Your fleet running reports

Swervin_Mervin

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:05 pm Do they still have valley pipes these days? Could be that if not HG. Not sure how that tallies with the oil usage though.
Just looked and didn't realise that the N63 was still going in these. That may explain it :lol: From what I understand the N63 has myriad leaking issues.
scotta

Post by scotta »

MikeHunt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:04 pm Took the 550i for an inspection this morning, they have looked at it and it seems that the coolant is leaking internally. It's a new one for me, never heard that before and doesn't sound good. The engine needs to be stripped down, this could take until Wednesday.

They cant promise me a courtesy car until parts are ordered, they also indicated that the fix could require parts that could take some time to be delivered. Doesn't seem right to me and not a great customer experience.

The car was a keeper, after sitting in a G60 520i today, even more so. However, Ive already found myself on auto trader, looking at replacements. :?

@MikeHunt

you need to play the game on this one. call BMW Assist / BMW UK. Tell them the dealership says the car is using coolant internally. tell them you want the car recovered. Tell them you need a hire car. This is EXACTLY what i did with the X5 saga. Ended up in a hire car for 8 weeks.

BMW UK - 0370 5050 160
Customer.service@bmw.co.uk
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

scotta wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:33 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:04 pm Took the 550i for an inspection this morning, they have looked at it and it seems that the coolant is leaking internally. It's a new one for me, never heard that before and doesn't sound good. The engine needs to be stripped down, this could take until Wednesday.

They cant promise me a courtesy car until parts are ordered, they also indicated that the fix could require parts that could take some time to be delivered. Doesn't seem right to me and not a great customer experience.

The car was a keeper, after sitting in a G60 520i today, even more so. However, Ive already found myself on auto trader, looking at replacements. :?

@MikeHunt

you need to play the game on this one. call BMW Assist / BMW UK. Tell them the dealership says the car is using coolant internally. tell them you want the car recovered. Tell them you need a hire car. This is EXACTLY what i did with the X5 saga. Ended up in a hire car for 8 weeks. -
BMW UK - 0370 5050 160
Just out of interest Scott, why ask for recovery?
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

I was told to do similar for my 330 but I believe that was approved used, may be different for new.

Not good either way, how many miles :cry:
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Only 12,000 miles and 18 months old.

The garage asked me if I had done any very long journeys recently which I hadn’t, only 600 miles in the last month, but I said to the guy I expect this to cruise across a continent without any issues.
scotta

Post by scotta »

MikeHunt wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:50 pm
scotta wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:33 pm

@MikeHunt

you need to play the game on this one. call BMW Assist / BMW UK. Tell them the dealership says the car is using coolant internally. tell them you want the car recovered. Tell them you need a hire car. This is EXACTLY what i did with the X5 saga. Ended up in a hire car for 8 weeks. -
BMW UK - 0370 5050 160
Just out of interest Scott, why ask for recovery?
If you ask for recovery that will trigger the hire car through BMW assist.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

GT86 sailed through its WOF/MOT this week. Now at 11yrs old I'm happy about that. It's done precisely 1997km in the last year which helps I guess...

With the two newer cars in the household occupying the garage for a bit, it had been sat outside under a cover for about five months, which unfortunately as we're next to the coast had trapped a bit of moisture under the cover and had resulted in the alternator and air intake getting oxidisation all over them. Less than ideal, but car back in the garage and back on the C-Tek charger to revive it and some cleaning later and all is well. Must be time to give it another decent road trip...
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

scotta wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:56 pm If you ask for recovery that will trigger the hire car through BMW assist.
I will give that a try this morning, the car is already in a garage but worth trying.
tim

Post by tim »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:47 pm Image
You were behind me on the A143 this morning, on the stretch before Wortham where we got baulked by that massive agri vehicle. Compact looks mighty fine looming in the RVM! 8-)
scotta

Post by scotta »

MikeHunt wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:33 am
scotta wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:56 pm If you ask for recovery that will trigger the hire car through BMW assist.
I will give that a try this morning, the car is already in a garage but worth trying.
Phone BMW UK in that case. Tell them the car is not drivable and you have no courtesy car. IMO its not acceptable to have a brand new car in the garage for a warranty fault without a loaner. Especially if its a £60k car.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

scotta wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:03 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:33 am
Phone BMW UK in that case. Tell them the car is not drivable and you have no courtesy car. IMO its not acceptable to have a brand new car in the garage for a warranty fault without a loaner. Especially if its a £60k car.
Had a moan, they have "found" a car and delivering it to my house laster today.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

tim wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:20 am
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:47 pm Image
You were behind me on the A143 this morning, on the stretch before Wortham where we got baulked by that massive agri vehicle. Compact looks mighty fine looming in the RVM! 8-)
Cheers! Took me a minute to work out who you might have been 😄😄

Bloody farmers should be banned from using main roads between 7 and 9am!
Cheers, Harry
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

BMW finally dropped off a loaner car! It's electric, but at least it's better than walking. If anyone else ever has a similar problem, be sure to contact BMW Assist rather than booking the car into a local garage as they'll book it into a garage and find you a replacement car.

From what I've heard, it could take weeks or even months to fix my car. Sadly I'm already thinking about what to replace it with.

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

That's crazy, weeks or months? If it was the higher end of that bracket, surely it falls under 'not fit for purpose' in terms of getting a refund?

On another note, I'm really going off BMWs. I love the marque, however my last two have been unreliable PITAs and seeing yours off the road when it's so new is just another red flag.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

To be fair, your last one had quite a hard life thanks to Turo, that won't have helped.

The 335i was a nightmare though. I remember all the hassle you had with that.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve noticed 80% of breakdowns seem to consist of BMW, Mercedes and Land Rover. Barely see much of the other marques apart from the odd knackered Qashqai which probably hasn’t been serviced in 6 years.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:07 pm On another note, I'm really going off BMWs.
What did you drive to Bournemouth (cheese or services thread)?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 pm
Gavster wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:07 pm On another note, I'm really going off BMWs.
:D

And funnily enough, just this morning, Gavster & I were agreeing that we both like the i8.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:39 pm
It was a hire car, I basically live off them now. In this case a 23 plate BMW 118i M which was nice on the inside but not particularly attractive on the outside. Managed to return it without kerbing the rims which was a major win.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

MikeHunt wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:36 am BMW finally dropped off a loaner car! It's electric, but at least it's better than walking. If anyone else ever has a similar problem, be sure to contact BMW Assist rather than booking the car into a local garage as they'll book it into a garage and find you a replacement car.

From what I've heard, it could take weeks or even months to fix my car. Sadly I'm already thinking about what to replace it with.

I assume you have a charger for the bus but did they even ask before giving you that ? lol