New Capri

Mito Man

Re: New Capri

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:01 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:55 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:51 pm yep, massive frontal area and lifted suspension with big wheels is always good for aero.
So it only makes some sense to gain back a little range with a sloped rear then.
they jacked it up to make it more practical though. If practicality matters, then make it practical. If aero and MPG matters, lower it back down.

In reality, it's just a fashion decision (and a daft one at that).
For most people it is a fashion decision but then again it's a base model Ford and not a Urus or a Q8 so I wonder who you're impressing :lol:
I'd argue it's still far more practical than a typical low to the ground 4 door coupe. Easier access for older people or those with disabilities, easier to strap kids into and out of as you're not bending down as much, still has a bigger boot than a normal coupe, better wading capabilities which are useful when you're on an island which floods every other week in winter.
If I only had one car and had to have the best of all worlds, I'd probably pick an SAV or whatever they're called.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:22 pm For most people it is a fashion decision but then again it's a base model Ford and not a Urus or a Q8 so I wonder who you're impressing :lol:
Renault Arkana drivers, obviously.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Well, Ford has recently reduced the price of the Kuga/e-Mustang by £7k, so I’m not surprised they’re getting something else out to tempt more people in. I was reading that car manufacturers are not changing their product plans with the 2035 all elec target now achievable with their current swap rates, which were too low when the target was 2030.

I quite like the Cayenne coupe/Q8/Urus shape; it’s an incredibly practical shape for several reasons that Mito has already mentioned. I really like the Porsche Cayenne GT and a hybrid V8 petrol car is appealing if we have to move in that direction.

ETA: I’ll still probably call it a Krapee though! 😁
Cheers,

Ian
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I doubt the capri name means anything to anyone under 40 so seems less silly than using mustang on an ev suv while they still make an actual mustang.
Cheers, Harry