit dashcam footage of bad driving to West Midlands police and they'll take action on it. I think this is really good, because it gives a chance for a lot of silly dangerous stuff which goes unchecked to be reported, such as jumping lights etc (which is a massive problem around here)

ZedLeg

Re: How to grass up bad driving

Post by ZedLeg »

The biker texting on the motorway :lol:
An absolute unit
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Seems a very sensible idea. There's certainly enough bad driving going on to warrant it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Good idea comrade.

As soon as we all start tattle telling on each other it’s the end of civility. It starts with the big stuff which is fair but then more and more minor stuff becomes fair game. I think it’s a horrific start.

Snitches get stitches.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Let's not bother with police on the streets, all we need is an AI bot looking at dashcam/GoPro footage and sending out fines. Much better than troublesome police officers with their pay and pensions and HR issues.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:39 pm
Snitches get stitches.
I concur with Dave!'s brutal prison logic.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:39 pm Good idea comrade.

As soon as we all start tattle telling on each other it’s the end of civility. It starts with the big stuff which is fair but then more and more minor stuff becomes fair game. I think it’s a horrific start.

Snitches get stitches.

Dave!
This is what China did many years ago, to the point now where there’s no trust at all between individuals. What seemed like an innocent good far all scheme backfired extremely in terms of social benefit.
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Not a fan of the idea personally, not so much this idea, but the overall concept of people going out of their way to get someone done over for something that didn't affect them.

That said, I guess in theory it could reduce the amount of traffic cops, and since I imagine videos of speeding are inadmissible we are less likely to get caught speeding.:)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I grassed this person up and would do it again tomorrow 😁

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Unforgivable that
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

That's fair enough, they could've killed that kid.

Grassing someone for looking at their phone in traffic is petty imo.
An absolute unit
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Not a fan.. slippery slope for all technical infringements receiving penalties, even innocuous ones. What is with the need to judge and vilify others?
Cheers,

Ian
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Like all of these sorts of things - it's how the information will be used that is important.

Cases like the Gob Shite that Speedingfine posted - hell yeah. Plod should definately take action on that. Motorbike Guy in the motorway. Also throw the book at him.

Guy sending a quick text while stationary in traffic - Not sure about that one. Technically an infringement but ZERO risk to anyone or himself.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Chris's video above shows why it's a good thing. But I suspect a fair few people who send their footage to the West Midlands Police will find it incriminates them for something as well.

A prime example: https://news.sky.com/video/rider-prosec ... e-13004494
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:12 pm
"He was pulled over when an officer noticed his registration number was illegible".

Am I the only one amazed that he didn't just ride & hide?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:06 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:12 pm
"He was pulled over when an officer noticed his registration number was illegible".

Am I the only one amazed that he didn't just ride & hide?
Maybe he failed to brake early enough for another roundabout and was easier to catch up with, like in the video :lol:
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:26 pm That's fair enough, they could've killed that kid.

Grassing someone for looking at their phone in traffic is petty imo.
There's a guy on Twitter on a bike who seemingly spends most of his time looking in peoples windows and reporting them....although I'm not sure if it's to the real police or just the Twitter police, though.
mik

Post by mik »

Matty wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:08 pm
There's a guy on Twitter on a bike who seemingly spends most of his time looking in peoples windows and reporting them....although I'm not sure if it's to the real police or just the Twitter police, though.
CyclingMikey non? He reports to the real police.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

I sent dashcam footage from Wednesday morning to Northumbria Police and they replied to me yesterday saying they were satisfied that the footage can be pursued through a fixed penalty process.

There's lots of idiots out there but this was one was particularly dangerous in my view. Undertook me on a dual carriageway, squeezed between the gap of the car in front of them and me and then brake-checked me before undertaking another car. It was raining heavily the night before and the roads were soaking wet. Pleased I did it and it's getting, hopefully, the right action. I've seen the same person drive like an absolute tool a few other times before.